This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-24-2010 04:36:22 PM

poetoffire
Mikage Mistruster

[AMV] Breathless: A Wakaba Tribute

This is my first time editing with SKU, but it was a great experience!  After rewatching Wakaba's duel, I was inspired by one of my favorite songs and put them together.

Dan Wilson's Breathless is a beautiful, wistful song about a flightly loved one...that, after the first verse and chorus, nose-dives into the fantastically creepy and dark.

You all know Wakaba's journey.

So I cranked this out in a day, and I'm really proud of it.  I used a lot of new editing styles, a faster-paced song, and a limited number of clips, but I think it came out great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHepAcPNzo

Enjoy!

#2 | Back to Top08-24-2010 06:11:41 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Re: [AMV] Breathless: A Wakaba Tribute

I really liked this; the editing was great! If anything it kind of seemed too short.

#3 | Back to Top08-31-2010 11:15:50 AM

tuomastahti
Banned
Website

Sony Music Entertainment has blocked it in my country. What about you guys, is it still visible in other areas?

The company's reaction was exceptionally fast. If you started this thread right after uploading, the video was there less than a week, while many other AMVs and music videos have been around for years. It seems like Sony Music has been increasingly active with YouTube in the past few weeks. A couple of weeks ago they removed dozens of Ozzy Osbourne videos in one day.

#4 | Back to Top08-31-2010 01:13:20 PM

haelsyx
Caretaker
Website

Love the song choice! More detail later but it looks great etc-love

{livejournal} {youtube}
Its an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be in San Francisco-Oscar Wilde.
Anyone get the feeling finding Utena is going to be a lot like where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

#5 | Back to Top09-06-2010 01:28:36 PM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

As an ex-amv maker, I have to say the flow is kinda staccato-ish?
But I love the story =}D

#6 | Back to Top09-12-2010 07:50:22 AM

Calamity
High Tripper

I definitely enjoyed this a lot. I've never heard of Dan Wilson so I wasn't sure what to think going into the song but I quite enjoyed it, and of course I love Wakaba so I felt parts of the song (and your editing) really did fit quite well. Good job! etc-love

Board footer