This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-25-2017 02:56:50 AM

RoseandRelease
Juri Jeerer
Website

New Utena Album!?

There's a new album of what I think is entirely new music by Seazer!! I think it says it's 'based on the world of SKU, so it'd be a bit like the Rose Egg Sophia cd I guess. It seems to have the full version of Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku as well.
http://diskunion.net/jp/ct/detail/1007382027
I wish I could read Japanese (without google translate's help), because I'm still not 100% sure what this is about - the cover is a collaboration with Inu Curry, who did the really interesting collage-y  annimation in Madoka Magica. The page also seems to advertise a bonus CD with the original recordings of Missing Link, Inversion of Me and My Room, and one song that wasn't used in the series.

#2 | Back to Top05-25-2017 06:26:31 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: New Utena Album!?

Yes.  This is definitely Utena-related.  Thanks for sharing!

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#3 | Back to Top05-25-2017 02:36:47 PM

Arale
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

ANN published an article. According to it, it's a dual song collection, but an associated bonus disc actually contains at least one new song! (Plus the full ZUM.) So there's still some new stuff here.

And Inu Curry... this is amazing.

Also lol Utena-as-car reimagined as Utena-as-horse. Actually, car-as-horse sounds like a good way to explain the utena-as-car in the first place.

Last edited by Arale (05-25-2017 02:43:09 PM)

im a shadow play girl irl

#4 | Back to Top05-26-2017 01:52:56 AM

itavin
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Arale wrote:

ANN published an article. According to it, it's a dual song collection, but an associated bonus disc actually contains at least one new song! (Plus the full ZUM.) So there's still some new stuff here.

Also lol Utena-as-car reimagined as Utena-as-horse. Actually, car-as-horse sounds like a good way to explain the utena-as-car in the first place.

Could you post a link? I am having rouble finding the article, which sounds really intresting/

Also AWW YEAH MORE JA-GASAM'S 4 ME

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

#5 | Back to Top05-26-2017 05:21:44 AM

zeedikay

The new song's seems like the biggest highlight music wise, but Inu Curry is one of my favorite art teams working in the field today, and I would love to have a closer look at the cover.

#6 | Back to Top05-26-2017 12:31:57 PM

Arale
Website

itavin wrote:

Arale wrote:

Could you post a link? I am having rouble finding the article, which sounds really intresting/

Also AWW YEAH MORE JA-GASAM'S 4 ME

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes … um/.116563

#7 | Back to Top05-29-2017 02:21:24 PM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper

The writer of that article evidently did enough research to spell Arsenothelis right and I respect that, but--and this is good news--it's actually not a compilation of the duel songs. Diskunion has the full tracklist and all of them are new except for ZUM (please note that some are instrumental tracks). For instance, the title of track 12 is My_real_me_is_scattered (written just like that); that's definitely not a song from the show.
(Oh, and only one of the bonus tracks is new, but they're all the original versions performed by Seazer himself, if I didn't misunderstand--however, they're only available for a limited time, first-come-first-serve).

#8 | Back to Top05-29-2017 03:14:51 PM

Arale
Website

ANN makes way, way too many mistakes to be "the most trusted anime news source" or whatever. They once said that Mamoru Oshii had "more recently" gotten into live-action films even though he's been making them since the 80's.

...anyway, between all-new Utena music, all-new Utena manga... it's a time to be alive.

Last edited by Arale (05-29-2017 03:15:21 PM)

#9 | Back to Top05-30-2017 02:03:33 AM

RoseandRelease
Juri Jeerer
Website

Also, the Banyu Inryoku twitter (I think it was them, might have been diskunion) was talking about how it will be the first original work that Seazer has recorded since SKU OST7 (appart from the v short intro tracks on the live albums I guess).
ANN might have gotten it confused with the previous two Utena cds released, (Watashi Kakumei Phalsaria? I can never spell the title), which were just duel song compilations.

#10 | Back to Top05-31-2017 02:56:52 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

First, that cover is phenomenal. I'd buy a huge poster of that and hang it over my kitchen table.

Second, it looks like DiskUnion is the only source which will include the bonus content, which can be a problem for anyone outside of Japan as they don't ship internationally. At the recommendation of another fan, I placed a request with CDJapan's proxy service a few days ago, and they just emailed me back a confirmation that I would be able to purchase from DiskUnion through them for an extra fee. If you don't mind spending a little extra for the bonus content, your choice of proxy service can help get the version mentioned here!

Edit: Information from this helpful source

Last edited by dollface (06-02-2017 05:37:33 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#11 | Back to Top06-11-2017 09:51:28 PM

zeedikay

I just realized that Utena's a centaur in the cover. The album's been announced for almost a month, and I just noticed it.

#12 | Back to Top06-24-2017 07:34:59 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

Almost 18 years to the day from OST7's release, comes this new album. (And nearly 8 years since my last post, it has caused me to write something in the forum.)  It went straight from the postal service worker's hands into my ear holes.

No doubt due to the presumed success of the duel song CDs released last year, Seazer is back with Utena.  If you like OST7, there is no reason not to get this album.  While there may not be any drills like there are OST7's "Petit Banshou", it definitely feels like a sequel to the previous CD.  If nothing else, you can think of it like a bunch of new duel songs.

And you get to hear "Zettai Unmei" yet again, but this time it's the "Complete Version" emot-rofl

#13 | Back to Top06-28-2017 10:20:41 PM

dollface
Website

http://i.imgur.com/8Jn5uVj.png
http://i.imgur.com/iyns29k.png

It's here! That artwork is just so gorgeous, I can't get over it! But what's important is the music, maaaan-- and that definitely delivers. Mixed with a few eerie-sounding, robotic, industrial bloops and beats there's an unmistakable Utena-ness. I can absolutely imagine many of these tracks as unreleased duel songs.

The second CD is the bonus content, which doesn't come in a full case but just a thin little slipcase, which will make me nervous and I'll end up finding an empty case for it probably, but that's a minor complaint!

#14 | Back to Top06-30-2017 10:35:48 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

That's awesome, dollface! I finally caved and bought a copy from CDJapan, and cannot wait for it to arrive.

Which tracks are your favorites thus far?

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#15 | Back to Top07-04-2017 12:25:45 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Well shit, this looks like it rules. emot-mad OST7 is actually probably my favorite one for actually listening to repeatedly. It has way more mileage than the others.

Why this gotta keep happening when I'm broke...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#16 | Back to Top07-04-2017 12:31:00 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

CRAP. Looks like CDJapan doesn't have the bonus disc one anymore?

Dollface, could you possibly do me a Christ-like favor and rip that as FLACs or something? This is what I get for disappearing. I'm gonna try to get the regular CD but it looks like the bonus disc isn't going to be available at all anymore?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#17 | Back to Top07-04-2017 01:21:33 AM

dollface
Website

DorianGray345 wrote:

That's awesome, dollface! I finally caved and bought a copy from CDJapan, and cannot wait for it to arrive.

Which tracks are your favorites thus far?

I haven't really listened enough for a favorite to be set in stone, but I found the first track ヴィマル宮殿� �生�  摩天楼8823(instrumental) to be bizarrely eerie and it caught my attention-- and no track lost it, really! Immediately following that, the second track � 書目録―天使幻覚《婬鬼論》篇― struck me as much closer to a traditional duel-chorus, but still with an eerie quality to it. Loved that! The sixth track 異邦人� �� �� 歌(エトランジェ� �ララ� イ) will definitely rank highly too; intense but with a less apocalyptic sound than surrounding songs, it sort of breaks up the bombastic tone similarly to Missing Link's use in the show. The bulk of the album really does have a duel-chorus type of feeling to it, but by no means does that mean they're all identical-- I'll just have to dedicate more free time to really comparing and picking favorites. Very indecisive here! I'd love to hear what your impressions are, too!

I do have to give special mention to 修� �生殖・� �り・肉体黙示録 for a silly reason-- the auto-translation has been updated and as of the time of posting reads "Sorrow Reproductive Natural Apocalypse" but when I first looked up the translations, Google hilariously auto-translated it as "Nuns Reproductive Becoming Apocalypse" which is just the best name. emot-rofl On that note, if anyone is able to provide a more accurate translation of the Japanese titles, I would be eternally grateful!

Giovanna wrote:

CRAP. Looks like CDJapan doesn't have the bonus disc one anymore?

Dollface, could you possibly do me a Christ-like favor and rip that as FLACs or something? This is what I get for disappearing. I'm gonna try to get the regular CD but it looks like the bonus disc isn't going to be available at all anymore?

Your wish is my command! Er, well, hopefully it will be-- you'll have to let me know if that works, I had to follow a guide on ripping to FLAC. emot-redface

#18 | Back to Top07-04-2017 07:40:21 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

It worked just fine! emot-dance emot-dance emot-dance

I love the Missing Link one. The strings make it sound so sad!!! I haven't heard it in like ages, I forgot how immediately miserable and depressing it could make you feel. emot-dance

Thank you so so much, hun. I'm not going to try to get it, Celga says even though it doesn't say that site is out, they can't be sure the one I order now will ship with it, since Japan has a habit of filling the orders even after they run out of the limited part--it's not presumed to mean to cancel the order if you order it and they ran out. emot-frown

I'll look around to get the actual CD though, I definitely want a copy. I forgot how expensive this stuff is though! emot-gonk

#19 | Back to Top07-04-2017 08:12:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ordered, bitches. I also grabbed those two remaster CDs that came out last year. I'll get scans and such out to you folks ASAP. emot-biggrin

#20 | Back to Top07-04-2017 08:27:11 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

That's awesome, Gio!

The Seazer remasters are the only Utena cds I have yet to acquire. Are they simply HQ releases of the duel tracks, or remakes a la OST6?

#21 | Back to Top07-04-2017 05:59:30 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm not sure actually. I'm curious what HD sound quality is going to be since I never thought there was anything wrong with the soundtracks. poptart

#22 | Back to Top07-04-2017 08:14:07 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Giovanna wrote:

I'm not sure actually. I'm curious what HD sound quality is going to be since I never thought there was anything wrong with the soundtracks. poptart

Yeah, same here. And my travels through the Internet have yielded nothing useful.

Oh well - I suppose we will just have to wait until you get the CDs. emot-wink

#23 | Back to Top07-04-2017 10:56:07 PM

dollface
Website

Sorry for the delay on this, but if anyone is interested I went ahead and ripped the full 14-track album in FLAC format too!

Here's the .rar download!

#24 | Back to Top07-05-2017 09:03:20 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

DorianGray345 wrote:

Oh well - I suppose we will just have to wait until you get the CDs. emot-wink

I will be scanning the booklets and uh, sharing, so the information available should happily increase. emot-dance

Also dollface you own etc-love

#25 | Back to Top07-06-2017 08:34:59 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Welp, this album fucking owns.

Do we have translations for the song titles or names or anything anywhere?

Board footer