This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top12-16-2006 05:00:48 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: "Broad spectrum?"

From what I have been told, on my mother’s side, I am from a long line of pure English Normans (as opposed to Anglo Saxons) going back many centuries. 

On my father’s side, I have been told that his largely English family tree has being spotted with Chinese, Irish, Romanian, Greek, Turkish and other exotic blood over the generations so that means that I could have any number of exotic races flowing through my veins but maybe not… it’s the unknown that makes it interesting.

#52 | Back to Top12-16-2006 05:14:21 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon for the community demographic survey, emot-wink I'm European-Caucasian in origin, although you're more likely to hear me call myself a "pakeha;" the technical translation for that is probably closer to "non-Maori New Zealander," but it's mostly used specifically for white New Zealanders of European descent. Along with "bloody thieving colonialists!" emot-tongue I couldn't tell you exactly what I am, but I am often asked if I'm Irish (even when I actually AM in New Zealand); it's partly because I come from a part of New Zealand where we roll our r's (it's actually Scottish in origin, but because we don't have anything else of the Scottish burr it tends to sound closer to Northern Irish than the mild Scots accent you get around Lothian and such). It's also partly because I have a mildly Celtish look to me, what with my red-gold hair and pale skin. Which likely as not probably makes me Danish somewhere along the line. emot-keke;;

But er, yes. I'm a native New Zealander living in England; I'm twenty-four and am not really sure what class I am in. I suppose I'm really working class, but I've got myself into a position where I can waste money fairly much at will so I am probably more middle-class. But not really. My sexuality is debatable -- most of the time I don't really have one -- and though my mother was baptised Methodist and my father Presbyterian, no-one in my immediate family practises religion (my dad is now an atheist and my mother and I went to church once a year to sing Christmas carols)...and if I personally had one, I'd probably be Jewish or Buddhist. I can't quite explain that, either. emot-rolleyes

But yeah, I love the diversity and maturity of the people on this board. emot-dance <-- I'm doing the happy dance!

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#53 | Back to Top12-16-2006 05:20:13 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Tamago wrote:

On my father’s side, I have been told that his largely English family tree has being spotted with Chinese, Irish, Romanian, Greek, Turkish and other exotic blood over the generations so that means that I could have any number of exotic races flowing through my veins but maybe not… it’s the unknown that makes it interesting.

Wow... Irish is exotic? emot-tongue

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#54 | Back to Top12-17-2006 01:08:07 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Irish may or may not be exotic, but it is hot. etc-wankdude

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#55 | Back to Top12-17-2006 05:51:25 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

Wow... Irish is exotic?

Exotic is a relative term, Asians are exotic to Europeons, Blondes are exotic to Asians, the Irish are exotic to Indians and so on and so forth.

#56 | Back to Top12-17-2006 06:32:16 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I'm a French-Canadian (half the fam genealogy) with Irish/something else (other half roots, a mix of everything) girl, 25, straight sex (but all strong emotional attachments are with women), middle-class, only child, hippi-Christian (like the love & moral code, ignore the unjust rules), Cancer, Cock, Blood type O-, loves spaghetti, animals, art & collecting candles. Live in the South, hate racism, sexism, homophobism, all other bad isms.... see it a lot. Very depressing, but I do what I can to stick up for human rights. Never met a real live Utena fan out on the streets, either. Thankfully, I found the series from an Ikuhara interview in Animerica 5 yr ago. Big fan, kept searching, 5 years later, found this lovely forum...

Maarika wrote:

And I love this forum. etc-love This is the best thing to happen to internet in a long time! I've been to so many forums and eventually most of them lost their politeness or turned into Spamfests. Also, this is one of the few forums I feel welcomed to and for some reason I come here waaaay too often. This is always the first place I visit when I'm online and it's so damn hard to stay away from here.

I second this! It's such an awesome place where everybody feels like friends. emot-keke

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#57 | Back to Top12-18-2006 12:10:31 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Frosty you make me swoon enough as it is. Now I find out you're French-Canadian? What's a boy to do?

#58 | Back to Top12-23-2006 08:54:28 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

I'm the stereotypical white young female.  23, German/Cajun-Frenc/Irish background, and all that good stuff.

I'd like to do more than just poke the white hetero males on this board.  I'd like to bottle them and mass-produce them.  I love my male anime friends who enjoy their standard shounen comedy fair, but a diehard fan of Utena they are not. ;_;

#59 | Back to Top12-23-2006 09:30:28 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Scortia wrote:

I'm the stereotypical white young female.  23, German/Cajun-French/Irish background, and all that good stuff.

I'd like to do more than just poke the white hetero males on this board.  I'd like to bottle them and mass-produce them.  I love my male anime friends who enjoy their standard shounen comedy fair, but a diehard fan of Utena they are not. ;_;

I guess most guys who do like anime don't usually enjoy shoujo series like Utena as much if it lack the female fanservice, but in this forum there are a few high-minded guys (with low-minded thoughts*heh*) who regularly post in 'The Rose Garden'

I am one of these guys that I have mentioned, even if I was originally a girl for a Baker's dozen years or so.

Last edited by Tamago (12-23-2006 09:33:26 PM)

#60 | Back to Top12-23-2006 09:52:10 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm glad you'd like to bottle me and mass-produce me. I'm sure that there are some other people on this board that would love you forever if you did. emot-biggrin

Board footer