This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-01-2011 01:01:14 AM

utenatea
New Student

I LOVE the soundtrack

9 of them!

i think its genius.
been playing it all day, my ears are in Utena heaven.
one of the best soundtracks in anime, if not ever.

Last edited by utenatea (02-01-2011 01:01:32 AM)

#2 | Back to Top02-01-2011 07:43:54 PM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

Re: I LOVE the soundtrack

JA Seazer is a genius-not only is it an incredible soundtrack, it's actually relevant to the story!

I've always felt Utena sort of has its own genre of music, like Juno or The Shining- it's all in the same genre, but it's difficult to pinpoint a specific one.

Virtual Star Embryology etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#3 | Back to Top02-03-2011 10:59:58 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

Utena has an oddball, experimental sound and I think we all love it.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#4 | Back to Top02-03-2011 11:44:17 AM

Celaenoe
Miki Molester
Website

Yeah, I have most of the Utena music as well and I love it. In particular, as dorky as it is, the opening song is an always wil be my favorite Utena song and one of my favorite songs ever emot-smile
I love the creepy cool music that's always playing during the duels. I really feel like those were a nice/epic touch to add to the show

#5 | Back to Top02-03-2011 12:55:00 PM

VintageRoses
New Student

I've been listening to Truth for about a day. For some off reason it allways gives me strength to push ahead.

etc-love3 Luca Yumi's voice helps too.

#6 | Back to Top02-03-2011 12:56:01 PM

VintageRoses
New Student

Celaenoe wrote:

Yeah, I have most of the Utena music as well and I love it. In particular, as dorky as it is, the opening song is an always wil be my favorite Utena song and one of my favorite songs ever emot-smile
I love the creepy cool music that's always playing during the duels. I really feel like those were a nice/epic touch to add to the show

I know! I forget the title of it..but that music that was playing on the car ride back from the amusement part allways calms me down n__n~

#7 | Back to Top02-04-2011 07:13:12 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Got Passionate on my iPod and listen to it all the time. It's just bloody brilliant.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#8 | Back to Top02-05-2011 04:15:39 PM

Celaenoe
Miki Molester
Website

VintageRoses wrote:

Celaenoe wrote:

I know! I forget the title of it..but that music that was playing on the car ride back from the amusement part allways calms me down n__n~

yeah it's really nice, despite how unsettling parts of that episode are :p

#9 | Back to Top03-21-2011 03:24:03 PM

Rose Bleue
Wakaba Wrangler

I have the first OST CD, Virtual Star Embryology -the CD, not the song- and the J.A. Seazer Chorus album in my ipod. They make a long boring bus trip worthwhile...

The lyrics of cgoruses are pure genius... emot-dance

Eadem mutata resurgo

#10 | Back to Top04-08-2011 04:28:48 PM

J-Syxx
Banned

I actually kind of like the non-JA Seazer tracks more.  I think they work better in the context of the show than on their own.  It's like an opera or something.  Still may end up getting that non-Utena JA Seazar Uenta CD at some point.  lol

Board footer