This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top06-02-2015 09:36:35 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Travel Blog

Hi, all!  I'm back again, after a year or so of absence on the forum (I'm super active on other parts of the net however).

In two weeks, I'll be travelling to Seoul, South Korea for a seven week study abroad program and I plan to document the whole thing on my Wordpress at unltdsky.wordpress.com.  I thought I would send the word out here for anyone who might be interested in seeing what's up out there.  I'm really excited for this trip, and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

#2 | Back to Top06-02-2015 09:43:34 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Re: Travel Blog

I'm learning Korean so I'm most definitely interested in this! Sadly, my intonation is absolutely awful and I tend to struggle much more with Korean than with Japanese...kanji included and all.

#3 | Back to Top06-02-2015 10:15:15 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

I've been studying Japanese for seven years so I completely understand where you're coming from.  I find Korean much easier learn with comparison to Japanese, but Japanese is much more interesting to me.  What do you use to study?  I'm pretty lax on my Korean studies, but I like Talk To Me in Korean and How to Study Korean.

#4 | Back to Top06-02-2015 10:32:27 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I find Korean so much harder than Japanese that it's not even funny and ironically enough I started with Korean first when I was around 14. But I put it on hold for the longest of times and only resumed it last year. I was never fluent in it and had forgotten virtually everything apart from how to read and write hangul.

I too am very, very lax with my Korean studies to the point that apart from reviewing actual class material for tests I do no actual studying. Unless you count the many Korean movies I watch but sadly those seem to have imparted very little knowledge.

As of late I've started following a few drama series on KBS world but unfortunately I dislike romance so my choices as a bit limited. I stick to historical series and the occasional criminal investigation ones.

I like both languages equally but those Korean combined vowels and doubled consonants really do a number on me. It does not help that when reading Korean I have a hard time figuring out where each word begins and end so that my reading skills are both slow and painfully awkward.
It's even a tad embarrassing how awful I am at it.

#5 | Back to Top06-03-2015 12:21:49 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm so happy to see you back, wink! emot-biggrin  Bookmarked!

#6 | Back to Top06-03-2015 04:45:14 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Welcome back, wink! Good to see you again! I'll have to check out your blog. etc-love

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#7 | Back to Top08-20-2016 12:34:50 AM

evelynguerrero
New Student

Wow it is good information.And i got different and helpful information and ideas from your blog.I am also starting to do the article writing and now i am not able to do the blog because if we are doing the blog it must follow the correct guidelines and ideas.So after few months i will do blog.Anyway your work is great and waiting for new ideas and thoughts.Now i am planning to complete my academic work (http://rospher.com/) with the help of different types resources.

Last edited by evelynguerrero (08-20-2016 12:50:48 AM)

Board footer