This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-18-2013 09:18:45 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

[GAME] What Would Your OC Do?

BioKraze presents: What Would Your OC Do? (WWYCD)

This is a game I found on another site, and in the interest of raising NaNoWriMo cheer we're going to play it here as well! The rules are normally very simple, but I have a few twists, as I always do. >>;;;

The premise is thus:
I will generate the first scenario, and the next poster must first answer the question with one of their OCs: what would they do in the scenario? That poster then comes up with the next scenario, and the next poster answers the scenario. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary. In the interest of fairness, you may not answer your own scenarios.

However! Because I know a few of us writer-types have multiple OCs, I'm bringing in a few new rules!

• You are allowed a total of three OCs to choose from, one of which is allowed to be a blatant Mary-Sue or approaching Sue-hood.
• The Sue may not be used to answer more than one scenario per six posted. I admit to having no way to enforce this outside of the forum's "obey topic rules" ordinance.
• In your initial post, before you answer a scenario, please give a quick debrief of each OC you choose, and if one is a Mary-Sue, please mark them as such.
• When answering a scenario, identify somehow which of your OCs will be answering.
• You are NOT allowed to use your real-life self or your Internet persona to answer any scenario. If an OC happens to approach situations very similarly to the way you would, that's fine. This is primarily to prevent inter-vIRGin drama; we don't need folks being suspended or banned from this!
• If there are any further questions, feel free to address me with them in a PM. If it's a notable question, I will update this first post as necessary.

This first post will remain free of my own characters; my second post will be my introduction thread for my OCs. In the interest of impartiality, I have sought a first scenario from satyreyes, who has kindly obliged us. Thank you, sat!

The Scenario: One night, while vacationing in Inverness, you hear a live radio broadcast reporting that the Loch Ness monster has emerged from the lake. It has eaten a nearby lighthouse whole and is said to be rampaging through the nearby village of Whitebridge. The reporter can't describe the monster, because everyone who has looked at it has gone blind, left with only the fleeting impression of terrible dark wings. You check Twitter and everyone says it's a hoax, like the War of the Worlds broadcast, only no one seems willing to actually go down to Loch Ness to check. It's a ten-mile drive from Inverness. What now?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2 | Back to Top11-18-2013 09:21:28 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [GAME] What Would Your OC Do?

Since I'll be playing, too, these are my three chosen NPCs.

OC #1: Alexia Magnus Blumstein ("Dhampiresa Goremonger")
OC Description: 19-year old female Dhampir (technical term Dhampiresa), working under the auspices of an international network of vampire hunters (year 2007 AD). Tends to be pragmatic about her decisions, though has demonstrated idealism and being too trusting on multiple occasions. Enjoys bantering about vampire genre-fiction with her opponents. Preferred weapons are a consecrated silver dagger and a 17-round handgun powered by consecrated .9mm silver bullets. One round in each magazine randomly carries a special enchantment, designed to kill any vampire or demonic lifeform capable of creating vampires, instantly and permanently.

OC #2: Charon Smith (Akrei Mubandak, "Angel Slayer Experiment") [Chosen as Mary-Sue]
OC Description: Alien super-soldier experiment, using a Chryssalid (XCom 1994) as the base. Betrayed his creators, slaughtered the team that brought him to Earth on a terrorist operation. Carapace replaced with "Alien alloy" shell, naturally psionic/psychic but incapable of using powers in practice. Prefers brutal close-combat assaults with his massive crablike pincers over the bone-chilling hallmark of his species. Tends to be an incorrigible wiseass. Will not harm any human under any circumstances, though is willing to terrify them into craven submission if they pick a fight with him.

OC #3: Stephanie Dalton Ashcroft ("Transient Witch")
OC Description: Ancient sorceress who wanders the world on an unspecified agenda, which may or may not culminate in challenging the unrestrained might of an entire fantasy pantheon. Specializes in artifact-crafting, famous for breeding arcane beasts too willful and/or too powerful to be controlled by their creator. Ofen seeks capable adventurers or heroes to help defeat her uncontrollable creations, and often rewards them with unduly-powerful magical baubles and trinkets for their success. Easy to get along with, but capable of swiftly defeating those who attempt to abuse her good nature.

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#3 | Back to Top11-18-2013 09:34:12 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(Triple post, yes. This all wouldn't format well in only two posts. emot-redface )

For satyr's contribution, I'm picking...hmm. Of the three, Alexia seems most likely to actually be in Inverness, so she gets chosen today.

She'd likely be intrigued enough to at least scout out the situation, but she's not an idiot. Scouting it out to confirm would likely be the only thing she did, and wouldn't go anywhere near the lake. Speak with townsfolk in Inverness first, head to the lake first, speak with people there. If everybody's story correlated, she'd then go to Whitebridge...with a hand on her gun at all times. Only if the monster sought her out first would she be actually engage it. Blindness, yes, probably. Wouldn't deter her; she'd figure out a way to compensate, come Hell or high water.

New Scenario: On a pleasant summer night in downtown San Diego, mysterious lights flash and zoom across the sky. At precisely 7:12pm Pacific Standard Time, a number of metallic things fall from the sky, slamming to the ground heedless of whatever's in their path. Minutes later, all activity in the area ceases. Attempts to contact local officials or law-enforcement go unanswered. Local news and radio claim an alien invasion; others claim terrorist action. Your OC is in the nearby mall complex of Fashion Valley, drinking coffee when you hear the news. It's at most a ten-minute drive on the 163 freeway. What now?

#4 | Back to Top11-20-2013 08:07:17 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hokay. My three OC's are:

Nicolas LaCroix: This is my Sue. He's basically the (sort-of) human embodiment of death; he's the reason we die instead of living forever. He looks like he's in his forties, just a touch of grey at his temples, but he's been around a long, long time, has seen everything, and hides the pain of constantly losing the ones he loves due to his own existence under a veneer of lazy charm and sardonic humor. He has enough control over his auspice that he can make someone die just by wanting it.

Bridget Byrne: A 23 year old girl living in a crumbling, almost-dead New York City. She's sullen and angry on the surface, but it's really just because she doesn't know how to be nice to people without feeling like she's making herself too vulnerable. She ran away from her super-religious, emotionally neglectful parents when she was 16 because they tried to arrange a marriage that she didn't want, and lived homeless in NYC for two years before she met her best friend, Alex. She would do anything for Alex. Anything at all.

Zain Ryan: A 55-ish man in the body of a 27 year old. Corporate tycoon. He owns most of Vancouver and has kept it relatively safe from the decay that's happening in the rest of the world. He's the embodiment of the protective and conquering aspects of war, but he doesn't know it for sure. All he knows is that he stopped aging sometime in his late 20's and it's put his position as the head of a multi-conglomerate of companies in danger. He works from his home, only by video-conference, using a graphics program to age his image. When he goes out in public, he goes by his middle name, Kareem, and he pretends to be a nephew of his actual self. He's curious but wary, and used to getting his own way.

BioKraze wrote:

New Scenario: On a pleasant summer night in downtown San Diego, mysterious lights flash and zoom across the sky. At precisely 7:12pm Pacific Standard Time, a number of metallic things fall from the sky, slamming to the ground heedless of whatever's in their path. Minutes later, all activity in the area ceases. Attempts to contact local officials or law-enforcement go unanswered. Local news and radio claim an alien invasion; others claim terrorist action. Your OC is in the nearby mall complex of Fashion Valley, drinking coffee when you hear the news. It's at most a ten-minute drive on the 163 freeway. What now?

Zain is the one most likely to engage with this situation in any interesting way. Bridget would stay away, and Nicolas would just walk right in to see what was going on, then leave after taking whatever action he saw fit.

Zain would gather as much information from the news as he could and attempt to determine how close he was able to get to the  sphere of influence of the metallic things. Very cautiously, he would push the boundary, using a handheld radio to check whether he was still able to receive communication from the outside. Once he was able, he'd investigate for people, checking houses and such to see if anyone was home, or all right.

He does have some inkling that he can withstand things others can't, so he would relay his information back to one of his subordinates (as Kareem, of course) to be passed on to the authorities. He doesn't have much influence in California, but he would be able to pull a few strings and get his information to the army (who would no doubt be deployed in a case like this), in order to advise them of the boundary of the metallic things' influence without revealing himself as a source.

In the meantime, he would explore, making sure that people were safe. Once he had satisfied himself as to their safety, he would approach the metallic things themselves and try to reason out what they were and why they were there. Satellite imagery should have been able to show whether there were creatures coming from them; he would have studied that closely before going in. And if it truly was aliens, he would observe their actions to see if they were peaceful or warlike before taking any action. He wouldn't attack them; he's not stupid. But if they meant to kill, Zain would rally the survivors, find weaponry and armor, and enter the war en masse. It's what he's best at. emot-keke

New Scenario:

Your OC wakes up with a throbbing headache, the remnants of ropes lying on the beach around them. No weapons, no food, just clothes and shoes. The jungle crowds up to the edge of the beach, a clump of palms nearby holding clutches of ripe coconuts. Strange sounds emanate from within, roars that couldn't possibly belong to regular animals. They sound pretty dangerous. A tall silver tower rises from a peak, the highest point you can see on the island, seeming to supervise the rest. Obviously, someone has kidnapped your OC, but who, and why, and what does your OC do next?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer