This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-20-2012 04:52:26 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

The Filmography of Harmony Korine

Anyone else a fan of this guy?
I've only seen Gummo and Ken Park, but I want to see Kids and I'll definitely see Spring Breakers when it gets released.
Also, his resemblance to Rory from Doctor Who is uncanny.

#2 | Back to Top09-20-2012 05:47:39 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: The Filmography of Harmony Korine

Kids is a good, hungry film. Gummo's got good bits and is worth seeing. I'm down for Spring Breakers. Beyond that...

He's very into this racebaiting edginess and the hur hurrr version of sexual frankness that just does nothing but stall me out.

I don't see the point of the Dogme 95 school.

I haven't seen any growth in his work, which isn't bad, per se, but a little disappointing.

http://www.harmony-korine.com/gifs/filmography/img/carmen_korine.jpg

Yay! You've done up a seven year old in blackface and photographed them. You're a rebel. You're real. You're... dressing up a seven year old kid in blackface and posing them in a photograph.

I do wonder, though, if you even need to make a movie with Johnny Depp as Kato Kaelin, and yourself playing a makeup heavy OJ Simpson, or if you just need a few production stills, some press releases, and a wikipedia entry saying you did.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#3 | Back to Top09-20-2012 06:05:13 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Re: The Filmography of Harmony Korine

His big problem is that he doesn't seem to get that films can have meaning and be more than a bunch of funny-looking pictures moving around.
Also: he thought it would be cool to set a movie in Xenia, Ohio, but it's actually a pleasant, functional city, so instead he filmed in the deep south and said it was Xenia.

Board footer