This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-17-2013 05:50:27 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Touga/Saionji AMV: Super Psycho Love

I just posted a short AMV to my Tumblr accountemot-dance; Hopefully it won't get me pulled from the website.emot-frown

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#2 | Back to Top11-20-2013 08:37:58 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Touga/Saionji AMV: Super Psycho Love

Ha, that's really cute! I'm not as much a TxS fan, but I can definitely see where it comes from; their relationship is very intense and intimate, and lends itself well to slash. I think you caught some really good moments there to illustrate that. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top11-20-2013 09:10:59 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Thanks for the feedback, I thought I'd NEVER get any.emot-biggrin

Eventually, I'll redo the video with Sony Vegas and, once I get more videos converted, make it part of a larger video using the whole song. Hopefully by that time, I'll have found somewhere else to post videos without worrying about them getting pulled, or me losing my account because of them.
In regards to the pairing, Saionji does seem quite focused on Touga during the series; Maybe there's more to it than just wanting to beat him? etc-saiowank

Last edited by RhythmFusion (11-20-2013 09:25:23 PM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#4 | Back to Top11-20-2013 09:43:58 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's definitely possible! Like I said, I don't tend to fall into that camp, but I do see its appeal! All of that repressed and not-so-repressed emotion roiling around makes for some seriously sexy fanworks.

But what's this about getting your videos pulled? I've been on vacation, did I miss a youtube policy change or something? (Aside from the real name stuff, I already know that one...)

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#5 | Back to Top11-20-2013 10:28:26 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

I don't really know of any changes besides the Google+ stuff (which is BS), but YouTube is a bit too risky for me.emot-frown I'm considering other sites to post videos to, but I'm not really sure yet.
This actually isn't the first video I made, but it is the first one to survive all the way to completion (and posting).emot-dance

Last edited by RhythmFusion (11-20-2013 10:32:56 PM)

#6 | Back to Top11-20-2013 11:37:49 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

That's pretty good for a first attempt! I'm glad you posted it emot-keke

Pretty much any reputable video hosting site will have a copyright infringement clause that can mean removal of your work or banning your account. Most of them (including Youtube) seem to function mostly on reports by other users.... and I don't think anyone actually reports AMV's. Anyway, I've never seen an AMV get yanked or people getting in trouble for them. It's probably safe as long as you don't do anything offensive.

#7 | Back to Top11-21-2013 12:35:52 AM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

I've actually seen AMVs removed and/or blocked from the site before, all of them were either favorites or belonged to users I'd subscribed to.emot-frown I've heard other video sites aren't as bad about that sort of thing as YouTube. Thinking about it, I'll probably just make an account on Blip or something. Everyone else seems to be doing that lately. :shrug:
Did you notice the scenes where Touga was being manipulative? Those were the fun ones.school-devil

Last edited by RhythmFusion (11-21-2013 12:45:42 AM)

#8 | Back to Top12-09-2013 06:36:38 PM

jmie5
Precious One

Thanks for sharing, RhythmFusion.  emot-smile   I have a soft spot for Saionji, a bit of one for Touga, and one for Touga/Saionji.  I would have loved to have found this one in college, when/where I first saw the series (an evil English major who loved allegory introduced me.)  SexingTouga and I used to joke that Touga and Saionji should be together because they would make Christmas (the red hair + green hair, etc.)  But, as much as I joke about it, and though I do see them as a crack pairing (because realistically, in my point of view, no one's about to reconcile/heal themselves to the point of being capable of a decent relationship in that series -- especially not those two), the pairing is still one of my favorites. 

ONene of the things in Utena that really attracted me was what I saw as either the failure of friendship or the breaking down of important relationships.  It's like no one's safe.  Even Utena, just when it seems she's fullen broken through to Anty's core, loses her grip.

I don't know if when other forum members look at pairings or potential pairings they see what could have been, but when I look at Touga and Saionji I see the friendship that was (what was it, about episode nine?) that fell away, just like Saionji's bandage when they found Utena in that coffin.  I'm only so far into the manga, but in the anime they were two kids sharing one bicycle, practicing their hobby/kendo together, pretty close to be all out on their own and spending so much time together.  And whatever happened, they're not now.  To put it briefly, Saionji certainly has his inferiority complex (about which more than one member, if memory serves, has written wonderfully,) and Touga has his, ah, I don't know, Prince complex?  They grew, and they're nearly incompatible with the exception of appearances, members of the council. 

So, whether it's super psycho love or who was or who could have been a dear friend and an ally (no longer,) I do like those two.  school-devil

Board footer