This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-22-2006 07:35:54 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Anime is 20% off on deepdiscountdvd.com! Free shipping, too!

I figure anime fans like anime sales! Right now you can get 20% off and (as always) free shipping from deepdiscountdvd.com with this code: DD1123. I just got this in my inbox, so I figured I'd share. I don't know how long it'll work or how many times. I'm myself far too broke to be buying anime, but I bet some of you guys aren't so bad off. emot-wink

Enjoy!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top11-28-2006 07:40:48 AM

littleRita
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Anime is 20% off on deepdiscountdvd.com! Free shipping, too!

I love you so much for mentioning that site. They have a boxed set I've been agonizing over for almost half of retail price!  Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

#3 | Back to Top11-28-2006 09:56:49 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

No problem! I like saving people money. I'm the Scottrade of anime. cool (Except I mean it.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top11-28-2006 11:55:35 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

I, too made a purchase, due your note. DeepDiscount is a little tricky place, considering that you can get your stuff in two weeks or two months with no guarantee of the actual time, but they're pretty damn cheap, so if you're not in a hurry, it's propably the best place online.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#5 | Back to Top11-28-2006 01:06:43 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I've only ordered from them a couple times but I got my stuff within a week both times. I tend to stick with Amazon since even with the free shipping I almost always get my stuff within four days. cool

#6 | Back to Top11-28-2006 01:50:16 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Giovanna wrote:

I've only ordered from them a couple times but I got my stuff within a week both times. I tend to stick with Amazon since even with the free shipping I almost always get my stuff within four days. cool

Well, living in Europe I never get that free shipping from American establishments. I've only made a couple of orders from DeepDiscount, as well. In the first time, I indeed had to wait for two months for the DVD to show up and according to my countrymen who frequent the place, that happens occasionally. My second order with them came in about two weeks, so it seems to depend solely on luck.
Amazon.com usually delivers to me in two weeks, while Amazon.co.uk delivers in 2-5 days. Alas, when I order from outside EU, I have to keep the order sum under 40€ or get the customs and tax added to the costs, along with an annoying trip to the customs office.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#7 | Back to Top11-28-2006 02:44:04 PM

littleRita
Wakaba Wrangler

Lightice wrote:

My second order with them came in about two weeks, so it seems to depend solely on luck.

A really big factor is what post offices an item goes through. I was part of a rental club and if I had things mailed to my college mailbox instead of my parent's adress it took up to a week longer. You would think that a large city would have an efficient postal system. emot-confused

#8 | Back to Top11-28-2006 03:51:06 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

DDD sends by MediaMail, which means pretty much that you get it when the Postal Service feels like delivering it to your doorstep. emot-rolleyes

I just had two packages ship from them on the same day.  I got one yesterday, and I'm still waiting on the second.

But as already mentioned... for the price, as long as I get it in less than a month, I'm totally ok with it!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#9 | Back to Top11-29-2006 03:01:59 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

I used it too! I'm a dork, I bought the first season of Wedding Peach emot-biggrin I feel that I'm gonna need some nice, brainless anime after finals, after all.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#10 | Back to Top12-01-2006 11:42:16 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Christ! Now they're doing a buy 1 get 1 free on all FOX DVD sets. I know a lot of you kids are into that Buffy and Angel and all that stuff, so you may wanna hit that...

Usually their sales suck, I dunno though they're kicking ass lately.

Board footer