This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-14-2008 03:57:00 PM

OpalRoseDuellistHinata
New Student
Website

Black Rose Duellist Customized Shoes

Hello everyone!
I'm Hinata and while I've been a long time fan of Empty Movement, I've never signed up for the forum. Now since I come with offering, I finally feel comfortable enough to! lol
Anyways, I'm just happy to see there is still some mad love for Utena after the series and movie. I just started making customized shoes during my stay in Germany and one of my biggest wishes was to make customized shoes featuring Revolutionary Girl Utena characters!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_EFplMWRTmuw/R9i … 142603.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_EFplMWRTmuw/R9i … 142538.jpg
I hope they're worthy enough for such a dedicated Utena club! lol
I couldn't help myself, I got a pair of Converse style shoes and went fangirl nuts lol. These shoes are also on sale if anyone wants them! They're a size too big for me so I would keep them if I could. They turned out alot better than I thought it would!

If you want them, please check out my little store (more like a blog really lol)
http://celiceparadis.blogspot.com/

I'm planning on making alot more shoes, my head is just brimming with Utena shoe ideas lol. Gotta love the symbolism in the show, allows so much creative and interpretive freedom

Last edited by OpalRoseDuellistHinata (03-14-2008 03:58:29 PM)

~Give me an hour and I'll give you your dream~

#2 | Back to Top03-14-2008 04:41:05 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Re: Black Rose Duellist Customized Shoes

When I read the title I had no idea what you meant, but looking at the pics O_O. I think I want some. I'm obsessed.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#3 | Back to Top03-14-2008 04:52:56 PM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Those are FANTASTIC. I would have never thought of Utena shoes, but I would totally wear these. Do you mind me asking how you made them?

(also, what size are these ones? emot-tongue)

#4 | Back to Top03-14-2008 04:59:21 PM

OpalRoseDuellistHinata
New Student
Website

wow! quick responses!! lol

thanks so much for the compliments! This was my first time working with converse style shoes and since the material is canvas, transferring the images proved more taxing than with my usual fake leather clogs (as you can see in my store).

What I did was just paint a layer of white so that I could carbon copy a tracing of the original character's artwork and then outlined it with more paint. Then I just painted the rest whatever I wanted. I just used fabric paint for the most part and then sprayed them with some leather finishing coating. I'm pretty sure these can withstand the elements (careful not to walk on any dirt roads though!)

I didn't write the size? Oh whoops, lol sorry about that! I should probably write that in the item description at the store. They're a size 8/8.5 or in European size 39. Extra tidbit, on the tongue flap on the shoe, it's all black but has a large pink Duel Arena Rose Signet outlined in silver.

#5 | Back to Top03-14-2008 05:32:18 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Will you be taking orders for different size shoes eventually? Those would be too big for me but I totally want them. Those are awesome! cool

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#6 | Back to Top03-14-2008 05:42:52 PM

OpalRoseDuellistHinata
New Student
Website

actually I do customization orders as well! So if you have an idea for a pair of shoes on a pair of Converse Style Shoes or white fake leather clogs (though I don't know how well the fabric paint will last on those, I hear they peel after a while...yikes!) and I can definitely do it for you. I'm also waiting on white slip ons to be in fashion in Germany so I can get a pair for more customizations.

So if you have an idea, lemme know!

#7 | Back to Top03-14-2008 06:02:45 PM

Hedgehogey
Framed Landscaper

Those shoes stir deep and powerful feelings in funny places. Too bad I wear size 12 mens.

#8 | Back to Top03-14-2008 06:14:07 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

etc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirl

Nude Black Rose Girls = Win =school-deviletc-wankgirletc-wankdude

I would love to order, but my money is being put aside for my baby... ONE MONTH TO GO!! YAAAAH!

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#9 | Back to Top03-14-2008 06:30:39 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Eee! If you do requests, I would LOVE a pair of the Shiori shoes in my size. Unfortunately, I have freak feet, so the ones up for grabs right now wouldn't fit.

God, they're beautiful... etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#10 | Back to Top03-14-2008 08:42:35 PM

OpalRoseDuellistHinata
New Student
Website

lol!!

Hey, if you have an idea for shoes, just email me! I'm at your services emot-keke

#11 | Back to Top03-15-2008 06:37:07 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Oh god. Ohgodohgodohgod. I want those shoes. So. Badly. etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

Maybe if I get the money, I wish I could get a pair of the Wakaba in 9.5. Yum. etc-love

#12 | Back to Top03-15-2008 09:39:42 AM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Those are amazing! I'll have to consider getting some from you when I'm a bit more financially stable.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#13 | Back to Top03-15-2008 04:21:12 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Wow these are...beyond cool and then some more! I'd love to have a Mikage themed pair of shoes, one day. Definitely too amazing, extra poptarts for you!! Wunderbar, says I! poptart poptart poptart

#14 | Back to Top03-17-2008 04:09:48 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Oh god, i think i NEED them!! Will you make of other characters too?

#15 | Back to Top03-18-2008 08:11:30 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Holy crap those are incredible. I am definitely interested in getting a pair of those! How do we officially make an order?

Last edited by Emiemipoemi (03-18-2008 08:15:02 AM)

#16 | Back to Top03-18-2008 12:47:54 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I would love to have those shoes... It's just that I can't think of any occasion that would allow me to wear them without getting weird looks in my direction, or even getting a detention. But Shiori shoes... It's so tempting... etc-love

#17 | Back to Top03-19-2008 09:26:28 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Those shoes are HOT.  Bonus points for using a Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star high-top style shoe.  I imagine it'd be pretty hard to paint over the star logo on a real pair of Chuck Taylors.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

Board footer