This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top02-20-2007 10:13:43 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Re: What is your Chinese Zodiac type and sign?

Another fire rabbit here, seems most of us in this post were born in the 1987/1988 emot-dance

And I knew I was a rabbit but didn't knew I was a firey one school-devil 

Tamago wrote:

火Fire 兔Rabbit

The Fire Rabbits stand out from the crowd of other Rabbits. (mmm not sure. I don't know many wabbits ) You might expect Rabbits to be passive, quiet, and loners. Not so, the Fire Rabbits. These extroverts are leaders of the pack! (mmm I am actually introvert or extroverts depending on the place)  Fire Rabbits intuitively sense the right way to bring out the best in themselves and other people. They are brave creatures, thirsty for life.

Others eagerly follow them because of the promise of adventure and great fun, and they are never disappointed. Visionary explorers, Fire Rabbits inspire others to see beyond the surface. Unlike other Rabbits, Fire Rabbits have the potential to be truly rich. Enormously capable and hardworking(hah! I wish it was true), Fire Rabbits can achieve great things others cannot match. Captains in charge of their lives, they experience smooth sailing in their careers.

The multifaceted Fire Rabbits experience great versatility in their lives. Their interests can range from Agatha Christie to bungee jumping, from caviar to enchiladas, from snowskiing to Scrabble. (this one is rigth)  Excellent lovers, they rapturously charm their partners with cozy fireplaces, affectionate hugs, and, most of all, undying support and loyalty. (Nice but I actually need a lover to see if its true in my case)

And I am left with doubt with something. the rabbit is also refered as  the cat. Didn't the cat lose the animal race?

Last edited by Romanticide (02-20-2007 10:14:42 PM)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#52 | Back to Top02-21-2007 03:09:47 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Rushita wrote:

水Water 鼠Rat

When water rats talk, people listen. Commanding and eloquent, always the center of attention, the Water Rats also have a soft side that endears them to the world.

When the world needs, Water Rats are there. Humanitarian fighters against hunger, illness, sadness, they try to bring happiness to others through their compassionate endeavors and smiling warmth. When the world wants a friend, it's the loyal and sincere Water Rat which draws them in. The Water Rat has a successful career but money-wise, it's pretty much middle of the road. Changing free-spending ways could lead to financial security if they are willing to make the effort.

Their natural charisma attracts members of the opposite sex like wildfire, but Water Rats often don't set their standards high enough and are quite indiscriminate in seeking love affairs, until they finally settle down later in life. Once this happens, they advance pretty far exhibiting oodles of charm with their loved ones.

Romanticide wrote:

I am a Hot Cross Bunny emot-biggrin

I also notice that a lot of the members here share the Metal element with their Zodiac animal.

Here is the list of the Elements and their meanings.

Metal
The West
Autumn
The Planet Venus
The Color White
Respiratory system & Lungs
Determined, Self-reliant
Unyielding, Strong
Persistent, Forceful
Emocation, Suicidal, pleasure
Reserved, Needs Personal Space
'Governs' Monkey, Rooster, Dog

Wood
The East
Spring
The Planet Jupiter
The Color Green
Liver and gallbladder
Generous, Warm
Persuasive, Co-operative
Seeks to Expand and Grow
Idealistic, Ethical
Enthusiastic, Seeks to Explore
'Governs' Tiger, Rabbit, Snake

Water
The North
Winter
The Planet Mercury
The Color Black
Skeletal/Excretory System & Lungs
Diplomatic, Charming
Intuitive, Compassionate
Communication, Intellectual
Sensitivity, Creative
Flexible, Compliant
'Governs' Pig, Rat, Goat

Fire
The South
Summer
The Planet Mars
The Color Red
Circulatory system & Heart
Dynamic, Energetic
Passion, Enterprise
Adventurous, Restless
Competitive, Leadership Skills
Strong, Single-minded
'Governs' Ox, Horse, Dragon

Earth
Center
Three Enclosures, Change of seasons
The Planet Saturn
The Color Yellow
Digestive system, Spleen and stomach
Patient, Prudent
Stable, Reliable
Hard-working, Ambitious
Disciplined, Logical
Service and Duty to Others
'Governs' Dragon, Dog, Rat, and Ox.

Last edited by Tamago (02-24-2008 05:40:45 AM)

#53 | Back to Top02-21-2007 06:53:26 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

I'm a metal rooster, I've read Tamago's analysis(?), but I'm a person without an ounce of logic! emot-biggrin

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#54 | Back to Top02-21-2007 09:44:06 AM

Nariel
Miki Molester

What is a fire horse?

The ruler of the universe has spoken.

#55 | Back to Top02-21-2007 02:09:23 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Tamago wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

I always get confused with this... December 1987 should be Fire Rabbit, right?

Yes you sure are. emot-keke

I feel so much better now. emot-biggrin

So we're like a warren of Fire Rabbits. And you all know what rabbits are knwon for. etc-wankgirletc-wankdudeetc-wankgirl

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#56 | Back to Top02-21-2007 02:52:35 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I'm a Fire Rabbit too!!

Well, I definitely stand out from the crowd, but not necessarily the good way emot-rolleyes
People I know in high school love me, college, well, they're news to my "erraticity". I keep to myself sometimes, but when I'm with people, I won't stop talking emot-smile

Well, about the leadership thing, I don't really have it, because my group project partners last semester barely listened to me. Rather, they all crowd around this one guy who is polite and charming to every girl in the campus. Ah, well, their loss for choosing Flintstones over Metroid for go-cart designs.
So Fire Rabbits have what it takes to be rich and successful, eh? Well, I don't care about that. I would be happy enough if I can help people realize their true identity and dreams. That's why I wanna be a novelist emot-keke

I'll also have to disagree about the hard-working thing. There're times when I wanted to buckle down and get to work, and I ended up playing 4 hrs worth of video games(<-This implies the horrible karma of all-nighters emot-gonk, ah well, I have myself to blame for being procrastinator). But, I DO have a range of interest, especially in categories of music. And I do like all kinds of food I've eaten.

#57 | Back to Top02-21-2007 04:55:19 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Nariel wrote:

火Fire 馬Horse

Through all the moons of many a year, the Fire Horse is a dynamic creature, with a vigor that promises youth and freshness until the very end of life. The will and the spirit of the Fire Horse cannot be broken.

This Horse goes through life with philosophical patience and the ability to bounce back from adversity no matter how dire the circumstances. In times of solitude, Fire Horses also have an insatiable need for intellectual stimulation and they satisfy their curiosity for learning through reading, listening, conversing, and travel abroad. Fire Horses make inspiring leaders, revered and respected. They encourage their subordinates with kindness and just the right degree of strictness and work well with people in all stations of life.

Financial rewards fall in the middle ground, not too bad, not terrific, but always comfortable. Being in love with the Fire Horse brings pure rapture. These noble Horses are generous with their love, with hugs and kisses. Loved ones always know where they stand because Fire Horses demonstrate every day through their actions the love they feel deep within. Each day is a soft and tender love poem.

#58 | Back to Top02-21-2007 05:55:58 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

By the way, my best friend is Earth Snake

I'd like to know the characteristic of Earth Snake, too!

#59 | Back to Top02-21-2007 08:48:13 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Hiraku wrote:

土Earth 蛇Snake

Before we get to the good things, let's get this out of the way: The Earth Snake can be, in a word, snaky. Seductive and alluring, they can wrap their prey in a clever web almost impossible to escape.

Their disarming manner has its charms but can backfire, when people run like crazy for blessed relief. But, oh, my, how Earth Snakes can shine. Their inborn magnetism, quick response to the needy, and unaffected love for their fellow men compel support from high and low alike. People generally gravitate towards these very graceful creatures who are citizens of the world, as much at home on the tennis court as in a museum or taking part in a street festival.

Earth Snakes do well in school and lead a privileged life throughout their later career years. Golden years promise good financial fortune. In the Romance & Relationship Department, Snakes are not at all snaky, in fact they are a bit too cautious, afraid that if they give their love away, they won't get it back. Nonsense! Once the love bug bites, they are very ingenuous and imaginative in keeping the romantic flame burning.

#60 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:26:56 AM

Professor Plum
Touga Topper
Website

Tamago wrote:

1963 Jan 25 = 1964 Feb 12 水 Water 兔 Rabbit
1964 Feb 13 = 1965 Feb 01 木 Wood 龍 Dragon

I always suspected my ex-girlfriend (Gio has listened to my whining about her while we were breaking up) of being a Rabbit.  She was born in 1964, which is usually considered to be a Dragon year, but since she was born on Feb. 3rd, I thought she could be a Rabbit (the Rabbit description fit her better than the Dragon).  Now I know that she is a Rabbit, although really too late.

I am an Earth Pig (translate that into Afrikaans, and that becomes Aardvark) and so is my current girlfriend (we're both born in 1959, which probably means I'm the oldest person on the forum).  What is the Earth Pig description?

BTW, I love your current .sig.  I wonder what effect Haruhi would have on Ohtori?

#61 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:32:28 AM

Professor Plum
Touga Topper
Website

Persephone wrote:

I'm not even in it. *sigh*

Do you mean your birthyear isn't on Tamago's list? emot-confused

#62 | Back to Top03-03-2007 02:46:31 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Professor Plum wrote:

土Earth  豬Pig

Pig people are friends for life. Their relationships are very deep, devoted, and rich beyond measure. The Pig people are noble and give and receive lots of hugs. They are gallant and extend old-fashioned chivalries towards people they meet. Pig People are quiet, studious, and thorough.

On the other hand, they have a quick temper and sometimes have to pay for their rash impulsiveness. However, no one can overcome their inner strength; they have such tremendous fortitude and jump the goal post very time.

The Pig will have an abundance of good fortune and an abundance of years. The Pig will know a life filled with serenity and riches.

Plum's X-GF was:
水Water 兔Rabbit

The Water Rabbit enjoys the immensity of solitude. Like typical Rabbits, the Water Rabbit is quiet, but don't let this fool you. Water Rabbits are always STRONG silent types. Beneath the passive reserve lies a smoldering ember ready to enjoy life to the fullest extent possible. In solitude there is peace, spirit, nature, strength, music, and a strong philosophical current that keeps anchor in the soul of Water Rabbit.

The Neon and Glitter People truly admire the Water Rabbits for their individuality, not unlike that of the lone rugged cowboy seen against jagged mountain peaks. Water Rabbits make friends easily, but have a tendency to be too trusting. Gullibility is not a safe trait to have! Water Rabbits are happy to find creative outlets through their very fulfilling careers. Their determination to rise to the top makes them well regarded in their fields.

When it comes to making money, it's "easy come, easy go" - money just slips through their fingers and Rabbits gasp with bewilderment, "Where did it go?" Time to find a good financial advisor. "Easy come, easy go" is also the mantra of their love lives. Falling in love too easily leads to heartbreak. Once they learn to hold back and find true love, they throw away romantic interludes for love everlasting.

Professor Plum wrote:

BTW, I love your current .sig.  I wonder what effect Haruhi would have on Ohtori?

Thanks, I like it emot-keke

If Haruhi existed in the SKU universe, then I could almost imagine that the duels that Akio set up to gain 'World Revolution' would really be an attempt to use special ritual magic in an effort to steal away Haruhi's god powers.

#63 | Back to Top03-05-2007 11:06:36 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

I'm a fire tiger, Rowr. It's a pretty good definition I think.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#64 | Back to Top03-06-2007 10:29:51 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Hurray people are Fire Rabbits like me! X3 lol i knew i was a fire rabbit before hand (cause i'm asian so i must know)

>.> which means a lot of ya are within the same age range emot-keke

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#65 | Back to Top03-12-2007 03:44:04 PM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

1990 Jan 27 = 1991 Feb 14 金 Metal 馬 Horse
emot-aaa Neat. I knew I was a Horse/Sheep (depending on which New Year you count), but I never knew what element I was. ...*takes note of all those kanji* >.>

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#66 | Back to Top03-12-2007 04:08:18 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

According to this, I guess I'm a Water Monkey.

How fucking lame does that sound?

Anywho, I knew I was the monkey, but water? That's odd, considering in the regular zodiac I'm a fire sign.

Perhaps I'm not reading it correctly? emot-confused

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#67 | Back to Top03-12-2007 04:11:17 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

dollface wrote:

How fucking lame does that sound?

Anywho, I knew I was the monkey, but water? That's odd, considering in the regular zodiac I'm a fire sign.

Perhaps I'm not reading it correctly? emot-confused

No, you probably read it right, but Chinese astrology has nothing to do with Western astrology. Hell, Western astrology gets more confusing every time I read up on it.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#68 | Back to Top03-12-2007 09:51:08 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

dollface wrote:

水Water 猴Monkey

Always the center of attention, Water Monkeys likes to be noticed, by everybody. This alienates some people because after all, others would like the spotlight once in a while, too. Others willingly gravitate towards the Water Monkey, recognizing a natural born leader when they see one.

The Water Monkey is very sensitive to criticism and tends to hide behind an iron mask to protect from barbs, insults, and unkindness which might come their way. They need to control themselves to gain the respect of others.

If they use their talent properly, they will become prosperous and know fully the Good Life. The passage of time will be very kind to them. They will know great happiness in their golden years. They will never know what loneliness is because children just love being with the Water Monkey. They will accompany them on their journey all the way.

#69 | Back to Top03-13-2007 07:30:43 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Hell, Western astrology gets more confusing every time I read up on it.

If someone can find a decent website with descriptions for what the various houses and positions mean, I'd start a thread where I did everyone's charts. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#70 | Back to Top03-13-2007 02:37:15 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Giovanna wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Hell, Western astrology gets more confusing every time I read up on it.

If someone can find a decent website with descriptions for what the various houses and positions mean, I'd start a thread where I did everyone's charts. emot-smile

Well, here's a good place to start. http://www.astrology.com/site_map.html

If I find something better, I'll post it.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#71 | Back to Top03-13-2007 03:28:50 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

dollface wrote:

NO POSSIBLE.

MY EX IS WATER MONKEY
(that description is JUST how she is, it's scary..... i know that sign pretty well)

......!!!!! (runs away crying) WHYYYYYYY MEEEE T___T GET AWAY, GET AWAY! >_<

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (03-13-2007 03:29:45 PM)

#72 | Back to Top03-13-2007 03:33:51 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hey, don't talk to your wife that way emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#73 | Back to Top03-13-2007 03:38:19 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Sorry, i forgot to take my meds emot-frown *crying*. I'm afraid that since now i wont see Dollface (my beloved wife) as Dollface, but as Ana emot-frownemot-frownemot-frown

(by the way.. what's your real name...? can i call you "dolly" or it sounds like a horse name?)

tamago wrote:

Metal: 'Governs' Monkey, Rooster, Dog

Well this helps thought.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (03-13-2007 03:41:09 PM)

#74 | Back to Top03-13-2007 05:01:39 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

That thing is all wrong! ALL WRONG! Sorry, Chinese, you don't know me very well. I'm very very shy, not at all a 'center of attention' kinda gal. emot-gonk emot-gonk emot-gonk

Epi, please, don't leave me! emot-frown emot-frown emot-frown It's all a lie!

[[Oh, and my name is Kate. I know, such a loser name. It sounds so...cheerleader emot-gonk ]]

Edit:

Tamago wrote:

The Water Monkey is very sensitive to criticism and tends to hide behind an iron mask to protect from barbs, insults, and unkindness which might come their way. They need to control themselves to gain the respect of others.

This part is pretty true though. But the children thing is so wrong! I HATE kids. Hate them.

Last edited by dollface (03-13-2007 05:04:06 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#75 | Back to Top03-14-2007 01:00:18 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

dollface wrote:

I HATE kids. Hate them.

You shouldn't talk about your soon to be existing daughter that way, either. emot-frown

Board footer