This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top04-23-2007 10:42:00 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Re: Report layout glitches, bugs, and forum meltdowns here!

...maybe that was all it needed? It's showing up fine now. That's weird. No more error messages either. emot-confused emot-confused emot-confused

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#52 | Back to Top04-23-2007 11:24:30 PM

Rushita
Rose Bride
Website

I just want to say poptartpoptartpoptart for "Signatures over 100px high will be deleted on sight" school-devil

I totally admire you for doing that.  I can't do that on the forum I moderate on.  I'm called "Siggy Police" and I literally do that, and we have the same signature rule.  Sometimes I can't get people to convince on the rule.  They also seem to have memory problem that they completely forget about that when they change their signature 6 months down the road.....  I'm getting tired of PM people over and over >.>

http://www.rushita.com/images/Logo6.jpg

#53 | Back to Top04-23-2007 11:33:22 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

morosemocha wrote:

...maybe that was all it needed? It's showing up fine now. That's weird. No more error messages either. emot-confused emot-confused emot-confused

It was probably cranky cause I deleted half a thread. I wouldn't worry now that it's backed up.

Rushita wrote:

I totally admire you for doing that.  I can't do that on the forum I moderate on.  I'm called "Siggy Police" and I literally do that, and we have the same signature rule.  Sometimes I can't get people to convince on the rule.  They also seem to have memory problem that they completely forget about that when they change their signature 6 months down the road.....  I'm getting tired of PM people over and over >.>

I like to see what people are saying. Mostly people are pretty okay about it here, but there were enough pm's about it that I just couldn't do it anymore. This is my relax place, like a lot of other people, and I just can't relax if I have to keep asking over and over.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#54 | Back to Top05-07-2007 07:34:16 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Hmm.. don't know if this is a one-time glitch that'll pass or what, but my "There are new messages" notification seems to be stuck on even after reading my new PMs. Usually it goes away once I've read them, but it's still there with no unread messages. emot-confused

Still there after logging out and now coming back...

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (05-07-2007 08:40:49 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#55 | Back to Top05-08-2007 12:32:03 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's possible that you accidentally missed a message in there? Try deleting your pm inbox? Weird...

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#56 | Back to Top05-08-2007 03:25:18 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

All fixed... apparently I hadn't read a message that I thought I did. emot-redface

All is well.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#57 | Back to Top05-08-2007 07:24:01 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I figured, I've had that happen a couple times. emot-smile

#58 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:32:16 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/RazaraNi/Vanish.jpg
IFD vanishes whenever I'm not logged on. emot-gonk

#59 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:36:20 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

It does that for me too. Since it is the IFD, I guess it was done on purpose..

#60 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:40:52 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Holy shit you guys caught on to that quick. emot-biggrin I was about to tell you. I'm trying out making IFD viewable only to forum members, since this would provide a bit of privacy for a part of the forum we're especially personal on. I was just trying it out to see how it'd go. Is there a problem for you guys with it being this way? I'll switch it back if there's a mutinous uprising. emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#61 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:44:22 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

It makes sense, but now it might be a little more difficult to see what's being posted if I have to log on every time I want to check the IFD.

I probably shouldn't have assumed that it was a glitch. It's not as though an entire section of the forum could vanish just like that. emot-gonk

#62 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:45:08 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I think that's a good idea. Who knows who could be lurking around those parts. emot-gonk

#63 | Back to Top05-15-2007 01:56:27 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Razara wrote:

It makes sense, but now it might be a little more difficult to see what's being posted if I have to log on every time I want to check the IFD.

That is the downside. I'm sniffing out whether it's big enough of one for people to have a problem with it before I make it permanent. It just seems to me that IFD would be better kept away from prying eyes, we are very personal on there, and having it totally invisible to guests would reduce the risk of people you don't want, say, finding out you're a lesbian, from finding out.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#64 | Back to Top05-15-2007 02:11:34 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

You could also use the "stay logged in" option in your profile so that you don't have to sign on to find out what's up in IFD.

#65 | Back to Top05-15-2007 02:40:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Giovanna wrote:

It just seems to me that IFD would be better kept away from prying eyes, we are very personal on there, and having it totally invisible to guests would reduce the risk of people you don't want, say, finding out you're a lesbian, from finding out.

Technically, they could find that out from the Sims threads, but I see your point. A lot of stuff in the IFD that we post is very personal.

And satyreyes, I had my account set to Auto Log-in for a little while once before, but it made it rather obvious just how obsessive-compulsive I am about checking if anything new has been posted on the forum. Next thing you know I'll be washing my hands 50 times a day.

#66 | Back to Top05-15-2007 04:08:24 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Razara wrote:

And satyreyes, I had my account set to Auto Log-in for a little while once before, but it made it rather obvious just how obsessive-compulsive I am about checking if anything new has been posted on the forum. Next thing you know I'll be washing my hands 50 times a day.

Haa, I'm obsessive-compulsive about it too, but I'm also very very lazy and can't be bothered to log in and out all the time. emot-tongue So there, I'd rather check the forum in every 15 minutes than bother to log in.

Oh, and I'm also in favor of keeping IFD out of reach for lurkers/stalkers/guests. That's uh...a special place for IRG members. school-devil

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#67 | Back to Top05-15-2007 05:17:37 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I started a new thread for this topic in IFD. Please post your opinions on it there. etc-love

#68 | Back to Top05-17-2007 05:12:35 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I'm trying to change my avatar, but it's not working. It's 100 by 100 and just under 10KB, too. I tried clicking "change avatar" and uploading it but it stayed with the old one, and then I tried deleting the old one and then uploading the new one, but it stayed with the old one again. emot-confused I'm not sure if this is new or not, but is there a way around it?

#69 | Back to Top05-17-2007 11:08:26 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Okay, now the icon works.. I don't know if it just took some time to work, or if one of the mods fixed it, but either way, yay and thank you. emot-keke

#70 | Back to Top05-17-2007 11:23:10 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Not a bug or a glich... more a go IRG!
When nothing else works or will let me log onto it (like google, or myspace, or random other websites,) this forum will stay strong for me.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#71 | Back to Top06-12-2007 03:42:07 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Lately I have had some error messages, something like the site lasted too much to load... but my connection was fine (all other windows were working without problems).

Also, I keep having the feeling that some posts appear and disappear... e.g. I was posting on the gripes thread, I previewed and it showed no more posts; then I submitted and there were 2 posts from five minutes before. I thought it was only me, but then re-reading the previous page of that thread I found a post I'm sure it wasn't there the last time I checked... and I'm also obsessive-compulsive on this, I always make sure I haven't forget to read an interesting post.

Is that paranoia, or has something to do with the loading of the page?

#72 | Back to Top06-12-2007 04:17:28 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Asfalolh wrote:

Lately I have had some error messages, something like the site lasted too much to load... but my connection was fine (all other windows were working without problems).

That happens to me sometimes, too. It's usually just when I'm bored and keep hitting, refresh, refresh, frefresh *Error* "Oh, fuck."

I noticed a glitch, but it's small enough that it doesn't really matter, and I actually find it to be rather interesting, but when you click on Hyacinth's profile next to the General SKUpidity thread, it links you to Shattered's profile.

#73 | Back to Top06-15-2007 07:31:55 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

....working on it. Also, I'm announcing that you guys may see some glitchy behavior from the forums-- appearances and disappearances and such-- later on tonight. DO NOT PANIC. Just wrap the towel around your head and it'll think it can't see you.

#74 | Back to Top06-15-2007 08:11:42 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Oooh, now I'm excited...and how do you fix that thing where it keeps telling me I've got messages?

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#75 | Back to Top06-15-2007 08:17:57 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Most often, that means you have a private message that you accidentally skimmed over. Check your messages, all of them since the last time you remember not having that alert.

Board footer