This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-24-2007 12:42:25 AM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

My japanese mother

Recently I took a job in a publishing outfit, there I met a sweet Japanese mother in her fifties.
She traveled from Tokyo  and her name was Satchiko, which she told me means "happy child".
I thought it was awesome when she shared her cute little Japanese stories.
Today she brought me a homemade lunch of Yakisobo and a few rice rolls and a little baggy of chopped
seaweed, since I'm poor and close to homeless.
I thought it was crazy awesome so I had to share this person with you, I suppose the topic is about
awesome Japanese people you have met in your life, or broken down, awesome people.

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#2 | Back to Top02-24-2007 01:01:05 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: My japanese mother

My japanese teacher was sincerely awesome. She exuded class; she dressed immaculately, she was unfailingly considerate, and absolutely one of the funniest, most learned drill sergeants I have ever had. That woman was really something. I was amazed by her to the point that I felt myself wanting to become a groupie, or at least to learn more about being that kind of person. One of the only times I've ever been knocked on my ass by a person in a totally nonsexual way. Unfortunately, I don't think she liked me much, but who knows? Maybe when I see her again, she will think more of me.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top02-24-2007 09:02:43 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

Re: My japanese mother

When I was in first and second grade, I met one of my best friends at the time. She was from Tokyo too. I attended a private school campus which also had a university. Her dad came to study ministry. It really was my first taste of Japanese culture (even though I'm Asian myself, hohoho). She was awesome and it was really a life changing experience. I learned some Japanese from her. Too bad we are no longer in contact. emot-frown

Board footer