This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-07-2014 07:49:03 PM

BenHo
Juri Jeerer

Question for R1 Remaster DVD owners

It seems I have returned from the grave.

So, I've finally decided to put down the money and buy the R1 Remastered DVDs because unlike every other human being, I actually really like the Utena dub. But before I do, I have a question for others who have purchased those DVDs.

Are the original closing song animations intact in the R1 Remastered DVDs? I ask because the official YouTube upload from Manga Entertainment does NOT have the original closing animations, instead using a still white screen with the rose crest on it. And yes, that's even true of the final episode. Unfortunately, that would kind of ruin the experience for me if I were to buy the DVDs only to find out that the original CPM DVD releases were more "complete" than the new remastered versions.

#2 | Back to Top07-07-2014 08:50:34 PM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

Re: Question for R1 Remaster DVD owners

All of the DVD ending sequences are as they should be. So no, there's no issue there at all.

Dub sucks btw. school-devil

Last edited by Aelanie (07-07-2014 08:51:25 PM)

#3 | Back to Top07-08-2014 05:27:19 AM

BenHo
Juri Jeerer

Re: Question for R1 Remaster DVD owners

ahh. Good to know. I've been wanting to buy the Remastered DVDs for a while, but I've been putting it off because "I don't 'need' it". But I've gotten back into an Utena kick, so I think I'm gonna bite the bullet.

And yeah, I know I'm in the minority for liking the dub, but I got my reasons.

Board footer