This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-28-2007 09:35:53 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: The All-Encompassing Sailor Moon Thread

I never really watched Sailor Moon for the senshi... I like it for the baddies!!
Ive noticed...alot of people in senshi ranking don't like Usagi. poor girl. i couldn't rank them. They are all cool in their own way...except chibi-usa. me hate her....a lot!
Fave baddies?
Prince Diamond and Tigers-Eye. oooooh so hot.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#27 | Back to Top10-28-2007 09:48:39 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

The best "baddie" for me was Beryl in the live action.  That woman was the embodiment of an anime character come to life.  She was absolutely perfect.  As for the other villains...you know, right now I can't think of any that I particularly liked all that well.  Saffiru was cool, but he didn't really count as a villain all that much in my mind.  Professor Tomoe when he was being Papa was awesome too.

OH!!  That's right!  I've only seen Stars once (thus far).  My favorite BSSM villains, hands down, are Sailor Aluminum Siren and Sailor Lead Crow.  Particularly Siren, but together, they were fantastic.  Michelle from Read or Die: The TV reminds me of Siren. emot-keke

#28 | Back to Top10-28-2007 10:16:41 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love Live action Beryl for teh WIN. She bored me in both manga and anime, anime more so. But in terms of baddies, I was a Dark Kingdom fangirl from the start, although I had an intense fondness for the Black Moon Family to the point I mostly ficced exclusively about them. I also rather liked Eudial, because if I was a villain...I'd be Eudial. In fact if I ever cosplayed, I'd love to be her. Or Mimete, actually. Couldn't stand the girl, but I'd do an excellent Mimete. emot-biggrin

I never really played a lot in fandom, actually, because the really mainstream fandom groups were about the senshi, whereas I was a villain girl; I tended to hang around with those into the DK, but then it was the sort of off-beat hippie crowd you tended to find around Soylent Green's website. Heh. We were kind of freakish, but we enjoyed ourselves. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#29 | Back to Top10-28-2007 10:56:25 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

hey..anyone here have an explanation for this...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/What.jpg
UH, i found this on a Sailor Moon gallery....but.... we know its not Prince Diamond. It has me baffled.
to me it looks like Sesshomaru mixed with Diamond....

#30 | Back to Top10-28-2007 11:27:52 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

That's either Chiral or Achiral, one of the twin droids Esmeraude/Emerald used.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#31 | Back to Top10-28-2007 11:41:17 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

yup... its Chiral

#32 | Back to Top10-28-2007 12:10:33 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I loved Eudial. She was great. Someone made her her own little website shirne back in the day. i have no idea if it's still around.

For a favorite bad guy I have to go with Beryl, followed by Zoicite.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#33 | Back to Top10-28-2007 12:35:18 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Poor Zoicite and Fish-eye. I hate how when they dubbed it they were all up on them making them "female"

#34 | Back to Top10-28-2007 02:07:03 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I know! That was one of my biggest flaws with the dub, aside from the obvious horrible voice work. That and the "cousins" Haruka and Michiru... *shudder*

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#35 | Back to Top10-28-2007 02:30:13 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

dollface wrote:

I know! That was one of my biggest flaws with the dub, aside from the obvious horrible voice work. That and the "cousins" Haruka and Michiru... *shudder*

Look at the bright side, that way we'd have incestuous lesbians.

#36 | Back to Top10-28-2007 02:42:23 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I don't remember Sailor Moon very well, but I know that Sailor Mars was my favorite. Zoicite probably sticks out the most in my memory, because my friends and I made up a game where one of us was Zoicite, and if you were seen, Zoicite could say "Zoi" and then you couldn't move. I'm not sure if Zoicite ever really did anything like that, but that was still our game. I think that Meowth Ball was still my favorite made-up game of ours. That poor meowth plushie is still missing one of its legs, and I think the other one we had was completely destroyed.

I really need to rewatch it sometime. I started to, but oddly enough, I stopped at Sailor Mars' episode, so I still don't remember what she's like.

I should just make a list of things that I remember:

- The two people with the flute who ironically were in love with their enemies, and they just didn't know it. After all these years, I still remember that song.
- Asking my friend why Sailor Jupiter seemed to have a crush on Sailor Uranus even though she knew that she was really a girl.
- Not only being surprised that Uranus and Neptune were in love, but being surprised that it was based in Japan.
- Playing a fighting game, picking up a barrel, and referring to it as, "Queen Beryl."
- "I see. Your plan is to poison Sailor Moon with lemonade."

And probably some other stuff, too.

#37 | Back to Top10-28-2007 02:59:36 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I actually think that SuperS was my least favorite season. Honestly, I think it was a lot of people's least favorite season, and I blame Chibi-Usa for it. The SuperS manga was exponentially better than the anime because it retained its focus on Usagi.

And does anyone else think that Helios looked(and occasionally acted) just a little too much like Dios?

Actually, a lot of the things that made the anime not as good as the manga can be blamed on production and directorial decisions. Filler exists because they hadn't really mastered the whole simultaneous anime/manga concept like they have now. When Takeuchi made season 1, there was only supposed to be season 1. Toei begged her for another season, and she consented. In the meantime we get the incestuous aliens that were trying to break up Usagi and Mamoru while we wait for the Crystal Tokyo arc.

#38 | Back to Top10-28-2007 03:01:03 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

One of my favorite Sailor Moon fan fics was a comedy that I beleive was written by dreiser. It was rather silly and about the Senshi trying to get Minako together with someone. I think seh ultimately ended up with Setsuna. But the very first scene where all the girls are talking to Minako who is a little depresed about her situation had this great line in reference to Sailor Stars.

It was something like: "Well maybe Yaten and the others will come back...from there galaxy far far away..."

It was something like that.

There was a another fic I was really into that I'm not sure was ever finished that had Ami from the future going completely evil and going back in time to cause havoc and general mischief.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#39 | Back to Top10-28-2007 04:20:52 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

God, I've read so much BSSM fanfiction, I can hardly remember any at all... emot-gonk In recent times, I've only ventured over for some Minako and Rei love.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#40 | Back to Top10-28-2007 04:50:39 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I don't read much fanfiction anymore either, but I know Dreiser writes some good stuff.

The only fic I'm still reading is Sailor Moon V: The Dark Adventures of the Sailor Scoutsby Troy Stanton. He's been writing it for at least 5 years, and it's still not finished. It's an AU, dub-based fanfic that takes a dark turn into left field sometime after Sailor Mercury is introduced in the series.

Spoilery Plot Summary for those not planning to read it: Amy(spelled Ami for the fic) falls in love with Tolaris, a high-ranking officer in the Negaverse military sent to eliminate her and Sailor Moon. Through several cosmic incidents, Ami winds up as a vampire. Meanwhile, Serena finds out who her father is, Lita(spelled Leda for the fic) is bisexual and in love with Ami, Mina occasionally borders on clinically insane, and the Outer Senshi don't show up until chapter 5 or 6. Haruka(Alex) and Michiru(MIchelle) are lovers, and Setsuna(Susan) is a succubus. And there is no Hotaru or Chibi-Usa.

#41 | Back to Top10-28-2007 04:51:07 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I usually have a thing for the villains and in Sailor Moon the bad guys tend to be really interesting. My favourite baddies are probably Zoicite and Prince Diamond, Kunzite had his moments as well. I was really upset that Diamond didn't get an "instant" redemption spell like those sisters of the Black Moon clan did. My all time "evil" guy has got to be Fiore from the R movie. Kudos for guessing the senshi's identity right away. I don't even qualify him as evil, all things considered...he was just absolutely alone, floating in space for god knows how long, without a single friend to talk to. That would be enough to drive *anyone* mad.

#42 | Back to Top10-28-2007 06:18:16 PM

Mylene

With the exception of two naughty lemons (both of which were really bad...but served their purpose), I've never read BSSM fanfiction.  Actually, I don't read fanfiction at all for anything.  That way I don't accidentally "copy" someone's idea, should I ever write any of my own.  I like to keep the characters 'my own,' particularly when it comes to BSSM.  They're damn near alive in my head, and I don't want to see what anyone else did to them, as it would be too different from my vision.  I'm really weird that way though...

#43 | Back to Top10-28-2007 09:59:28 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Hiraku wrote:

dollface wrote:

Incestuous lesbians are awesome, in a disturbing way. Mostly for laffs.

Alex would have been a much better dub name for Haruka.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#44 | Back to Top10-28-2007 11:21:21 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Hiraku wrote:

dollface wrote:

Incestuous lesbians are awesome, in a disturbing way. Mostly for laffs.

Alex would have been a much better dub name for Haruka.

Just imagine the sexual ambiguity you can have... school-devil The same goes for the name Max

#45 | Back to Top10-28-2007 11:36:12 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

That's got to be one of the best things about Haruka. etc-love androgynous hotness.

#46 | Back to Top10-29-2007 06:14:54 AM

Mylene

They could have named her Pat.  emot-biggrin  Because nothing beats Pat for androgyny.

#47 | Back to Top10-29-2007 03:26:37 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Cerise wrote:

They could have named her Pat.  emot-biggrin  Because nothing beats Pat for androgyny.

My brain! emot-gonk

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#48 | Back to Top10-29-2007 03:36:52 PM

Mylene

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Cerise wrote:

My brain! emot-gonk

My work here is done. school-devil

#49 | Back to Top10-29-2007 04:20:20 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

dollface wrote:

I was hoping one of these would come along soon. emot-smile

I'm also madly in love with Galaxia, and I've never given up on her as I have with a few other characters.

This is so me and I wish I could find out more about her but she just rules ( and if in some alternative universe if I looked any thing like her that would rule) ...... I so need magical powers emot-smile
I own the last two seasons and want to buy the third at some point. I can't stand most of the doom tree arc and as a result hate most of what i have seen/recall about season 2.
I in general like most of the sailors for various reasons but would gladly shoot Serena's daughter. That being said I found a really bad fic that had Darin raping her for some reason. emot-mad  I think after that I kinda did not read anymore sailor moon fanfic's  emot-gonk Can anyone suggest any good ones for me?
Random point Queen Beryl for the fucking win and the the Jeweled evil ones emot-dance

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#50 | Back to Top10-29-2007 05:28:37 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I recall snerking at Sorcerer Wiseman's incestuous illusion toward the end of R, with Endymion kissing Black Lady. It was intended, so it's much worse than the Haruka/Michiru dub incest.

Board footer