This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#4751 | Back to Top06-02-2014 03:46:43 PM

Nova
Phoenix Down

Re: so whatcha listenin' to?

Philip Glass: Koyaanisqatsi.

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#4752 | Back to Top07-06-2014 02:32:39 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Dave Gardner - Mad Witch

A 1957 novelty song about banging the devil's wife.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#4753 | Back to Top07-10-2014 06:43:59 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

This...I just...man emot-gonk it did a number on me. Finding more and more things to love about this VN.

#4754 | Back to Top07-10-2014 12:53:00 PM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

まずここでこのオスカル・フランソワの命をたってからにされるがよい!

#4755 | Back to Top10-03-2014 11:58:57 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

All your moves are swift.
All your turns are tight.
Let me catch my breath;
I thought we had all night.
I like to take my time,
I like to linger as it flies:
A weekend on your lips,
A lifetime in your eyes.

#4756 | Back to Top11-08-2014 10:41:33 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

In the far future Raygun Gothic outer space, they listen to Marina

#4757 | Back to Top11-24-2014 12:11:07 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Double post because I have to share this with you guys, at least those of you who haven't seen it yet.
If Anno's particular style of expression went out and after a couple of tequilas got somehow less, yet at the same time more fascinated and frightened of feminine imagery, then coated itself in Space Dandy coulours and P&S hypersexuality, and then in the end had Ikuhara EXPLODE all over it (in a non-literal and non-sexual way, I assure you), this would be the beautiful product. Add to it some mindblowingly awesome music and voila!

NSFW

(Better quality here, and some background here)

P.S. It finally occurred to me that yonic imagery is to Anno what phallic imagery is to Ikuhara. Hmmm...

#4758 | Back to Top11-24-2014 04:37:17 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Snow wrote:

Double post because I have to share this with you guys, at least those of you who haven't seen it yet.
If Anno's particular style of expression went out and after a couple of tequilas got somehow less, yet at the same time more fascinated and frightened of feminine imagery, then coated itself in Space Dandy coulours and P&S hypersexuality, and then in the end had Ikuhara EXPLODE all over it (in a non-literal and non-sexual way, I assure you), this would be the beautiful product. Add to it some mindblowingly awesome music and voila!

NSFW

(Better quality here, and some background here)

P.S. It finally occurred to me that yonic imagery is to Anno what phallic imagery is to Ikuhara. Hmmm...

MY Turn!

That anime short shows the quiet desperation and girl craziness of most of the men over there and some over her. Yet, this anime short is a little more obvious.

I know they are trying that baby drain over in Japan. America is starting to get in the same way. There are more single people than married couples in the US now. Maybe anime like this is a result of encouraging people to pair up. I do know. It was on my mind anyway.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

#4759 | Back to Top11-24-2014 04:46:43 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

This music video really "floats my boat" if you know what I mean. I feel more happy, hopeful, and serene when I watch this video. I even have it on my iPhone.

#4760 | Back to Top12-04-2014 07:46:25 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

I saw "Breakfast at Tiffany's" a couple of days ago for the first time. Then I remembered this song. I think your are going to like it.

I really a big fan of dance and house music. More of the same to be be posted later.

#4761 | Back to Top12-21-2014 01:32:02 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

The most wonderful song on the face of the planet. The other day I was listening to this while watching footage of tank battles. It was sublime.

Die Antwoord - XP€N$IV $H1T

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4762 | Back to Top12-21-2014 05:17:17 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Skrillex featuring Diplo, CL, and G-Dragon: Dirty Vibe

I don't normally care for rap, but anybody who collaborates with Skrillex has to be pretty cool. emot-dance

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#4763 | Back to Top01-29-2015 12:46:59 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Here is an oldie but goodie from the 90's alternative pop.

#4764 | Back to Top01-29-2015 11:38:52 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I like it, yusaku!  The melody in particular -- it's got a really intriguing sound, like it's modulating between major and minor keys or something.  Thank you for this! emot-smile

So I didn't want to post the results of my foray into the year-end Hot 100 in a serious place like IFD, but in SIL I have no problem with it. emot-rofl

10 "Drunk on a Plane," Dierks Bentley.  It's as funny as the title makes you hope it is, but there's also just a little dead seriousness that makes this a good song to me.  In combination with solid scoring, of course.
9 "Ain't It Fun," Paramore.  This is an honest, cynical song about becoming an adult that ought to mean something to SKU fans.  I'm always a sucker for Paramore, but I genuinely liked this song more every time I listened to it.
8 "Team," Lorde.  This one took me a few listens to get behind, but I came around.  There's no levity here, just Lorde grappling with her society's broken promises and looking for consolation.
7 "Wake Me Up," Avicii.  Hey, another song about growing up.  I like its determination, its consistent metaphors, and its beat.
6 "Happy," Pharrell Williams.  The title says it all, basically.  He's happy!  And he wrote a song that makes me happy too!  Yay!
5 "The Monster," Eminem.  Goddammit Em, why does your flow have to be so sick?  I'm not even sure this is that great a song, it just keeps making me go "ooooh."  Credit where it's due to Rihanna's choruses, too.
4 "Pompeii," Bastille.  I think the strength of this song is supposed to be its profound lyrics, and yeah, it's well written, but it's the pace, the slow burn, that hits me hard.  This is the point in the list where my feelings about the songs go from "I really enjoyed these songs" to "just put these on endless repeat all day, please."
3 "Classic," MKTO.  I think this is probably a love-it-or-hate-it song, as most Glee bait is.  (See also "Happy.")  It's just so believably in love.  The sincerity is what gets me.  Well, that and getting carried away in the beat.
2 "Let It Go," Idina Menzel.  I'm not breaking any new ground here, but this is a fantastic song, dammit.  It has layers.  You can listen to it superficially and it's an awesome and empowering song, and that's great.  You can listen more carefully and examine what she's actually saying and discover that her vision of empowerment is at heart a very sad vision, and that's great too.  In the end, listening to this song made me go see a movie, and that alone says something.
1 "Burn," Ellie Goulding.  I heard this song and I knew it was going to be number one immediately.  It's not just that the lyrics are a powerful anthem to having and spreading love, or that it's another instrumental slow burn that builds energy and joy; it's that Ellie Goulding sounds like she fucking loves making music.  It's a rare artist who can sound this passionate through as many layers of processing as this song has.  Yum.

Honorable mentions, in alphabetical order by artist:
"The Man," Aloe Blacc   [like many songs, it's about how great the singer is, but the thing is I kind of believe him]
"Hey Brother," Avicii   [do not watch the video, it ruins the song]
"Rather Be," Clean Bandit   [just a lot of fun]
"Cool Kids," Echosmith   [you can totally hum Pumped-Up Kicks over the chorus if you want]
"Somethin' Bad," Miranda Lambert   [good song! I liked it better when it was called "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall]
"La La La," Naughty Boy   [if you're a terrible boyfriend and you know it, clap your hands]
"Story of My Life," One Direction   [I know, don't even start]

#4765 | Back to Top01-29-2015 01:33:43 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

If you like"Drunk on a Plane"

or maybe

#4766 | Back to Top01-29-2015 05:02:22 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I'm absolutely in love with Studio Killers. This song makes me want to get out and walk the streets and smile at strangers. It's the kind of music that brings people to clubs (even if said club is you blasting it from shitty laptop speakers while brushing your teeth before bed).

#4767 | Back to Top01-30-2015 02:31:30 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

It has come to my attention that of the seventeen songs I named above, only six of them had not charted prior to 2014.  All of my top eight first charted in 2013.  I think 2014 may actually have been as bad a year for music as they say. emot-frown

#4768 | Back to Top01-30-2015 08:16:10 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

How could it possibly have been a bad year for music when genius like this was created?

[I know, it's 2012 not 2014 but I needed an excuse because oh god I love this band emot-rofl]

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4769 | Back to Top01-31-2015 09:44:47 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Yasha wrote:

How could it possibly have been a bad year for music when genius like this was created?

[I know, it's 2012 not 2014 but I needed an excuse because oh god I love this band emot-rofl]

When you hear music like that it is time to go back and listen to the classics.

Or reinvented classics:

#4770 | Back to Top02-03-2015 02:01:48 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

I ran across this video in relation to another posting topic regarding the sex and the dating scene. It is related to the topic, but since I used another video already I thought would be fun to post it here. It is fun to watch!

#4771 | Back to Top02-15-2015 05:04:01 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

I've had this song

playing a little too much this evening.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#4772 | Back to Top02-15-2015 01:02:15 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Simple yet beautiful.

#4773 | Back to Top02-17-2015 05:33:46 PM

Crackers
New Student

Björk - Vulnicura (Full Album)
I almost peed my pants when it came out emot-dance

Last edited by Crackers (02-18-2015 08:59:35 PM)

#4774 | Back to Top02-28-2015 04:24:38 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Los Lobos' version of Guantanamera. Great song, in general, but Los Lobos never over-eggs it the way that some rock bands can when covering a folk song.

#4775 | Back to Top03-26-2015 10:22:54 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Crackers wrote:

Björk - Vulnicura (Full Album)
I almost peed my pants when it came out emot-dance

I did not know that Bjork did another album.

By the way, I like dance videos.

Last edited by yusaku (03-26-2015 10:23:58 AM)

Board footer