This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top04-27-2007 11:06:25 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Reimagining SKU in Different Settings (game geekery)

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Well I don't know how well it would work...

Actually looking at that again, I'd peg Nanami as Unseelie rather than Seelie, just because she's so petty. Unless of course I'm not recalling correctly and White Wolf has actually defined the Seelie Court as the "good guys" and the Unseelie Court as the "bad guys."

I was really split on that one. I finally put her in as Seelie just because I couldn't see her as truly malicious.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#27 | Back to Top04-27-2007 04:32:19 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Yasha wrote:

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Well I don't know how well it would work...

Actually looking at that again, I'd peg Nanami as Unseelie rather than Seelie, just because she's so petty. Unless of course I'm not recalling correctly and White Wolf has actually defined the Seelie Court as the "good guys" and the Unseelie Court as the "bad guys."

I was really split on that one. I finally put her in as Seelie just because I couldn't see her as truly malicious.

Drowned kitty notwithstanding?  That's downright charitable of you. poptart

This is kind of stupid, but here's mine:  Call of SKthulhU

Utena: investigator/Cthulhu menu item
Anthy: Nyarlathotep
Seitokai:
   Saionji:  would-be cultist/Cthulhu menu item
   Miki:  investigator/Yog-Sotot menu item
   Juri: investigator
   Nanami: cultist/Cthulhu menu item
   Touga: cultist/Cthulhu menu item
   Ruka: investigator/Cthulhu menu item
Black Rose Circle/Cult:
   Kanae: Cthulhu menu item
   Kozue: Yog-Sotot
   Shiori: Cthulhu menu item
   Mitsuru: sacrificial virgin
   Wakaba: Most likely to go insane first
   Keiko: cultist/shoggoth host
Mikage: Shub-Niggurath  (Ia!)
Mamiya: Nyarlathotep
Akio: Dread Cthulhu the Devourer

Not sure about the actual story, not that it matters much.  Probably a sort of Skooby Doo gone horribly wrong.

emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#28 | Back to Top07-16-2007 10:08:45 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

A bit silly and utterly delightful, Stormcrow. And inspired by Razara's comment over on the "Reasons for being happy" thread, the Harry Potter houses.

Utena: Gryffindor
Anthy: Nobody really knows.
Seitokai:
   Saionji: Gryffindor
   Miki: Ravenclaw
   Juri: Ravenclaw
   Nanami: Slytherin
   Touga: Slytherin
   Ruka: Gryffindor
Black Rose Circle:
   Kanae: Hufflepuff
   Kozue: Slytherin
   Shiori: Slytherin
   Mitsuru: Gryffindor
   Wakaba: Hufflepuff
   Keiko: Slytherin
Mikage: Ravenclaw
Mamiya: Ghost
Akio: Headmaster!

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#29 | Back to Top07-17-2007 08:25:04 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I have to say Shattered, Saionji reminds me too much of Snape to be anything but Slytherin. Also, I don't see Shiori as truly lusting for power the way a Slytherin should, I'd probably put her in...don't know. Hufflepuff? She has her issues, but seems true-hearted at the end. The rest seem right, though. I'm trying to think of other good settings for SKU, but I still haven't quite woken up yet. Middle-Earth maybe?

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#30 | Back to Top07-17-2007 10:42:30 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Middle-Earth maybe?

Utena: Dunedain
Touga: Gondorian noble
Saionji: Rohirrim
Juri: Sindar Elf (from Mirkwood)
Miki: Half-Elf (from Rivendell)
Nanami: Gondorian noble
Kozue: Half-Elf (from Rivendell)
Shiori:  Dalefolk
Kanae:  Gondorian noble
Wakaba: Hobbit
Tsuwabuki: Hobbit
Keiko: Gondorian
Yuuko: Gondorian
Aiko: Gondorian
Ruka: Sindar Elf (from Lothlorien)
Mikage: Gondorian noble

Anthy: Maiar
Akio: fallen Maiar

Last edited by tohubohu (07-17-2007 10:42:50 AM)

#31 | Back to Top07-17-2007 12:18:16 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

You've got a point about Saionji, especially with the Snape comparison, but I put him in Gryffindor because I always saw Slytherin as being a bit more subtle than he's capable of being and Gryffindor as more RAWR over-the-top. I kept going back and forth between Hufflepuff and Slytherin for Shiori but I settled on Slytherin because while she's not after power per se she is after popularity which is about as close as any normal high schooler can get.

Also, Slytherin is totally my house. XD

#32 | Back to Top07-17-2007 01:45:59 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

You've got a point about Saionji, especially with the Snape comparison, but I put him in Gryffindor because I always saw Slytherin as being a bit more subtle than he's capable of being and Gryffindor as more RAWR over-the-top. I kept going back and forth between Hufflepuff and Slytherin for Shiori but I settled on Slytherin because while she's not after power per se she is after popularity which is about as close as any normal high schooler can get.

Also, Slytherin is totally my house. XD

Slytherin can be subtle, but not all Slytherins are subtle.  Crabbe and Goyle certainly aren't.  Honestly, I think the house most likely to appreciate subtlety for its own sake is Ravenclaw.  Saionji... I don't know.  He doesn't make me think of Snape, honestly, but I think he belongs in Slytherin anyway.  Slytherin's keyword is "ambition," and Saionji is ambitious.  He could also be a Squib.

I agree that Shiori doesn't belong in Slytherin, because she's NOT ambitious.  I'd put her in Hufflepuff.  Miki and Kozue being Ravenclaw and Slytherin make me uncomfortable; siblings usually, but not always, go in the same house, and honestly, I think they're both reasonable Gryffindor candidates.

#33 | Back to Top07-17-2007 01:52:17 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'd have put them together if it weren't for the Patil twins.

#34 | Back to Top07-17-2007 01:53:00 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

satyreyes wrote:

Miki and Kozue being Ravenclaw and Slytherin make me uncomfortable; siblings usually, but not always, go in the same house, and honestly, I think they're both reasonable Gryffindor candidates.

You're forgetting that there's a set of twins at Hogwarts who are in different houses. I forget their names, but I think that they're the ones that went to the ball with Harry and Ron. One's in Gryffindor, and the other is in Ravenclaw. I wouldn't be surprised if Miki ended up in Ravenclaw, but Kozue ended up in a different house.

As for Shiori, I agree that she would probably be in Hufflepuff. She would probably be jealous of Juri getting into a "better" house than her. Either that, or should we get into another house, and feel as though she doesn't really belong their, like Nevelle.

Edit: Shattered beat me to it.

Last edited by Razara (07-17-2007 01:53:31 PM)

#35 | Back to Top07-17-2007 01:55:49 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Razara wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Miki and Kozue being Ravenclaw and Slytherin make me uncomfortable; siblings usually, but not always, go in the same house, and honestly, I think they're both reasonable Gryffindor candidates.

You're forgetting that there's a set of twins at Hogwarts who are in different houses. I forget their names, but I think that they're the ones that went to the ball with Harry and Ron. One's in Gryffindor, and the other is in Ravenclaw. I wouldn't be surprised if Miki ended up in Ravenclaw, but Kozue ended up in a different house.

As for Shiori, I agree that she would probably be in Hufflepuff. She would probably be jealous of Juri getting into a "better" house than her. Either that, or should we get into another house, and feel as though she doesn't really belong their, like Nevelle.

Edit: Shattered beat me to it.

Parvati Patil is in Gryffindor and Padma Patil is in Ravenclaw. And the "better house" envy... okay, I can't top that. It's both sad and funny because it's true. emot-gonk

#36 | Back to Top07-17-2007 02:03:33 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Honestly, I'd hate to be in Hufflepuff. It just seems like the place you go if you're not smart or brave. I know that there was some other quality they had, but I forget what. It's probably where I'd end up, though.

#37 | Back to Top07-17-2007 02:23:15 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Razara wrote:

Honestly, I'd hate to be in Hufflepuff. It just seems like the place you go if you're not smart or brave. I know that there was some other quality they had, but I forget what. It's probably where I'd end up, though.

Aww. emot-frown I love Hufflepuffs.. but they are a very under-appreciated house, and seemingly untalented. The main traits for Hufflepuffs seem to be kindness, shyness, loyalty .. basically, supporting the big heros, aka the Gryffindors. I think it would suck to not have any Hufflepuffs, because even though it's hard to notice, they would be the ones on the sidelines, helping out. They're basically the 'little guys'.. and most people don't want to be that. (Except me. But I would probably be one of those Hufflepuffs who would try very damn hard to stand up for myself if I was being picked on, despite my shyness.)

As for the SKU characters.. I agree with most of those, Shattered. As for Saionji, I'm not really sure if I'd place him in Gryffindor or Slytherin, either. Not sure about Shiori, either.. she's ordinarily a nice person, but she does try to hurt Juri to get what she wants, which is very un-Hufflepuff. However, I think it wouldn't take much for her to get that out of her system by the end of the series, and I see her as Hufflepuff, too.

Also, I was thinking Juri would be more fitting of a Gryffindor.. she's quiet and reserved, but brave. HOWEVER.. then I remembered that she hid her big secret for years, so nevermind. emot-keke; I don't really see her as the typical book-loving type though, but she is intelligent, talented, and very.. reserved and brooding, which seems to be a Ravenclaw trait.

I also agree with Miki being a Ravanclaw and Kozue being a Slytherin. I can only see Kozue as Slytherin, and Miki definitely isn't one of those. emot-biggrin

Anthy, I would see as a Slytherin, but of course, she wouldn't want people to know that. ^_~

I also see Touga as a Slytherin, although I don't think he would want people to know it either, for his image. He would probably want to appear as a Gryffindor to others. But, that's off-topic, anyway.. the sorting hat doesn't lie.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (07-17-2007 02:28:54 PM)

#38 | Back to Top07-17-2007 02:32:34 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Razara wrote:

Aww. emot-frown I love Hufflepuffs.. but they are a very under-appreciated house, and seemingly untalented. The main traits for Hufflepuffs seem to be kindness, shyness, loyalty .. basically, supporting the big heros, aka the Gryffindors. I think it would suck to not have any Hufflepuffs, because even though it's hard to notice, they would be the ones on the sidelines, helping out. They're basically the 'little guys'.. and most people don't want to be that. (Except me. But I would probably be one of those Hufflepuffs who would try very damn hard to stand up for myself if I was being picked on.)

Which is why if I hadn't read the book two years ago, I'm positive that they would be my favorites.

I really want to say that Juri would be in Gryffindor, since somehow she seems as though she would be. But when I look at her relationship with Shiori, she's kind of acting like a coward. But we can't really take this one mark on her record as enough to keep her out of Gryffindor. She's probably brave, but just sucks at confessing her feelings. Sometimes fear of rejection is more frightening than the Dark Lord, I guess.

#39 | Back to Top07-17-2007 04:14:38 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

My first instinct for Saionji would have been Hufflepuff. emot-rolleyes

Razara wrote:

[Juri]'s probably brave, but just sucks at confessing her feelings. Sometimes fear of rejection is more frightening than the Dark Lord, I guess.

Harry sucks at that too, so it's not the type of quality to keep you from Gryffindor.

Also note that a person's conscious thoughts affect the Sorting Hat's decison, or else Harry would have been put in Slytherin. And characters change, while their houses don't. Perry by book five would probably fit in Slytherin better than Gryffindor, though at that point he's already graduated.

Miki being sorted into Ravenclaw first might well change Kozue's placement, due to the frame of mind she'd be in.

satyreyes wrote:

Honestly, I think the house most likely to appreciate subtlety for its own sake is Ravenclaw.

It makes sense, since this is the house we hear the least about, ever.

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I also see Touga as a Slytherin, although I don't think he would want people to know it either, for his image. He would probably want to appear as a Gryffindor to others. But, that's off-topic, anyway.. the sorting hat doesn't lie.

Even though, from the reader's point of view, Slytherin is the house all evil/negative characters go into, it's not actually viewed as a bad place to be by the magic-using-world's society. Slytherin is home to many rich and successful families, so Touga not getting in would probably make him look worse than the opposite.

(Honestly; for the sake of all mankind, anybody sorted into Slytherin should be stripped of their wands and forbidden from using magic. This would solve ninety percent of all problems.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#40 | Back to Top07-17-2007 04:14:55 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Razara wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

You're forgetting that there's a set of twins at Hogwarts who are in different houses. I forget their names, but I think that they're the ones that went to the ball with Harry and Ron.

I did say "usually;" Parvati and Lavender Patil are, of course, the exception.  But all the Weasleys have been Gryffindors, Harry shares his dad's house, etc.

Razara wrote:

SDF wrote:

I love Hufflepuffs.. but they are a very under-appreciated house, and seemingly untalented. The main traits for Hufflepuffs seem to be kindness, shyness, loyalty .. basically, supporting the big heros, aka the Gryffindors. I think it would suck to not have any Hufflepuffs, because even though it's hard to notice, they would be the ones on the sidelines, helping out. They're basically the 'little guys'.. and most people don't want to be that.

Hufflepuff is also supposed to be hard-working.  I don't really have a good sense of what the "core value" of Hufflepuff is in the way that Slytherin's is ambition.  We know there are some very nasty Hufflepuffs, like the fellow who did the commentary on the first Quidditch match of Book 6, but mostly they just don't get much play.  The only Hufflepuff I can think of offhand who was a major player in the plot was Cedric Diggory, and his job was to die.

Last edited by satyreyes (07-17-2007 04:35:49 PM)

#41 | Back to Top07-17-2007 05:53:56 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Peter Pettigrew was a Gryffindor. Just saying. emot-wink

And Miki wouldn't get sorted before Kozue because the Hat always goes in alphabetical order.

#42 | Back to Top07-17-2007 08:05:42 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

That's why I said ninety percent instead of one hundred. emot-smile

I forgot about the alphabetical order, though. I guess Kozue would have to assume Miki was going to get into a certain house if she wanted to consciously choose a different one. Assuming she'd even have that sort of inclination at the time. But then, I don't have a problem with the Sorting Hat splitting them up to start with, they don't strike me as that similar despite being siblings.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#43 | Back to Top08-12-2007 01:40:39 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Okay, now it's World of Warcrack. Those of you who play, please feel free to step in here, I'm not sure about some of these.

Utena: Human Paladin
Anthy: Draenei Shaman
Seitokai:
   Saionji: Orc Warrior
   Miki: Human Mage
   Juri: Night Elf Warrior
   Nanami: Human Priest
   Touga: Blood Elf Paladin
   Ruka: Night Elf Hunter
Black Rose Circle:
   Kanae: Human Priest
   Kozue: Human Warlock
   Shiori: Blood Elf Mage
   Mitsuru: Dwarf Priest
   Wakaba: Night Elf Priest
   Keiko: Human Rogue
Mikage: Undead Mage
Mamiya: Undead Priest
Akio: Blood Elf Warlock

#44 | Back to Top10-29-2007 05:17:24 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Stormcrow wrote:

Call of SKthulhU

Awesomeness. But, you forgot Chuchu. S/he'll actually be a Shoggoth, of course.

Anthy: "This is my friend, Chuchu."
Chuchu: "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"
Rest of party: *suicides*

#45 | Back to Top11-01-2007 05:21:35 AM

Werekat
Juri Jeerer

Me and a good friend of mine, who are also fans of Changeling, thought long and hard about this one. It was obvious it was Changeling, but not really so wide as to encompass most of the Kith. We unanimously agreed that these weren't just Changelings - these were Sidhe, and the whole saga is an internal Sidhe game. The other Kiths aren't as oriented towards the crazy mix of romance/honor/betrayal that the Sidhe display on a routine basis, and that characterizes the atmosphere of Utena.

So, without further ado - character list.

Utena - Scatach Childling-turning-Wilder, Seelie
Juri - Eiluned Grump, close to Undone, Seelie
Touga - Ailil Grump, close to Undone, switches Legacies over the course of the story. (Actually, it's kind of hard to conclude on his part)
Saionji - Gwydion Wilder, Unseelie
Miki - Fiona Childling, Seelie
Nanami - Ailil Childling-turning-Wilder, Unseelie - just very bad at what she is. :)
Anthy - Lenaan Grump, Unseelie
Wakaba - Gwydion Childling, Seelie
Kozue - Fiona Childling/Wilder (disagree on this one), Unseelie
Shiori - Lenaan Wilder, Unseelie
Mitsuru - Gwydion Childling, Seelie
Ruka - Balor Wilder, awakened Seelie Legacy
Mikage - Eiluned Grump, Unseelie
Mamiya- Lenaan Grump, Unseelie
Akio - Liam Grump, Unseelie, possibly in Bedlam

Canae is just human, and very disturbed by what's up. Tatsuya's also human, but with very low Banality. Out of Keiko, Aiko and Yuuko we see only Keiko - and she hasn't gone through Crysalis yet.

(c) By Fearan and Werekat

Last edited by Werekat (11-01-2007 05:41:40 AM)

"...But magic has a habit of lying low, like a rake in the grass." - T. Pratchett

#46 | Back to Top11-10-2007 12:42:58 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

So I decided to bust out my copy of Neverwinter Nights and roll up some new characters...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/1943168445_7bc18b07d2.jpg?v=0

This was the best I could do with Utena. I made her outfit using only the default toolset stuff. Perhaps the Community Expansion Pack has better options, but I don't feel like downloading a gazillion terabytes to find out.

Oh, and please forgive the cleavage. Just about all clothing and armor worn by females in NWN must show off the goods. emot-rolleyes

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2257/1944010438_728cd5806a.jpg?v=0

Ms. Tenjou is, of course, a Paladin. Too bad there's no Duelist prestige class in this version of the game...

Well, I hope I didn't bore anyone to death by geeking out like this! I plan to do Utena's movie outfit and some other characters later if there's any interest. emot-smile

#47 | Back to Top11-11-2007 02:39:22 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

That is pretty freakin awesome.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#48 | Back to Top11-11-2007 02:44:13 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Dude, that's so many kinds of awesome. Seriously.

#49 | Back to Top11-11-2007 05:16:31 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I'm glad you like 'em! emot-smile

A few more for now...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2158/1943169131_535bee61ff.jpg?v=0
My attempt at movie Utena.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2200/1944011072_f44cfd0e38.jpg?v=0
Anthy had to trade in her huge glasses for gigantic earrings.

My next project is the student council. There are no heads with long hair (for Touga and Saionji), but I'll see what I can come up with.

#50 | Back to Top01-02-2008 05:08:48 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Not quite an RP system, but it deserves to be...

His Dark Materials
The time would be about a few months after Azriel forms the gate and begins building the "Republic of Heaven" and would start about when Lyra's Aleithiometer is stolen during The Subtle Knife. The place would be the world upon which the Republic is built. Anyone from a world where daemons or deaths are known have a daemon or death (usually of the opposite sex) occompanying them... and yes, there are witches in this series! The ones in Lyra's world are extremely long-lived. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Dark_Materials

Utena::???
World/species: Earth/human
Alliegence: Republic

Anthy::Chu-Chu (Pygmy Marmoset)
World/species: Lyra's world/Witch (Unknown clan)
Alliegence: Unknown

Sekotai:
Touga::???
World/Species: Specter World/Human
Alliegence: Unknown-Possibly Authority

Juri::(Death)
World/Species: "Death" World/Human

Saionji::???
World: Spector World/Human

Miki::Natalya (non-permanent form)
W/S: Lyra's World/Human
Alliegence: Formerly Authority, now Republic

Nanami::???
World: Specter/Human

BR:

Wakaba::???
World: "Celestial"/Angel (Middle rank, very young)

Kozue::Ren (Crow)
World: Lyra's World/Human
Alliegence: Authority (Unknown faction)

Kanae::Jules (Swan)
World: Lyra's World

Shiori::(Death)
World: "Death" World/Human

Mitsuru::???
World: Earth/Human

Ruka::???
World:Celestial/Angel (High-level, old)

Mikage::???
World: Celestial/Angel (Mid-level)
Alliegence: Authority

Mamiya::???
World: Unknown/Human?

Akio::Leto (Red-crested Crane)
World: Unknown/Witch

Last edited by Anthiena (02-07-2008 10:27:32 AM)

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Board footer