This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-17-2010 07:10:42 PM

Alexa
Anthy Assailer

SKU fanbook project!

Hey all.  I wanted to spread the word about this and share my post from the #ShoujoKakumeiUtena group on deviantArt.

Hey dudes.  I posted a little bit about this in the previous blog and didn't get much response, but I was also pretty vague, which isn't the best way to encourage enthusiasm.  I'd still really like to do this, though, so I'm going to try to outline my idea more clearly and see if it generates interest.

Chiho Saito, original character designer, mangaka, and member of the Be-Papas creative team that developed Shoujo Kakumei Utena, is going to be a guest at Animazement 2010.  I think making an SKU fanbook to give to Ms. Saito as a gift would be a fun project.  If you want to say "thanks" to Ms. Saito for using her talents to help create such a great series (my favorite series ever, personally), maybe you'd like to participate?

There are a number of ways to contribute:
- create artwork to submit
- take a cosplay photograph to submit
- draw and/or write a short comic to submit
- draw and/or write "4-koma" or "newspaper-style" comic strips to submit

If you're more confident in your writing than your visual art skills, I'd hope I can offer the option of pairing with someone else to create a comic or comic strip submission.  You could pair up with someone on your own, or if you don't know anyone, perhaps I can work something out.  Let me know if you're interested!

Ideally, submissions would be created specifically with the fanbook's concept in mind.  I would like if we could all create something with the specific intent of giving them as a gift to Ms. Saito.  They don't all need the words "THANK YOU CHIHO-SAMA!!!!" emblazoned across the top or anything, but try to work with that concept while developing your idea. 

Feel free to make suggestions or comments on this plan!  If you have an idea for a submission that doesn't fall under any of the aforementioned categories, don't be afraid to run your idea past me! 

If you would like to participate, please comment or send me a message, and if you have any friends who are not part of this group that you think might like to contribute, please let them know!

I'll have more info soon (exact deadlines, submission guidelines in each category, etc.)!

#2 | Back to Top02-18-2010 12:58:28 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Re: SKU fanbook project!

I'll consider, because I'm lazy and overworked. :(
andnotthebiggestsaitofanbuthey.

#3 | Back to Top02-18-2010 11:56:42 AM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

O_O

It's almost possible for me to be there and do stuffs....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#4 | Back to Top03-04-2010 05:55:18 PM

Shoroie
Saionji Slapper
Website

I'll try to enter but my computer still not working correctly. Umm, I'll see what I can do.

Board footer