This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-06-2009 03:51:44 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

What's your SLOAN type? (Big Five)

This is supposed to be the most 'scientific' way of measuring personality going by traits.

Test where you don't need to fill out some stupid survey.

Test where it asks for rather pointless information, in my book, though the questions themselves are better.

My result on the first test (didn't take the second one):

Extroversion      ||||||||||      36%
Orderliness     ||||||||||     32%
Emotional Stability     ||||||||||||||||     66%
Accommodation     ||||||||||     40%
Inquisitiveness     ||||||||||||||||     70%

So I would be RUCEI with the emphasis on the 'I.'

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

It'll probably tell you stuff about yourself that you already knew.  Heh.

(If you want, you can compare your sloan type to your MBTI type on the MBTI thread as Tamago had the idea to make comparisons, if you want.)

Last edited by spoon-san (09-08-2009 02:23:14 PM)

#2 | Back to Top09-06-2009 04:47:09 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: What's your SLOAN type? (Big Five)

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious.
I am RCUEI; rCueI; primary Calm

Extroversion |||||||||| 34%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 42%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Accommodation |||||||||| 38%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 68%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

RCUEI

Atheist/agnostic tendencies, unconcerned with public image, lower energy level, does not value tradition, avoidant, does not put the welfare of others above self, not punctual, unproductive, does not believe in human goodness, not easily moved to tears, seldom bothered by the suffering of strangers, insensitive to the needs of others, relaxed, quiet around strangers, tendency to believe only in self.

People have trouble reading them but they don't care, late finishing work, acts without planning, withdrawn, rarely too busy, not a perfectionist, uncooperative, not prone to complimenting people, does not believe in life after death, avoids crowds, prefers unpredictable to organized, not passionate about bettering the world's condition, does not second guess self, able to control cravings, calm in crisis, ambivalent to the feelings of others.

Believes in the importance of art, dislikes small talk, socially uncomfortable, private, not known for generosity, acts without consulting others, hard to get to know, not easily frustrated, interested in intellectual pursuits, not open about feelings, loner, asks many questions, open to change, influenced more by self than others, bored at work

Wow I am a bit of a bastard it seems and I would be lying if about 80%+ of what was written there wasn't true.

Calm

Not easily hurt, rarely if ever loses temper, keeps emotions under control, positive, not prone to envy, rarely sick, self reliant, trusting, stable, sturdy, optimistic, fits in most places, not defensive, likes change, if they were to live life over again they would not change much, content (possibly over content).

Believes in choice more than fate, good at building things, good at taking advice, does not make enemies, good at fixing things, admits it when they make a mistake, gets along with others, has more desire than fear, motivated, self confident, believes the benefits of freedom outweight then benefits of attachment

I would agree with 70% of it but if I could do my life again I would do things differently.

Last edited by Tamago (09-06-2009 04:56:59 PM)

#3 | Back to Top09-06-2009 05:05:08 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Tamago wrote:

Wow I am a bit of a bastard it seems and I would be lying if about 80%+ of what was written there wasn't true.
Heh, aren't we all.  Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.

I would agree with 70% of it but if I could do my life again I would do things differently.[/color]

Again, don't we all feel that way.  It's better than living life as a complacent ass all the time.  Or something. 

I'm not sure what I'm writing atm.  Whatever.

#4 | Back to Top09-06-2009 05:07:42 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I find it interesting that I am a rCueI type, if it was rearranged a bit I would be the Cruel type, I am EVIL! school-devil

#5 | Back to Top09-06-2009 05:13:13 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Tamago wrote:

I find it interesting that I am a rCueI type, if it was rearranged a bit I would be the Cruel type, I am EVIL! school-devil

Yes.  Yes you are.  emot-rofl

#6 | Back to Top09-06-2009 07:01:15 PM

The_A_Man
Someday Shiner
Website

Here's my results for the first one. They seem right to me.

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion     ||||     18%
Orderliness     ||||||||||||||||     64%
Emotional Stability     ||||||||||||||     56%
Accommodation     ||||||||||||     44%
Inquisitiveness     ||||||||||||     46%
Accuracy:

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

#7 | Back to Top09-08-2009 12:18:20 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

This is interesting!  The Big Five traits are acronymed OCEAN (or CANOE): Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism.  This test is a variant where, in order to assign you a type rather than just give you a score on each axis, they sort you into low or high Openness, low or high Conscientiousness, and so on.  For instance, the test rates me RLOEI: Reserved (low Extraversion), Limbic (high Neuroticism), Organized (high Conscientiousness), Egocentric (low Agreeableness), and Inquisitive (high Openness).  I think these tests are more useful when they use numerical ratings rather than tossing you into a type -- for instance, my Limbic and Inquisitive traits were much more pronounced than the other three -- but there you have it.

The type description for RLOEI is: "withdrawn, loner, moody, dislikes crowds, avoidant, not big on fun, socially unskilled, not that interested in others, overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings frequently, depressed, requires lots of time alone to recharge, socially awkward, hard to get to know, feels defective, averse to change, low self confidence, dislikes small talk, dislikes touchy feely types, private, not prone to complimenting others, driven by own personal gain, pessimistic, self absorbed, indifferent to the feelings of others, does not easily forgive, inflexible, skeptical, embarrassed easily, tense, lower energy level, attracted to things associated with sadness, very suspicious of others, does not believe in human goodness, interested in intellectual pursuits, does not put the welfare of others ahead of self, lonely, not known for generosity, unadventurous, doubting, quick to judge others, discontent, hard to understand, wounded at the core, believes in a logical answer for everything, worrying, uncooperative, agnostic/atheist tendencies, has anxiety, not physically affectionate with most people, feels second place is not good enough, frustrated when people don't live up to expectations."  This is a fairly good summary of me at my worst, though there are a number of pieces I think are off base, especially the ones relating to whether I love or trust other people.  Me at my best, however -- or even me on an average day when I'm able to give being my best an honest shot -- is a different creature and a much happier one.

#8 | Back to Top09-08-2009 01:03:11 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Mine are weird and conflicting:

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

#9 | Back to Top09-09-2009 01:19:02 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Emotional Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

I agree with some of this, but it is very conflicting, so I'm not really reading into it.

Took the second half, skipped the dumb random questions:

Openness to Experience/Intellect

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
           You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.      (Your percentile: 90) 

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
           You are well-organized, and are reliable.      (Your percentile: 69) 

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
           You are neither particularly social or reserved.      (Your percentile: 53) 

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
           You find it easy to express irritation with others.      (Your percentile: 38) 

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
           You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.

Last edited by lex (09-09-2009 01:22:48 PM)

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#10 | Back to Top04-02-2010 12:01:28 PM

Maruku
New Student

Extroversion |||||||||||||| 60%
Orderliness |||||||||| 38%
Emotional Stability |||||||||| 36%
Accommodation |||||| 28%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||| 38%

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress.

#11 | Back to Top04-27-2010 08:00:58 PM

Ruggahissy
Ballgoer

Extroversion |||||| 26%
Orderliness |||||||||| 34%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 66%
Accommodation |||||||||||||| 60%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 56%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

RCUAI

avoidant, often late, patient, rarely prepared, non-aggressive, slow to judge others, withdrawn, unconcerned with image, relaxed, avoids crowds, easy going, not demanding, low maintenance, unambitious, not domineering, private, thinks before acting, concerned with the feelings of others, not wild and crazy, not controlling, does not like to show anger, hard to offend, dislikes the spotlight, uninterested in leading, not competitive, overly nice, not physically affectionate with most people, not bothered by disorder, level emotions, does not second guess self, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not picky about food, not relationship obsessed, unproductive, unimposing, plain in appearance, disorganized, loner, lower energy level, very curious, uninterested in prestige/fame, not superficial, likes difficult reading material, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, flexible, trusting, does not stick to plans, easily distracted, interested in science, unconcerned that people have trouble reading them, a good loser, modest, not swayed by emotions

It has dawned on me that I'm the girl version of Shinji Ikari. And I'm never on time

#12 | Back to Top04-28-2010 03:44:00 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Ruggahissy wrote:

It has dawned on me that I'm the girl version of Shinji Ikari. And I'm never on time

You're in luck then, most of the hate Shinji gets is from him being a boy acting the way he does, a similar acting character like him but as a girl is considered moe, go figure!

#13 | Back to Top04-28-2010 04:53:15 PM

Ruggahissy
Ballgoer

I think that might be because he doen't fulfill the traditional masculine traits and so people say he's whiney but I think it's a reasonable level of whine for the situation. And I think I might be a little too old to be moe. I'm surprised it picked up on my non-pickyness in relation to food.

#14 | Back to Top10-25-2012 10:42:56 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Extroversion    ||||||||||||||    52%
Orderliness    ||||||||||||||||||    72%
Emot. Stability       ||||||||||||    48%
Accommodation    ||||||||||||    42%
Inquisitiveness     ||||||||||||    42%

Well, I guess I can generally agree with this...

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLOEN
Your Primary type is Organized

Even my Myers-Briggs puts me at 50-50 on the -troversion scale.
Yeah, I keep shit organized. People just can't handle my system. emot-biggrin
I think I'm more anxious than this quiz states, so that is one area I disagree on it with.
Selfish? The hell? Area Two of disagreement.
Small-minded? Traditional? Area Three of disagreement. emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad

#15 | Back to Top10-30-2012 12:40:00 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Extroversion    ||||||    24%
Orderliness    ||||||||||||||||||    72%
Emotional Stability    ||||||||||    32%
Accommodation    ||||||||||||    42%
Inquisitiveness    ||||||||||    40%

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLOEN
Your Primary type is Reserved

Yeah, this is depressingly accurate. You could tell me I'd won a million dollars and I'd say I'd celebrate as soon as I picked up my dry cleaning.  I'm very uptight too.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#16 | Back to Top11-04-2012 01:29:38 PM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

EEEEEEyup

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion     ||||||||||||||||||     80%
Orderliness     ||||     14%
Emotional Stability     ||||||||||||||||||||     88%
Accommodation     ||     10%
Inquisitiveness     ||||||||||||||||||||     82%

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were very low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were very high which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were very low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUEI
Your Primary type is Egocentric

Board footer