This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-21-2007 06:54:15 PM

MadHatter
Saionji Slapper
Website

Rubber Monster movies (Because you know they're awesome).

I don't know about you cats, but the way my father and I bond is through watching rubber monster movies. You may laugh, you may ridicule, and you may think I'm a complete doofus, but I love them. I mean come on, how can you not love a rubber toy crashing into cardboard boxes while a bunch of people are running around screaming at nothing? I hold a certain type of respect for these films, and here are my top 3:

1. Reptilicus- This is the best movie EVER MADE. I mean come on, it's a like a floppy stick that squirts ooze. It's marvelous.

2. Teenagers from Outter Space- OK, it didn't even have teenagers in it. It was about a giant killer shadow lobster, and it's pretty hard to beat that.

and 3. The Crawling Eye- It's a blow-up beach ball with an eye painted on it, and sticks coming out of it. Pure genius.

Godzilla isn't on here, because believe it or not, Godzilla is actually BETTER and more WELL MADE than any of those movies. Scary, I know.

Yup. REPRESENT!emot-dance

http://i13.tinypic.com/30digzo.jpg

#2 | Back to Top01-21-2007 06:55:01 PM

MadHatter
Saionji Slapper
Website

Re: Rubber Monster movies (Because you know they're awesome).

I spelled outer wrong... Oh well.

#3 | Back to Top01-21-2007 07:30:36 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

There's an edit button for that sort of thing emot-smile

I've never seen a rubber monster movie. Can you explain the attraction to me? I want to know why I should watch them, and why you respect them.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:05:25 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

OMG I LOVE TEENAGERS FROM OUTERSPACE. That poor lobster looked SO confused!! emot-frown((

#5 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:27:14 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

It's the cheese factor. I think it's the same mental process that allows people to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show every other weekend for years on end, and I used to be one of those people so I'm not complaining.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#6 | Back to Top01-22-2007 02:49:06 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Sorry, everytime somebody says something about Godzilla, i can't stop thinking about his gay son, Barney.

Does that count?

#7 | Back to Top01-22-2007 06:41:14 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I must see these movies. Rubber movie monsters are TEH WIN.

Personally, my favourite cheesy movies are splatter comedies made on the lowest possible budget possible. Being a Kiwi, I have an incredible fondness for Peter Jackson's earliest effort, Bad Taste. The exploding sheep must be seen to be believed! ...although my personal favourite of his movies has to be Braindead, as watching that twat Richard Taylor get half-eaten by a crazy little monkey was hilarious. Not to mention the bit with the lawnmower. Cheesy backyard special effects are the best thing ever invented, dammit! etc-love

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#8 | Back to Top01-22-2007 10:35:47 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Weta was born in creating the Braindead. So, if there was no Braindead, the Lord of the Rings wouldn't look half as good. Yeah, that movie rocks...

And so does Rocky Horror. It's not cheesy! It's not! It's deep and profound and cool. And Denial is a river in Egypt... emot-rolleyes

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#9 | Back to Top01-22-2007 01:18:56 PM

MadHatter
Saionji Slapper
Website

Yasha wrote:

There's an edit button for that sort of thing emot-smile

I've never seen a rubber monster movie. Can you explain the attraction to me? I want to know why I should watch them, and why you respect them.

Well, it's kinda a cult thingy. Someone might look at one and say, "Hey, this is the best thing ever!" And then, someone might look at it and say, "Wow, what type of a loser likes this crap?" It really depends on the person. I like them because... Well... They make me laugh. emot-keke They're so crappy, that I just can't help but find joy in them.

Thank Shiva for edit buttons.

#10 | Back to Top01-22-2007 01:20:01 PM

MadHatter
Saionji Slapper
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

OMG I LOVE TEENAGERS FROM OUTERSPACE. That poor lobster looked SO confused!! emot-frown((

You, my friend, are officially one of the coolest internet people ever. ^.^

Board footer