This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top01-02-2007 06:19:00 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Games, yay!

Razara wrote:

Another game series that I love are the Sonic the Hedgehog games, which is also something from my past. I was disappointed to see that they haven't produced a decent game since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. I love the chao gardens on Sonic Adventure 2. I have a few Chaos Chao(s) in my Chao Garden. I still don't know how I managed to get all A's on every single level, but it unlocks a 3D version of Green Hill Zone... I'm not sure whether or not it was worth it, but at least I had fun doing it.

You and my brother need to hang out. emot-biggrin HUGEST HUGEST Sonic fan ever. He was running a Sonic RP site for a long time before he grew out of it.

He's better at design than I am. Jerk. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#152 | Back to Top01-02-2007 12:17:49 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Maarika wrote:

Also, what do you think about Silent Hill Origins?

Not that you were asking me, but I think it should be not on the PSP so I can play it. emot-frown

Also, I prefer the original Metal Gear Solid. In fact, I seem to prefer the original of most things...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#153 | Back to Top01-02-2007 01:25:47 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Are you planning to get MGS4 when it comes out? I'd love to play it, but I don't think I could afford getting PS3 (or whatever it was released to, I forgot).

Oh HECK yes. MGS4 and DMC4 are my main reason for saving up for a PS3. But I'm not buying one until they come out. That and White Knight Story.

I'm also planning on buying a PSP just so I can play Snake Eater: Portable Ops and Silent Hill 0rigins. And LocoRoco. I even bought a GameCube oh so long ago JUST so I could play MGS: Twin Snakes.

Yes, I'm a MGS and DMC nerd. I drew comics for them all the time on DA, too.

Hideo Kojima is one of my heroes. emot-smile

#154 | Back to Top01-03-2007 11:15:42 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Hideo Kojima is a genius.
I wonder why so many geniuses come from Japan. emot-confused Not that I mind, but it's a bit unfair that all my obsessions have been created by Japanese.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#155 | Back to Top01-03-2007 03:39:43 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Here, here, Maarika! emot-dance

I'll be purchasing a PS3 as soon as the latest FF game is released for the system.
Has anyone played the latest Xenosaga, episode 3, I think it is? I own episode 1, which was really good. But two changed the character designs to much, I didn't want to play it. I haven't heard too much about 3, I must have accidentally skipped it's write up in Game Informer.

I have all the .hack released so far, but I hear another is on the way. Yes! Yeah, the dungeons were repetitive, leveling up came easy without constant running through them though. The plot was fun, with those anime films included making this continuous story.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#156 | Back to Top01-17-2007 07:02:14 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Ragnarok wrote:

Everyone's heard of Bubble Bobble... right?

Only ONE person I met has ever heard of Bubble Bobble. It's a great game! About one of the only platformers I can play and beat without cheating. I love that you need to play with two players just to get the "good ending" and actually win! THEN there's the alternate mode, where the enemies get switched up! I love it!

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#157 | Back to Top01-18-2007 07:59:21 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

mercurynin wrote:

I'm working my way through Final Fantasy XII

I got that for Christmas, but I haven't started it yet because I'm playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time.

It's so freaking addictive.

#158 | Back to Top01-19-2007 06:56:42 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Trench Kamen wrote:

I got that for Christmas, but I haven't started it yet because I'm playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time.

It's so freaking addictive.

I've seen my brother play that game. When I first heard of it, I thought "Square's making a Disney RPG? They've sold out..." Then I actually SAW the game and...WOW. The team did a fantastic job on integrating the Disney themes into an excellent RPG on par with the Final Fantasy series.

By the by, has anybody heard of Enix's games (besides the Dragon Warrior series) before the SquareEnix merger? Terranigma, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Robotrek...gaaah, what wonderful RPGs! Even Dragon Warrior: Monsters was a decent game!

Squaresoft may have been the gods of console RPGs, but Enix came damn close...and that merger! Sweet divine Heaven itself! The gods unite at last!

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#159 | Back to Top01-19-2007 07:38:24 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

I've just preordered Final Fantasy VI Advance.  It's released early Feb.

I no longer need to buy video games.

Ever.

emot-dance

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#160 | Back to Top01-19-2007 08:23:23 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

BioKraze wrote:

By the by, has anybody heard of Enix's games (besides the Dragon Warrior series) before the SquareEnix merger? Terranigma, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Robotrek...gaaah, what wonderful RPGs! Even Dragon Warrior: Monsters was a decent game!

Act Raiser was fun. Shame about the sequel.

#161 | Back to Top01-19-2007 08:39:17 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I'm surprised Enix didn't think to release Terranigma into America. It was released in Europe, and unless you have a PAL-to-NTSC converter box, you have to play it on an emulator. But such a great game!

The whole Soul Blazer series uses the same "Dark Gaia" theme (Deathtoll was too obvious for a king of evil. I like Dark Gaia better) in Illusion of Gaia (Illusion of Time to some of you) and Terranigma.

Robotrek was an interesting aside, in which your robots did the fighting for you. You programmed them with battle moves, equipped them with arms and armour, and earned Megs instead of Experience when levelling up. It was a great game, complete with time warp, hacking into cyberspace and flying a space shuttle to new worlds. And reading the "Inventor's Friend" collection to gain better weapons and tools. Simply original!

And then there was Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest. Enix's answer to Final Fantasy. And what an answer it was! They even released a Pokemon like game called DW: Monsters, a niche game but still lots of fun. Imagine having the Dragonlord under your command!

EDIT: Edited for grammar/punctuation

Last edited by BioKraze (01-19-2007 08:39:58 PM)

#162 | Back to Top01-19-2007 10:06:52 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I'm fighting Ursula!

#163 | Back to Top01-19-2007 10:55:09 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Just because you brought it up, BioKraze, I had to go back and replay Dragon Quest VIII...so, uh, lemme get back to that! Actually, I'm online finding a hint to capture a rare monster. I love this game!!!! emot-smile

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

#164 | Back to Top01-20-2007 04:29:58 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Gah. I STILL haven't beaten DQ VIII yet, as I'm still working on FF XII and Xenosaga Episode II.

At least I beat the FIRST Xenosaga...

(edited; I BEAT Dragon Warrior VII, but not DQ VIII[/i].)

Last edited by onsenmark (01-23-2007 10:37:08 AM)

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#165 | Back to Top01-20-2007 05:47:59 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Yeah, I never finished Dragon Quest VII either. emot-rolleyes

In fact, I've never finished a Dragon Quest/Warrior game. And I'm near the end of VII too, I just can't get into it anymore.

#166 | Back to Top01-20-2007 06:03:12 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I've only played the first Dragon Warrior game for the NES. My favourite enemies are the ingenious little Slimes with those freaky smiles plastered on their faces. It's...oddly terrifying, in a manner...

#167 | Back to Top01-20-2007 10:51:24 PM

Morielo
Saionji Slapper
Website

well, thanks to most of my friends i got a lot into fighting games, i ussualy play Guilty gear, Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, KOF (98, 2002 or XI usually) and Garou mark of the wolves.

But also I enjoy a lot of games that look foward to experiment with the user, so i enjoyed playing new bounder breaking games at their time like Shenmue on dreamcast, or Illbleed also on the dreamcast that show how a thrilling kind of games like survivor horror can be ridiculized and make them even funny (keeping some scares of course).

Anyway, i donīt have any new gen console now, but the most gaming i get besides my fighting games sessions is playing wii with a friend of mine, which I find it as great and entertaining like the fist time I touched a videogame. emot-biggrin

Working on new signature, please wait

#168 | Back to Top01-22-2007 05:10:38 PM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon. :3 Since the release of Twilight Princess, I've been playing Zelda games non-stop. etc-love

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#169 | Back to Top01-22-2007 07:06:56 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All.

That's right, bitches.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#170 | Back to Top02-01-2007 08:29:49 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

*Tonelessly* Gotta catch em' all... Gotta catch em' all... Gotta catch em' all... e_e

Oh, God. Someone, please take the gameboy away from me. I found my old Pokemon Crystal Version, and now I can't stop playing it.

I named my rival Touga, because he has long red hair. The first time I played this game, I named him "???," because I was stupid enough to think that that was his real name... Am I the only one that used to play this game?

Edit: Oh, great. Miki killed himself. Now what am I supposed to do? emot-mad

Last edited by Razara (02-01-2007 08:38:26 PM)

#171 | Back to Top02-01-2007 08:42:10 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Miki was in a Pokemon game? emot-confused

I made it half-way through Red and got bored. Any game with more than ten characters bugs me, because I try to level all of them. I was constantly trying to evolve magikarp. emot-gonk

#172 | Back to Top02-01-2007 08:52:46 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Razara's probably talking about the Miki in her Sims game. Me, I just bought Okami from Game Stop. Anyone played this yet? It got really good reviews. I'll tell you guys what I think in a few days!

#173 | Back to Top02-01-2007 09:28:17 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Actually, Miki is my Marill. (A cute-blue-water-mouse-thing.) He was confused, so he accidentally killed himself.

If Sim-Miki killed himself, I'd say good riddance.

#174 | Back to Top02-02-2007 03:11:21 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Don't you just take them to the hospital thing and electrify their capsules?

Or is it different in the newer games?

#175 | Back to Top02-03-2007 08:58:46 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I've been playing the original Red and Blue on the emulator. And cheating heavity to boost my Pokedex before I pass Mt. Moon in Kanto. (In Gold/Silver, the new continent was Johto, while Pokemon original became Kanto. I remember that from a strategy guide.)

My blue version has only six active Pokemon, which IRL are all plushies. Yes, I collect plushies. And I'm not embarrassed, either. A Pikachu, Raichu, Psyduck, Zubat, Snorlax and Charizard. I love them all to bits.

My red version is a "Bug Catcher" type of team: a Beedrill, Caterpie, Venonat and Scyther (which I always name Utena for some odd reason). I decided to take a theme and run with it. It's gotten me far enougvh to keep faith in my idea.

Average party level for Blue is 32, with Cascadebadge (Misty). Average party level for Red is 20, with Boulderbadge (Brock).

God, I'm a geek. I think I'll stop now...yes, leave the keyboard alone...

EDIT: Oh, yes. Pokemon don't die unless Team Rocket is involved. They faint from exhaustion when defeated in combat. And I'd like to see somebody actually use the STRUGGLE attack in battle...

Last edited by BioKraze (02-03-2007 09:00:12 AM)

Board footer