This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-09-2012 06:14:13 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Plot hole I just realized

So, in Nanami's Akio car episode she says that she wants to move out of Akio's place to Miki and he says he'd like to live there in her place. This is AFTER Miki's episode, where he finds out exactly what kind of man the Chairman is.
Either this is a glaring continuity error, or Miki is just perverted.

#2 | Back to Top12-09-2012 06:26:45 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Re: Plot hole I just realized

Miki finds out that Akio is Ends of the World, but I don't think he has any idea what actually goes on in that tower.

He's also mostly excited by the prospect of living that close to Anthy; in the short time he's considering that and what it would take to arrange things, he probably hasn't focused on the other people he'd be sharing the space with.

As an in-show fanwank explanation, anyway. More meta-ly, I'm inclined to write it off for the sake of humor.

(Or maybe Miki really is that perverted, Akio knows how to turn heads.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#3 | Back to Top12-09-2012 06:32:19 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Actually, I'm willing to bet Miki's memory of his car ride is a little sketchy, if you know what I mean. And by that I mean his subconscious blocked out certain bits to preserve his sanity, if not the whole experience (save for the vision which drove him to duel again, of course.)

This is something I'd think is actually true for all the duelists who rode in the car. Saionji, Juri, and Nanami herself would each have their own answer to give you about it if you asked, but they'd likely all be equally vague in content.

Or something like that. It's merely a theory :p

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#4 | Back to Top12-09-2012 07:21:14 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Atropos wrote:

So, in Nanami's Akio car episode she says that she wants to move out of Akio's place to Miki and he says he'd like to live there in her place. This is AFTER Miki's episode, where he finds out exactly what kind of man the Chairman is.
Either this is a glaring continuity error, or Miki is just perverted.

I think it is safe to say that the entire Student Council, be they "sweet-mannered" like Miki, or "vicious" like Saionji, are all self-centered individuals who don't tend to think very far beyond their own interest throughout much of the show (with poss. exception of Juri's unexplained borrowing of sword to Utena), at least not up till Ep 37's friendship-confirming game of squash.  I see Miki's mind automatically going the "Ooooh-Anthy" route instead of the "Nanami in danger" route in that scene as part of his canon character reaction.

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Board footer