This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top11-11-2015 09:46:20 AM

BunB
Ohtori Paramouri

Re: English Translation of Utena game (Itsuka Kakumei Sareru Monogatari)

prumm wrote:

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and I'm so glad that there's a first working version of this translation! I rehosted the ISOs if anyone needs them.

Disc 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yaj3n … _Sega1.iso
Disc 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8e3x … _Sega2.iso

Are these links dead for anyone else?

Must the sign of the negative proposition be constructed by means of the sign of the positive? Why should one not be able to express the negative proposition by means of a negative fact?

#102 | Back to Top11-11-2015 07:30:11 PM

Ressey
New Student

Can't believe this finally got translated! Thank you for providing us this game!

#103 | Back to Top11-15-2015 11:37:48 PM

voraciousKraken
New Student

Is anyone else having an issue with the backdrops in the visual novel? Characters and backgrounds will occasionally just show up as a black screen for me D:

#104 | Back to Top11-16-2015 01:07:06 PM

Endless
ISOlationist

If you have pressed numeric pad, you may have hidden some rendring of SSF, since it uses those hotkeys to enable/disable certain renderings.
See Option->Graphic, and check that everything there is checked.

Last edited by Endless (11-16-2015 01:08:08 PM)

#105 | Back to Top11-17-2015 04:33:35 PM

Yokai_Em
New Student

I just signed up to say *thank you very much!* for translating this game and making it available for us English speakers. I know from experience how difficult working on a visual novel (of any length) can be , so I just wanted to show my appreciation by posting. Thanks again!

#106 | Back to Top11-18-2015 09:19:32 AM

BunB
Ohtori Paramouri

Anyone got this running on Windows 10? SSF doesn't seem to run at all.

Must the sign of the negative proposition be constructed by means of the sign of the positive? Why should one not be able to express the negative proposition by means of a negative fact?

#107 | Back to Top11-19-2015 08:55:03 PM

malna
Caretaker

I've just finished the game and [ I feel so... trolled? Is that a word? I ended up with Juri and I got a brush off, game over. emot-biggrin Does anyone know if it's similar outcome for all the possible choices in the story? ]

a lot of hope in one man tent

#108 | Back to Top11-19-2015 10:04:38 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

malna wrote:

I've just finished the game and [ I feel so... trolled? Is that a word? I ended up with Juri and I got a brush off, game over. emot-biggrin Does anyone know if it's similar outcome for all the possible choices in the story? ]

Just because Juri [saved you] doesn't mean you got her best ending. It's possible to get the "normal" ending with any of the StuCo members. You may need even more Juri points [and sufficient Utena points, of course.]

#109 | Back to Top11-20-2015 04:11:59 AM

malna
Caretaker

Are you telling me it's not her; it's me? emot-biggrin
But really, thanks for clearing this up for me.

a lot of hope in one man tent

#110 | Back to Top11-24-2015 05:45:54 PM

cel
New Student
Website

Thank you guys so much!
After spending an hour finding out how to play a Sega Saturn game, I went straight to the Juri and Utena endings haha

It was a great game (and actually kind of long too, though maybe because of stopping to listen to the VAs' dialogue) and you guys have done a swell job of translating it. Thank you! emot-tongue

#111 | Back to Top11-24-2015 06:44:42 PM

CeciliaCrescent
New Student

This is wonderful! etc-love I'm actually studying Japanese right now and hope that maybe when I get better, I could even help out with some translations in the future, but for now, I'll stick with this. emot-biggrin

#112 | Back to Top12-10-2015 01:57:26 AM

Kesiana
New Student

BunB wrote:

prumm wrote:

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and I'm so glad that there's a first working version of this translation! I rehosted the ISOs if anyone needs them.

Disc 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yaj3n … _Sega1.iso
Disc 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8e3x … _Sega2.iso

Are these links dead for anyone else?

They work just fine for me.  emot-confused

To everyone who helped make this happen: THANK YOU!!!

#113 | Back to Top12-20-2015 06:07:06 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

oh my god emot-gonk

I STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS AND I AM SO SAD emot-gonk

I work almost all the time now so I can't do, like, anything. Slowly getting all my net presence back up and running

I've waited for this for like fifteen years now and it's done and I will never get to play it

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/emotes/emot-froggonk.gif

PS: Dallbun, please let me know if anything needs to be changed on the tumblr thing and I will fix it as soon as I get to tumblr. I'll also resolve any hosting issues with the files if that's still even a thing, I don't remember anymore.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#114 | Back to Top12-24-2015 11:10:04 PM

RotoSeraph
New Student

In a time when fan translators are dropping projects for games that are a few years old, I never thought that I would see a translation for a game that's nearly 20 years old come out.

You guys are amazing!emot-rofl

Just finished the Juri, Utena and Anthy endings and the translation looks great so far.emot-biggrin

#115 | Back to Top12-25-2015 12:31:26 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

In a time when fan translators are dropping projects for games that are a few years old, I never thought that I would see a translation for a game that's nearly 20 years old come out.

The SKU community that gathers on this site. etc-love

And ditto on the no time department. Or not enough time for something on the lower end of my priority list. Still, I feel an itch during these days when I don't have to go out. Maybe, maybe...

#116 | Back to Top01-01-2016 04:25:42 AM

regcommathe
New Student

So I'm super stoked about this and have wanted to play this game since it came out back when I was in high school. Thank you so much for all the hard work on this, seriously.

Though I'm having a bit of an issue. One of my friends was kind enough to let me borrow their windows machine to run the translator, but since I have a mac, it seems like Yabause is my only option for Sega Saturn emulators, and as soon as I get past the title screen all I get is this horrible screeching static. Is there a work around at all for this?

#117 | Back to Top01-02-2016 03:01:16 PM

Hjalmar
New Student

Thank you very much :>
The game surely will "help" me pass CAE emot-tongue

Last edited by Hjalmar (01-02-2016 03:01:35 PM)

#118 | Back to Top01-03-2016 04:32:21 PM

Clairytron
New Student

I wanted to thank you all for translating this game. Years ago I bought the Japanese Sega Saturn just to play it (yeah, I know). Enjoyed it back then thanks to walkthroughs, but being able to actually understand everything is absolutely glorious. I've played it 3 times already in a couple of days. I may need sleep.

#119 | Back to Top01-19-2016 11:53:29 AM

Sailor Mademoiselle
New Student

Hello
Thank you so much for translating this!
This is such a surreal feeling to think you knew everything about this 20 years old series, and then suddently discover a game made by all the same writers, artists and voice actors. And see so much  of a new scenes with my favorite characters etc-love3
It's almost like discovering a lost episode (or even 2 or even 3, in this case)

It's curious to see the character progression expressed in voice acting. Somehow Juri sounds different from her series voice, and speaks in a voice much deeper, in a more of "may as well be 40" way than her usual tough and angsty 17. And the actor often portrays her as if she was male too, obvious when you play same lines with different StuCo members, and Juri's intonations match exactly with Touga and Saionji...emot-rolleyes
And Nanami voice tries to be the mix in the middle between her well-bred lady mannerisms of the series, and her deliquent persona she develops in the very end. Game!Nanami sounds much cruder and tomboyish than her series personality at this point.

I guess this is an example of that kind of writing, where sequels, midquels and remakes in post-production after a main series, usually they rarely use any of the personality stages the characters were developed through, and just use the last kind of persona the characters happened to have at the end of their series.

Last edited by Sailor Mademoiselle (01-19-2016 06:46:16 PM)

月の光は愛のメッセージ

#120 | Back to Top01-20-2016 02:44:45 PM

BunB
Ohtori Paramouri

Did anyone else ever come across this problem? For some reason no other cd drive shows up.
edit: Got it working but for someone reason there's only sound, no picture.

Last edited by BunB (01-20-2016 03:01:32 PM)

#121 | Back to Top01-23-2016 12:55:23 PM

toralos
New Student

I'm having some difficulties in actually setting up the game. I've downloaded everything and read the instructions, but I'm stuck on the first part. emot-confused

When you say, "place Japanese isos of the game in this directory," do you mean try to open them with the translate.bat? Or stick them together in the same folder? Or something else?
I've tried both, but the following message keeps coming up in the translate.bat, "'utena' is not recognized as an internal or external command. poerable program or batch file."

The file remains Utena_Sega1.iso, and no Utena_English1.iso comes up.

#122 | Back to Top01-24-2016 04:04:03 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

If I had been able to try at any point, this is exactly the kind of question I would ask, so someone please answer so I don't have to ask it down the road emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#123 | Back to Top01-25-2016 06:24:56 AM

bluewolf
New Student

Does anyone know how to change the settings so I can use keyboard and mouse?

#124 | Back to Top02-18-2016 05:28:04 PM

toralos
New Student

toralos wrote:

I'm having some difficulties in actually setting up the game. I've downloaded everything and read the instructions, but I'm stuck on the first part. emot-confused

When you say, "place Japanese isos of the game in this directory," do you mean try to open them with the translate.bat? Or stick them together in the same folder? Or something else?
I've tried both, but the following message keeps coming up in the translate.bat, "'utena' is not recognized as an internal or external command. poerable program or batch file."

Can anybody answer my question? I'm desperate here.

#125 | Back to Top02-19-2016 09:08:01 AM

jougetsu-juniper
New Student

toralos wrote:

toralos wrote:

Can anybody answer my question? I'm desperate here.

It means put both the iso files in the folder called "utena translator."

Board footer