This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top11-18-2006 03:05:03 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Re: Games, yay!

I don't have very up-to-date technology...uh...so...uh...I really like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Castlevania 4, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story, Harvest Moon, Magic Knight Rayearth, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and basically anything Mario-related. emot-wink

I'm also really into the Pokemon gameboy games. etc-love

And I used to play a fair amount of text-based MUDs, but after my character got deleted in one of them (inactivity--I'd had a busy couple of months & hadn't gotten on in awhile) I got sort of pissy and drifted away from that. I was a really big part of the Discworld MUD a few years ago, too. emot-frown

Aaaand...in the non-digital scheme of things...I'm a huge fan of Scrabble, Chess, and Trivial Pursuit. school-eng101

#102 | Back to Top11-18-2006 05:36:58 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Frosty wrote:

I'm playing Final Fantasy XII right now!

I think I have played all of the FF games after VII.

Suikoden V was the only game that made me really want to search for fanfiction.

I mainly stick to PS2 rpgs, only recently when I upgraded my computer to a mega-bomb level, did I grab Oblivion and try to play. Unfortunately, I discovered by accident an internal cheat which allows unlimited items, which I couldn't stop myself from using, but which actually ruined the fun of that game so that I rarely play.

Curious to know, did anyone sleep outside for the rights to a Playstation 3...yesterday, was it?
My friend waited in Atlanta, he was number 25 in line, the next morning only 20 units were distributed so he went home empty-handed.

Final Fantasy XII is pure freaking win.

And Fran sounds like Bjork when she speaks. XD

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#103 | Back to Top11-18-2006 07:01:04 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I'd kill to play FFXII right now. It looks so cool, but unfortunately other things have been posessing me. ;(

I probably won't buy a PS3 either, mostly because I'm not even sure my PS2 was worth the cash, and I bought it 5-6 years ago. I prefer the older things, and I miss MUDs. I'd probably get involved in more if most of them haven't collapsed under their own weight over the past few years.

Blah, time. My old IRC RP group is defunct too.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#104 | Back to Top11-19-2006 03:49:36 AM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

the ps3 isnt worth the hype really and sony jumped the gun on it hoping to get profit in their many defected ps3 and whats worse are the people that actually buy them for 3 grand and up on e-bay....i'll stick with ps2 for now cause well i havent had a chance to buy much games for it to play...that and i have been on a PC gamer for a little tad longer time

but FF12 is good in a sense of graphics...game play you kinda have to get use to....it looks like they took the time to make the plot of the game so i say it is something to play

but like you i have other things that rule over my time....like hw

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#105 | Back to Top11-19-2006 10:31:26 AM

Sanguine_Rose
Juri Jeerer

Sony are money grubbing bastards. I'm only going to get a PS3 if i medically need a certain game on it. I can't believe what they did to Lik-Sang too.

Phoenix Wright is cool and I'm definitly going to get Harvest Moon for the DS.

Everyone's saying FFXII is kicking serious ass, which I'm glad because I really didn't like FFX or FFX-2.

I loved playing MUD's too. My fave was Avalon I think it was called but I lost my profile on it and didn't have the heart to start again. emot-frown

When Patrick Stewart says "Come", WE ALL COME.

#106 | Back to Top11-19-2006 06:11:51 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Hahaha, FFX.  Everyone I knew loved it but I couldn't finish it.

It ended up turning into "THE CREATIVE WAYS TO GET YUNA KILLED HOUR" ;/

#107 | Back to Top11-19-2006 07:35:15 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Hinotori wrote:

Hahaha, FFX.  Everyone I knew loved it but I couldn't finish it.

It ended up turning into "THE CREATIVE WAYS TO GET YUNA KILLED HOUR" ;/

Ah. FF X.

Strangely enough, I always found Yunalesca more of a pain in the ass than Yu Yevon was. Go figure.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#108 | Back to Top11-19-2006 08:02:05 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

You're made invincible during the Yu Yevon fight, aren't you? At the least all he does is Demi crap, nothing lethal.

Yunalesca combos zombification with Life (or Curaga, I can't remember) to easily kill people, making her an actual threat.

FFX was good, certainly not one of my favourites though.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#109 | Back to Top11-20-2006 04:26:40 PM

G&Ysnumber1fan
Tenjou Tilter
Website

It must be fate that lead someone with the name Ragnarok to leave the post above me, cause that's exactly what I wanted to discuss.

Ok, I need for some people to tell me about their experiences with Ragnarok Online because I plan on joining it in a few minutes, and I would like to see other's experiences on playing it.

Akio..and James Brown(R.I.P.) have two things in common:
1)They are sex machines...
2)They are the only ones that could possibly make jumping over the windshield of a car look effortless..

#110 | Back to Top11-20-2006 07:46:37 PM

puella_nerdii
Miki Molester

Add me to the list of people currently being owned by FF12.

I only really started to get into gaming about a year ago, after discovering the joy of RPGs thanks to my cousin loaning me FFVII. (Yay, games that don't require hand-eye coordination for me to play!) Since then, I've played various games in the Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Xenogears, and Suikoden series, most of which I've liked. I also picked up Kingdom Hearts at my sister's insistence -- I was surprised that I actually managed to get through it without dying horribly too often. I'm trying to expand my RPG collection as Christmastime draws near.

Oh, and I also play a lot of Dance Dance Revolution. It's exercise for when I'm too lazy to leave my room. emot-smile

#111 | Back to Top11-21-2006 12:11:07 AM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

puella_nerdii wrote:

Add me to the list of people currently being owned by FF12.

I only really started to get into gaming about a year ago, after discovering the joy of RPGs thanks to my cousin loaning me FFVII. (Yay, games that don't require hand-eye coordination for me to play!) Since then, I've played various games in the Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Xenogears, and Suikoden series, most of which I've liked. I also picked up Kingdom Hearts at my sister's insistence -- I was surprised that I actually managed to get through it without dying horribly too often. I'm trying to expand my RPG collection as Christmastime draws near.

Oh, and I also play a lot of Dance Dance Revolution. It's exercise for when I'm too lazy to leave my room. emot-smile

woo welcome to the RPG club....games you should try are chrono cross and ledgends of dragoon...those are the must play classic rpgs and good luck if you try and play all the FF

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#112 | Back to Top11-21-2006 04:51:32 AM

Kanashimi
Juri Jeerer
Website

FFXII has amazed me where I've had to take it in small doses. I'm pretty sure I cried, screamed, and gasped by the time the opening cutscene was over. To think, I've only played twenty hours... <<;;

The liscense system bugged me at first but, I've finally gotten use to it.

#113 | Back to Top11-21-2006 01:33:07 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

G&Ysnumber1fan wrote:

It must be fate that lead someone with the name Ragnarok to leave the post above me, cause that's exactly what I wanted to discuss.

Ok, I need for some people to tell me about their experiences with Ragnarok Online because I plan on joining it in a few minutes, and I would like to see other's experiences on playing it.

I'm a pretty terrible example for that because I don't do well with MMO's. I played RO for the free month trial thingy they give you and I got tired of it within two weeks. Like any online game it's dully repetitive unless you're doing things with other people, and I like to set my own pace so I mainly played by myself. The only things I recollect about it now are that you need to level up in order to learn how to sit down and that it takes ages to get anywhere.

Still it was kinda fun for those first two weeks. Infinitely better than EVE...

#114 | Back to Top11-21-2006 04:34:34 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

The game that I have been playing and having some trouble completing the Zero mission 'New Model Army' stage in my GTA:SA game as I am having a bitch of a time manoeuvring my mini copter on my laptop, makes me wish I had a duel controller. emot-mad

Last edited by Tamago (11-21-2006 04:34:52 PM)

#115 | Back to Top11-21-2006 07:14:39 PM

puella_nerdii
Miki Molester

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

woo welcome to the RPG club....games you should try are chrono cross and ledgends of dragoon...those are the must play classic rpgs and good luck if you try and play all the FF

Ooh, thanks for the recommendations. I'll try to track them down.

#116 | Back to Top11-21-2006 07:48:16 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Ah, I have a tip for FFXII... Get to level 30, before leaving Rabanaster!

How? In the beginning, chain those wolves until you've opened 2 MQ's. Then, find the werewolves in the Giza plains area and keep using your MQ's against them. 1,200 experience per wolf. Do it when the main character is alone, and your levels will advance MUCH quicker. Finally, when everyone else joins - they join at the same level. Woohoo! Second playthough, my first time, I was all the way in Ozmodea area and still at level 25, terrible. Now my level is 31, and I'm just now sneaking into the palace...

I'm "living the dream," emot-dance oh wait or was that "living the lie"? emot-gonk

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#117 | Back to Top11-21-2006 09:46:52 PM

Kanashimi
Juri Jeerer
Website

Curses, I'm past that part. I'm at level twenty two and I'm right after the Tomb where you get the DS. My major thing has been money, so I've been battling those skeletons in the Lhsusa (SP?) Mines like nuts because 99 gives you around 20,000 gil or so.

#118 | Back to Top11-21-2006 10:22:23 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Kanashimi wrote:

Curses, I'm past that part. I'm at level twenty two and I'm right after the Tomb where you get the DS. My major thing has been money, so I've been battling those skeletons in the Lhsusa (SP?) Mines like nuts because 99 gives you around 20,000 gil or so.

Ah yes, I think I started the game over, just a little past where you are now. I didn't like how poor my characters were faring in the Ozmodia (sp? aren't the names all difficult???) area.

Oooh thanks, I didn't realize it was that much profit to be gained from selling the skeleton bones. I'm not sure how to open the one for the "dead creatures" but after you complete the hunt for the Thextara, and speak to the guy in the bazaar, a new item becomes available for like 20,000. BUY IT!!! It increases the value of the loot of beasts and air creatures.

On a side note, don't you wish they had something to boost the treasure value? I hope they do. I am pretty sick of finding treasure chests that contain 2 gil or an antidote.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#119 | Back to Top11-21-2006 10:32:20 PM

Kanashimi
Juri Jeerer
Website

Yesh, the names are EXTREMELY hard to remember yet I can say them with such ease... <<;;

There was another gil-making tip that I found off gamesfaq.com, I haven't gotten the chance to test it out myself but here it is if it'll help.

I'll try to look for that item, ANYTHING to boost my gil would be great. My weapons were suffering until I did that bone fragment trick. Besides going to a low-level area, and asking two party memebers to 'steal'---not that I know of (that would be ten time easier with a guest though). Then again, I haven't gotten past twenty hours or so.

#120 | Back to Top11-25-2006 03:22:42 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

l0l proast bump etc.

I've got a lot of freetime, just finished all the books I was going to read, and "sit and think" seems to be ruining my mental health. I think this calls for a totally healthy MMO addiction.

I'm pretty burnt out on Maple Story (if you couldn't tell before). Not like it wasn't fun, but in the end I started playing it for the wrong reasons. I might start up again as soon as they kickstart a new server whenever that is. Anyone else addicted to something right now they'd like to reccomend? I trust the tastes of Utena fans.

#121 | Back to Top11-25-2006 03:28:38 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Hinotori wrote:

l0l proast bump etc.

I've got a lot of freetime, just finished all the books I was going to read, and "sit and think" seems to be ruining my mental health. I think this calls for a totally healthy MMO addiction.

I'm pretty burnt out on Maple Story (if you couldn't tell before). Not like it wasn't fun, but in the end I started playing it for the wrong reasons. I might start up again as soon as they kickstart a new server whenever that is. Anyone else addicted to something right now they'd like to reccomend? I trust the tastes of Utena fans.

i'm addicted to wow....damn them monthyly fees

if you dont like monthly fees then try guild wars

if you dont like paying at all then try
Rakion
Puzzle Pirates
flyff (it stands for fly for fun....never actually tried...but it was one of the top mmos in mmorpg.com....for some reason it beat wow...so it gots to be good)

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#122 | Back to Top11-25-2006 03:45:13 PM

Nessy
Website

So I had a "game day" today and managed to STAY STUCK in the SAME PLACE I've been stuck for the past SIX MONTHS in Super Mario World.

*weepy* I am so incompetant. emot-frown

#123 | Back to Top11-25-2006 04:27:34 PM

Calliston
High Tripper

I don't like FFXII.

Burn. emot-dance

#124 | Back to Top11-25-2006 05:56:33 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Nessy wrote:

So I had a "game day" today and managed to STAY STUCK in the SAME PLACE I've been stuck for the past SIX MONTHS in Super Mario World.

*weepy* I am so incompetant. emot-frown

Is it Tubular? Hands down the hardest level in the entire game.

#125 | Back to Top11-25-2006 06:27:22 PM

Nessy
Website

No, it's Lemmy's Castle. It's not even a HARD level, not really. I just keep getting materialized on by the wizards then giving up and storming away.

Board footer