This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top11-25-2006 09:22:32 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Re: Games, yay!

I forgot all about that one! Third castle, the one in the Vanilla Dome, right? Probably my least favourite castle in the game.

Actually it brings back fond memories of my brother and I constantly dying there when he rented the newly released SNES on New Years eve. emot-keke

(Secret bonus fact, I started reading The Hobbit shortly after that and always pictured Gandalf to look just like a Magi-Koopa... emot-redface)

But I digress.

I just finished Silent Hill 3. I rank it above the second but below the original due to very-sad-spoilery-thing.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#127 | Back to Top11-27-2006 12:14:28 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Wife and I are playing Champions of Norrath (the buggiest damn game I have ever seen on a console, I don't know HOW it got out without ever seeing QA or WHY all the fanboys rave about it when its playtime is roughly one quarter the typical Japanese RPG) because we've been sick and needed something utterly mindless.  Finished our first run through (with Lina Reverse, the ranger, and Gowry the cleric), with Lina getting trashed by the Hate God and Gowry spanking the Hate God to death with his Hammer of Wrath (no, really!). 

We just started a second run through, playing two dark elf shadow knights:  hers is a shaggy redhead named Touga and mine is white-haired with a single antenna named... you guessed it... Akio. 

Dark elves wear SHORTS as their "legging" armor.  DARK ELVES IN LEATHER SHORTS AND KNEEPADS.  And their voices are FULL of The Gay!

The dialogue we attribute to them is more than suggestive at times.

Akio has a tendency to fight with GREAT BIG STICKS.  No reason, of course.

#128 | Back to Top11-27-2006 12:22:32 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

tohubohu wrote:

We just started a second run through, playing two dark elf shadow knights:  hers is a shaggy redhead named Touga and mine is white-haired with a single antenna named... you guessed it... Akio.

If we're talking EQ universe, the only thing Akio can be is a dark elf enchanter. emot-mad With a red robe and a big, big stick.

Also...shadowknights in leather? But but...they're tanks. They wear platemail. AUGH I'M SO CONFUSED

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#129 | Back to Top11-27-2006 12:27:56 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Also...shadowknights in leather? But but...they're tanks. They wear platemail. AUGH I'M SO CONFUSED

We're really low level!  I'm sure we'll find plate someday!  We've only just upgraded to tarnished leather from tattered padded!

Leather SHORTS.

#130 | Back to Top11-27-2006 12:37:48 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

...Akio and Touga are beautiful, beautiful men. I wouldn't want to see either of them in shorts. In fact I don't want to see any male in shorts.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#131 | Back to Top11-27-2006 12:43:31 PM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Giovanna wrote:

...Akio and Touga are beautiful, beautiful men. I wouldn't want to see either of them in shorts. In fact I don't want to see any male in shorts.

Periodically, they are pantsless.   When one sells their pants and forgets to put another pair on.  Alas, they have some sort of... weird leather g-string.

#132 | Back to Top01-01-2007 05:35:22 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I'm so bored leveling up FFXII...so I switched over to the tried and true "Romance of the Three Kingdoms"...the only game in all of the world I have never properly mastered. It took me months to learn the basic concept. I read the book, I read the internet guides...no avail. Anyone else ever try out this little trinket? I can't be the only one to have such a problem.

So what are you gamers playing now?

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#133 | Back to Top01-01-2007 07:12:28 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I've played something from the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" series, I can't remember which one though. I remember completing one of the scenarios of the game but my result was very good as far as I remember. My dad played it too and he spent much more time with it and was way better at it than me.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#134 | Back to Top01-01-2007 07:28:14 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I played Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I distinctly remember enjoying it, but I don't remember much more.

Oh yeah. I've rolled out the Oblivion. I should also really stop hanging out in /v/

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#135 | Back to Top01-01-2007 07:53:46 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Yahoo, I am the only idiot! emot-keke

I'll help you guys remember the game...
You pick a scenario, or a ruler, and soldiers, which you can place on the map in different cities. Then begin the game with a certain amount of points you can use each turn to spy on other cities, trade resources, hire other soldiers, assign work duties to build the cities you control. Then, moving onto the actual "city" phase of the game, you have another certain amount of points you can use to "do work" or "observe" which builds the trust in that city. If you decide to take a city, your tiny little figures begin marching across a huge map which usually takes about 15 turns of just *moving* to reach the castle walls of the city you're fighting.

I usually choose a map, very divided, then play the rulers of each division. I use all the turns to funnel the money and resources of all the ruling countries to the one I really want to win. Then proceed to take over the entire map... But this process takes SO LONG. I can't stand it!

I could return to Oblivion, but I'm spoiled to PS2 roleplaying games with linear stories. Sure, it's fun to interact with every object in the house, or on the person... but without a guiding story, I get lost. 837 quest going at once, which one was I focusing on again?

I *really* want to play Zelda on the Wii.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#136 | Back to Top01-01-2007 09:44:31 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Ha, I know it's been a while since you said this, but I just have to show you this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSFCvG6curE

...and this is why men must never wear shorts. Having grown up in this environment first hand, I can promise you that stubbies are as terrifying in real life as they are on tv. emot-gonk

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#137 | Back to Top01-01-2007 12:02:35 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I started playing Monster Rancher 3 again.

Because I'm stupid. emot-frown

#138 | Back to Top01-01-2007 12:13:56 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Clarice wrote:

Ha, I know it's been a while since you said this, but I just have to show you this link:

...and this is why men must never wear shorts. Having grown up in this environment first hand, I can promise you that stubbies are as terrifying in real life as they are on tv. emot-gonk

You are made of pure evil. emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#139 | Back to Top01-01-2007 12:27:30 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Yasha wrote:

Clarice wrote:

You are made of pure evil. emot-gonk

I do try. school-devil And er...to get back on topic... [thinks fast] I could go away and play old Sega games on my emulator! How 'bout them MegaDrives, eh? ...actually, I wish I had an emulator for those old Atari systems. After watching a show the other day with two grown men leapfrogging across a busy Wellington street for the hell of it, I really miss Frogger...

(Psst, Yasha: if you think a Kiwi man's stubbies are frightening, you should see his budgie smuggler! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqucJCywwwE)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#140 | Back to Top01-01-2007 12:34:15 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Clarice wrote:

I really miss Frogger...

It's not perfect, but: http://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/fr … gger.shtml

#141 | Back to Top01-01-2007 01:33:13 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

Clarice wrote:

I really miss Frogger...

It's not perfect, but: http://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/fr … gger.shtml

...oh, god. I mean, I always knew I had a small brain, but this is going to amuse me for HOURS. Thank you! emot-biggrin

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#142 | Back to Top01-01-2007 05:02:25 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I was playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town before Christmas. I have since gotten an inordinate amout of games, so I've been switching between Devil May Cry and Mario. I need to start on Final Fantasy XII and Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires.

#143 | Back to Top01-01-2007 07:26:13 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hoo boy. I have emulators for NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA/SGB (all in one!) and Sega Genesis. I also own a dead NES, an SNES (I think it still works) and a shiny new PSP.

My favorite games are (by console)

NES:
  ~Bubble Bobble (blowing bubbles was never more fun!)
  ~Bee 52 (where's the pesticide when you need it?)
  ~Crystalis (October, 1999: The END DAY!)
  Kirby's Adventure (Metaknight is just soooo cute!)
  Mega Man 1-6 (All hail the Blue Bomber!)
  ~Shadowgate (keep them torches lit!)

SNES:
  Breath of Fire (Puka Morph RULES!)
  Castlevania 4 (Nothing like killing vampires!)
  Chrono Trigger (...But the Future Refused to Change...)
  Earthbound (Jar of Delisauce, anybody?)
  ~EVO: The Search for Eden (fun and educational, too!)
  Final Fantasy VI (ABSOLUTE BEST SNES RPG EVER!!!)
  Super Mario RPG (ever beat Culex in this?)
  Mega Man X series (pulling a Sigma is so yesterday!)
  ~Plok (AHHH! Flea attack!)
  Soul Blazer (ever find the Master's Emblems?)
  ~Terranigma (AKA Illusion of Gaia II)
  Tetris and Dr. Mario (The ultimate package for mindless gaming!)
  Zelda: A Link to the Past (another classic!)

GAME BOY:
  Kirby's Dream Land 2 (not Dedede, but Dark Matter!)
  ~Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (remake of Kirby's Adventure)
  ~Megaman and Bass (Rockman and Forte on the SNES)
  Pokemon (yeah, yeah...I know. I'm a geek.)
  Zelda: Link's Awakening (you can DIVE with them flippers!?)

COMPUTER:
  SimCity 2000 (One of these days, Ohtori Academy...)
  Starcraft (En Taro Adun, brave warriors!)
  The Sims (Got all the first edition expansions!)
  ~UFO: Enemy Unknown (Fear the Chryssalid! FEAR IT!)
  ~X-COM: Terror From the Deep (Fear the Tentaculat even more!)

PSP:
  Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (Finally! Vile gets a shot!)

Don't be surprised if you haven't heard of the games marked with a tilde (the ~ thingy). This is what I do when I'm not reading or on this forum.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#144 | Back to Top01-01-2007 08:22:07 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Everyone's heard of Bubble Bobble... right?

#145 | Back to Top01-01-2007 08:53:51 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had almost forgotten that I wrote a post about The Sims on the second page of this thread. e_e

I finally got The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've had it on reserve for two years, yet I've been so busy that I haven't had time to play it yet. I want to finish Majora's Mask before I start it. I wasn't too fond of Majora's Mask at first, but now that I'm at the point where I know how to do everything, it's much more fun.

The Zelda series is by far my favorite. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a masterpiece, and my favorite video game. Unfortunately, it was one of the first videogames that I ever played, and so I've beaten it so many times over the past few years that I no longer find it to be entertaining. This is why I tend to come up with crazy challenges such as beating the game with three heart pieces. My first time playing through the Master Quest version, I did it with only three heart pieces.

Another game series that I love are the Sonic the Hedgehog games, which is also something from my past. I was disappointed to see that they haven't produced a decent game since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. I love the chao gardens on Sonic Adventure 2. I have a few Chaos Chao(s) in my Chao Garden. I still don't know how I managed to get all A's on every single level, but it unlocks a 3D version of Green Hill Zone... I'm not sure whether or not it was worth it, but at least I had fun doing it.

#146 | Back to Top01-01-2007 11:00:16 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Oh, freaking word to all of the Zelda love. I don't have a Wii, so I only get to hear rumor of Twilight Princess' orgasmic greatness. Ocarina of Time was a fifth-grade venture. I still need to defeat the last boss in A Link to the Past; I kind of dropped it after my GBA SP got stolen with my car...

To all those mentions of Pokemon I heard: feast your eyes. etc-wankdudeetc-wankgirl I'm so glad I got a DS for this.

#147 | Back to Top01-01-2007 11:04:26 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

I. LOVE. SILENT HILL.

And Metal Gear Solid.

And Devil May Cry! Dante is my sex bunny. emot-biggrin

Well, actually, I love the series of those. I can't pick which Silent Hill I like best. Same with the others.

#148 | Back to Top01-01-2007 11:25:58 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

I'm working my way through Final Fantasy XII, but I'm taking my damn sweet time about it because for some reason I want to do everything right.  Yes, I know that "right" is a subjective term in this case.  I guess I'm still scarred from X-2 and its stupid "percentage completion" crap.  It's all because I didn't master the mini-game du jour and I couldn't be made to care about digging in the freaking desert for parts for some machine boss which I had to repeatedly fight.  But I digress.  For some reason, in XII, I'm really concerned with hunts, but at least that's a useful mini-game-type venture instead of an annoying, pointless one (Sphere Break, I'm glaring in your general direction).

I'm also playing both Guitar Hero games until my fingers cramp.  So, so fun, but as with all other rhythm games (DDR, et al.) I can't seem to get past the second difficulty level (Medium, in GH's case).  I got two controllers and my guy and I have been playing all weekend.  Though it has led my mom's boyfriend to think that I'm a closet metalhead, which I'm not.

Looking forward to Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All next month.  I preordered it last week.  I LOVED the first game and I can't wait for an excuse to start playing my oft-neglected DS again.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#149 | Back to Top01-01-2007 11:50:35 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Guitar Hero is amazing. emot-dance

#150 | Back to Top01-02-2007 03:23:26 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

I. LOVE. SILENT HILL.

And Metal Gear Solid.

And Devil May Cry! Dante is my sex bunny. emot-biggrin

Well, actually, I love the series of those. I can't pick which Silent Hill I like best. Same with the others.

Yaaay, another MGS fan! emot-dance Snake Eater is my favorite. I love how they had plot twists till the very end.
Are you planning to get MGS4 when it comes out? I'd love to play it, but I don't think I could afford getting PS3 (or whatever it was released to, I forgot).

Also, what do you think about Silent Hill Origins?

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Board footer