This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top04-20-2012 06:47:55 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: MOTHER EFFING YAH MINECRAFT THREAD

Texture packs are client-based, not server-based. However, I'm using the Enchanted pack by Steelfeathers (recommended to me by Aine herself!), and a handy link to it is right here. I've slightly modified my copy via image splicing from older versions to accommodate my tastes. If you wanna use it, though, you'll need to mod Minecraft so it supports HD textures. A good patching utility can be found here.

Yes, I did do it in Creative. There are two admins and one owner. Dragon and I are the admins (Aine's the owner, of course), and we have about 23 pages' worth of commands compared to the four or five most people will end up with. Among other things, I can switch freely between Survival and Creative without outside mods. I can also create "areas" of game world and play with their personal settings. You'll soon find that anybody not authorized won't be able to do much in the way of structural vandalism; these same settings allow me to screen the spawning of certain mobs but not others.

And if you think Kurast is a breathtaking achievement, you should go see Dragon Keep, a castle complex adapted from an untouched mountain by Dragon. What that boy did with his time makes me look like an absolute noob!

As far as the Tower? It's designed to be a challenge, with a puzzle on each of its four floors, and the first puzzle is getting inside. school-devil Like I've stated, if you can find a way to mine through the top of the Tower and out again with the goods, you've earned them. cool

(Aine, if you're listening, it appears that you can't earn skill points from mcMMO while in Creative. You may wish to let Dragon know, if he cares about that sort of thing.)

Last edited by BioKraze (04-20-2012 07:12:53 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#102 | Back to Top04-21-2012 02:17:47 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Steelfeather's Enchanted was the pack that made me decide to go to using HD texture packs. I still love it, but I wanted a more complete texture pack for a while. I can't use the default texture pack anymore. The graininess of the textures makes my eyes hurt.

I'll have to clean up Dragon Keep before the server goes live... I was a complete and total ass and felt like pranking Dragon. However this prank came in the form of... well, I'll just let you look, Bio. It makes the mooshrooms in your tower incredibly tame by comparison.

Being unable to earn mcMMO points in Creative sounds like a good thing, to be honest. But I will tell him. It is a good thing to know, too.

Also, regarding the server, I'm hoping to have it open to all of you as of sometime next week. To help with some of the confusion, the server has been running in an official capacity for ... a week? Two? while we tested and debugged the mods as best we could. There may be some yet unforseen bugs because of our differences in play styles, but hopefully they won't be too bad. At the same time, we also set about building things, like Bio's Kurast and Dragon's Dragon Keep... and me doing the spawn city. That's how we've been able to build things that will be on the server.

Anyway, everything should be in a functional and well-designed capacity very soon. I have one more shop to finish, Mikage's shop, which is a bit hidden and Easter Egg-y, and was also mostly built by Dragon. There's a couple other things I need to do, but just about everything else, like my own personal build project, can wait until after the server is released to everyone.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#103 | Back to Top04-21-2012 04:16:03 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Wow emot-smile  In my imagination, we were all just going to be dropped off at some spawn point in the middle of uncharted wilderness; instead we will have whole cities to explore!  I can't wait emot-biggrin

#104 | Back to Top04-21-2012 04:32:43 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I saw the prank earlier today, mainly because I like taking my aggression out on the hostiles around Dragon Keep. I'll say this, though, Aine: if we need to throw birthdays for all the forumites, we won't be lacking in treats. emot-rofl

EDIT: Oh, oh oh oh! I know not the Dueling Arena, but will splash potions be allowed in other PvP venues?

Last edited by BioKraze (04-21-2012 04:34:54 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#105 | Back to Top04-21-2012 10:19:18 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Spawn's not fully a city, but I'd like it to be eventually. Kurast & Dragon's Keep, those are definitely things to explore. I hope my build, when I get the time for it, will be an attractive citylike thing, too.

Dragon apparently saw it and wants to leave it! So the rest of you may get to see it as well. I do warn you guys, I am a prankster. Dragon is too. You may sign on some day to find your bedroom full of small slimes. Or chickens. Or I might do something I have yet to think of. I generally attempt to do pranks of a humorous & non-destructive nature. (even if I do want to fill your build with water). I kind of imagined this would be something that was not frowned upon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, Bio mentioning splash potions & pvp reminded me... I could not figure out an opt-in/opt-out system for pvp. I left it on, simply because, with the exception of me randomly mass-murdering my boyfriend, I believe we are all relatively mature individuals who will listen if people say to stop, and killing people garners no rewards anyway, so deciding to pvp is pretty useless except for the annoyance factor.

As for your question, Bio, it would not be allowed in the Dueling arena, but all other arena games, like mob & basic pvp & king of the ladder, I imagine they could be used.

#106 | Back to Top04-21-2012 10:33:12 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Aine Silveria wrote:

I do warn you guys, I am a prankster. Dragon is too. You may sign on some day to find your bedroom full of small slimes. Or chickens. Or I might do something I have yet to think of. I generally attempt to do pranks of a humorous & non-destructive nature. (even if I do want to fill your build with water). I kind of imagined this would be something that was not frowned upon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That doesn't bother me, I don't think, as long as it's not something that's going to take me forever to clean up -- bearing in mind that I'll be in Survival mode and do not have enough empty buckets to bail out all that water. emot-smile

And if you prank me, I reserve the right to put a random pressure plate on your doorstep and make you freak out.  emot-biggrin

Last edited by satyreyes (04-21-2012 10:34:12 PM)

#107 | Back to Top04-22-2012 01:53:43 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

satyreyes wrote:

Aine Silveria wrote:

I do warn you guys, I am a prankster. Dragon is too. You may sign on some day to find your bedroom full of small slimes. Or chickens. Or I might do something I have yet to think of. I generally attempt to do pranks of a humorous & non-destructive nature. (even if I do want to fill your build with water). I kind of imagined this would be something that was not frowned upon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That doesn't bother me, I don't think, as long as it's not something that's going to take me forever to clean up -- bearing in mind that I'll be in Survival mode and do not have enough empty buckets to bail out all that water. emot-smile

And if you prank me, I reserve the right to put a random pressure plate on your doorstep and make you freak out.  emot-biggrin

XD I probably would, too.

I figured it was a pretty general rule of thumb... if you do a messy or really complicated prank, offer to clean up after yourself. That was my thought anyway.

#108 | Back to Top04-22-2012 06:16:27 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I cannot wait for this. 

Also, need build Akio's Cathouse and fill it with ocelots.

#109 | Back to Top04-25-2012 08:04:13 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

We have tested it to the extent we can. We cannot think of anything else that needs debugging. Granted, this does not mean you guys won't come up with some weird bugs too, but that's to be understood. We are also still building, but that's to be understood as well.

Welcome to the Sunlit Garden.
IP: 188.165.158.166:25565

If you have not previously PM'ed me your MC account name, an admin of some flavor will have to take you through the admissions test to become a Student.

If at any point you do not understand how to do something or if you come up with a bug, or even you just need help of any flavor, let a Councilor or the Chairman know.

Hope to see you on soon.

#110 | Back to Top04-26-2012 02:04:13 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

You know you guys want to join.

We've singing Little Mermaid parodies.

Do it.

#111 | Back to Top04-26-2012 03:32:17 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I screwed up and went to "but who cares, no big deal" one line too early.  I forgot about the thingamabobs / lapis lazuli.  emot-redface

I want mooooooore.

#112 | Back to Top04-26-2012 03:51:19 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

It's been great fun so far! Even if I didn't know what song was being parodied.

Aine and Bio, thank you so much for doing all this. etc-love

(Let's try not staying up until seven in the morning most of the time though, ok?)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#113 | Back to Top04-27-2012 01:36:11 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Can you put that the server is now live on the IRG message banner thingamajig, Sat?   I'd love to get more IRGers farting around on there.

Also, are we allowed to invite non-vIRGens?  I have two people in mind; a male coworker who wants to join, and a male friend of mine.  I can give them the rundown on what IRG is and what kind of behavior is expected (no excessive vulgarity, spamming the chatbox with cursing and whatnot, no shaming of any kind, etc).

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (04-27-2012 01:36:34 PM)

#114 | Back to Top04-27-2012 02:15:12 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

On the non-forum member thing, I personally don't care either way. Back when Dragon and I were kicking around the idea of a server privately because we were getting a bit tired of the server we were on and wanted the POWER AND CONTROL MWAHAHA- *ahem* wanted more flexibility and all, I had envisioned it as a public server. Then you guys came along and fulfilled my desire to be able to have a server as well as make people happy with it, and seemed to want a bit more of a closed server. I was cool with that too. As the server sits now, it's pretty much semi-private whitelisted with the ability to see if you like the server and the people. If you guys want to open it through the power of friend referrals, that's fine. My main desire is that the server not die for a goodly amount of time. Anything that fulfills that desire is fine by me, but I wouldn't mind hearing the rest of the members' opinions on it as well. I'm admin, which means I might get a heavier vote than most of you, but I do not want to do something that makes most of the people unhappy.

#115 | Back to Top04-27-2012 02:48:49 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Can you put that the server is now live on the IRG message banner thingamajig, Sat?   I'd love to get more IRGers farting around on there.

Obvious great idea is obvious.  Done.  Hopefully we can get the player/admin ratio above 1:1. emot-smile

I'm ambivalent about inviting nonmembers, but I trust the judgment of everyone involved implicitly.

#116 | Back to Top04-27-2012 03:36:35 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I tried logging in, manged to the server welcome message, and then got disconnected. Minecraft gave me the following error message: Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

So do I just have bad internet or are their other problems at work?

#117 | Back to Top04-27-2012 03:40:25 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I get that message occasionally myself, and usually just relog and am fine. Has this been a persistent issue?

#118 | Back to Top04-27-2012 03:44:45 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I got it twice in quick succession yesterday (I think). Will try again later then.

#119 | Back to Top04-27-2012 03:52:15 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Alright. Keep us updated. If it persists, I'll look into seeing if it's something on the server's end.

#120 | Back to Top04-28-2012 03:44:32 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Okay, now. When I was building Kurast, I included an admin-operated enchantment shop; if you've already warped there to see the big fuss, you may have seen it. This shop will, for a suitable fixed fee of many, many Rosettes, allow you to get the enchantments of your choice on a piece of armor or a weapon you provide to the admin. However, there are only three levels of enchantment you can get from this shop; the level 1, 2 and max level enchantments for a given type. The prices are deliberately prohibitive, because with PvP enabled just about everywhere except spawn city and Kurast (maybe others, I donno), we admins can't afford to have everybody whacking everybody else with overpowered gear. After all, that's our job, isn't it? (Isn't it? emot-tongue )

So. Anyway. Here is a list of all the prices, in Rosettes, of every enchantment type, what kind of gear it's for and how high the game naturally allows you to have an enchantment. I don't know about Aine or Dragon, and I don't know if the command we use caps it automatically, but I won't be selling enchantments that break the game's natural caps. Be warned that for successive enchantments on an item, there's a compound tax. For one enchantment, you pay no taxes. For two, you pay an additional 1,000 Rosettes; for three, you pay a total tax of 3,000 and for four, a max of 6,000. Admins will NOT be selling five enchantments or more on the same gear, no matter how much you bribe them. Even for a notorious modder of saveflles like myself, that's just going too far. :/

Keep in mind, the first number is in Rosettes for a level 1 enchantment, the second number is for level 2 and the third is for a max-level enchantment. Please don't ask about other levels right now; I'm working on the conversion rate, such as it is, for those. emot-wink

=== Sword Enchantments ===
*Sharpness -- Increases damage against all foes [max level 5]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000
*Smite -- Increases damage against undead foes [max level 6]
  2,000 + 1,000 --> 60,000
*Bane of Arthropods --> Increases damage against insects [max level 5]
  2,000 + 1,000 --> 60,000
Fire Aspect -- Allows weapons to set foes on fire [max level 2]
  4,500 + 0 --> 30,000
Knockback -- Increases knockback distance on hit [max level 2]
  6,000 + 0 --> 60,000
Looting -- Increases quantity of mob drops on kill [max level 3]
  4,000 + 2,000 --> 120,000
*Sharpness, Smite and Bane of Arthropods are mutually exclusive enchantments.

=== Armor Enchantments ===
*Protection -- Decreases damage from all sources [max level 4]
  4,000 + 2,000 --> 120,000
*Fire Protection -- Decreases damage from fire [max level 4]
  2,000 + 1,000 --> 60,000
*Blast Protection -- Decreases damage from explosions [max level 4]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000
*Projectile Protection -- Decreases damage from projectiles [max leevl 4]
  2,000 + 1,000 --> 60,000
Feather Falling -- Decreases damage from falling (Boots only) [max level 4]
  1,000 + 500 --> 30,000
Respiration -- Decreases oxygen meter depletion and drowning rate (Helmet only) [max level 3]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000
Aqua Affinity -- Increases underwater mining rate [max level 1]
  5,000 + 0 --> 0
*Protection, Fire Protection, Blast Protection and Projectile Protection are mutually exclusive enchantments.

=== Tool Enchantments ===
Efficiency -- Increases speed of mining [max level 5]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000
Silk Touch -- Obtains blocks directly [max level 1]
  4,000 + 0 --> 0
Unbreaking -- Reduces rate of tool depletion [max level 3]
  6,000 + 3,000 --> 180,000
Fortune -- Increases drop rate of certain blocks [max level 3]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000

=== Bow Enchantments ===
Power -- Increases damage of arrows [max level 5]
  3,000 + 1,500 --> 90,000
Punch -- Increases knockback distance of arrows on hit [max level 2]
  2,000 + 0 --> 60,000
Flame -- Arrows set foes on fire with hit [max level 1]
  1,500 + 0 --> 0
Infinity -- Limitless arrows with only one arrow in inventory [max level 1]
  6,000 + 0 --> 0

#121 | Back to Top04-28-2012 04:51:34 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

None of the items listed can even have five simultaneous enchantments anyway. Four is the max any can have, simply because of all the enchants that knock out other possibilities.

Oh, and Silk Touch and Fortune are mutually exclusive as well, I think.

I'm looking into being able to break the natural level cap, simply because Knockback X is hysterical, but I would not sell past what can naturally be gained. I want to find a way to enchant things that are not normally enchantable, like one can in the SPC mod, but I probably wouldn't sell those as well IF I can find a way to do it.

#122 | Back to Top04-30-2012 03:57:21 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

The KING OF ALL DUCKS and I broke into The Tower of Zakarum and managed to ascend to the top floor!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/2012-04-29_21smaller.png

Unfortunately, this is as close to the treasure as we could get. The magical seal on the teasure chest would not be broken despite our best efforts.

Supposedly the password is "Two words, one line" and is what Bio received his forum title for. As we all know, satyr dubbed him the Faceless Master in recognition of his long running RP "The Faceless Masses." Unfortunately Faceless Masses did not unlock the chest. Nor any variation of punctuation we attempted. Shinobi Dreams did not work, neither did Story Keeper nor Masanori Kojima.

Ultimately we left empty handed, after OITL had banged her head against the wall and then moved in.

#123 | Back to Top04-30-2012 04:04:21 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

How did you two get into the tower?  Are you Kurast citizens?

#124 | Back to Top04-30-2012 06:04:19 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Nope, we're just out of town would-be tower thieves. First I scaled the roof, then OITL managed to slip through the door at ground level. Relatedly, did you know throwing an Ender Pearl will teleport you to the place where it lands?

#125 | Back to Top04-30-2012 07:36:03 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Really, we all sort of played a part.  I remembered Sat trying to throw items inside (thinking there may have been a hidden pressure plate) and then I connected that with Ragnarok's ender pearls (he had thrown one to get access to the roof).  It kinda took me longer than it should have, honestly.  >.>

ALSO BIO'S PASSWORD WHAT IS EEEEEEEEEEEET.  I even tried stuff like, "SKU RolePlay"  "Changing Avatar" and stuff.

Board footer