This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-31-2010 12:32:19 PM

tuomastahti
Banned
Website

Journey to Utena, Lithuania

I wasn't sure whether this writing belongs to General Dissection or this section. Since this is about Utena (in a way), I eventually decided to post it here.

A couple of weeks ago I visited all Baltic countries with three of my friends. We saw about eight or nine cities there. Since most of us had seen the Utena TV series, it was a rather obvious decision to visit also the city named Utena in Lithuania. The city has been mentioned at least twice on this forum during the past years, but for those who weren't aware of it, Utena is one of Lithuania's oldest cities and has around 30 000 inhabitants.

It seems like they don't get much visitors; when we went to the local library to get a map of the city, they didn't have one and didn't even know where to get one (except for the Internet, of course). Therefore I was surprised when after our journey I found out that there actually is a tourism information centre in the town emot-rolleyes In overall, it's a nice and quiet little town but nothing more than that.

I had printed a picture from Empty Movement Gallery and took it with me to the trip. When we found a stone monument with the city's name and coat of arms, I asked my friend to take a picture of me holding the Gallery drawing in front of the monument.
Here it is:
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3431/utena2010.jpg

So if you ever travel to Lithuania, make sure to see Utena!

#2 | Back to Top08-31-2010 06:31:16 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Journey to Utena, Lithuania

That is sincerely awesome. emot-rofl

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top08-31-2010 08:49:16 PM

Mai_Kanzaki
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

poptart
And look it even has it's own random sybolism! Is that a star merged into an aunk or colliding into an omega symbol or ... something else?

emot-gonk THINK MUN-KEY!

#4 | Back to Top08-31-2010 10:56:14 PM

tuomastahti
Banned
Website

Mai_Kanzaki wrote:

Is that a star merged into an aunk or colliding into an omega symbol or ... something else?

The omega-looking symbol is actually a horseshoe, although it doesn't look like it on the stone. The other symbol in the coat of arms is a star.

#5 | Back to Top09-02-2010 03:01:00 AM

Saio
Ballgoer

Yea, constructing my shop (see signature) some time ago I've discovered , that search on word ''Utena" founds goods connected to this town in Lithuania emot-smile

http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/1101/bd/e015af0a91a1.png

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!

Board footer