This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top12-22-2012 01:19:40 PM

Honey Bear
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Re: The Ends of the World bring you The End of the World

Thanks for a great Night Florence! Although I couldn't stay to the end because of the time zone differences, it was really good. And I agree The A Man that we definitely have to think of an excuse to run something like this again! emot-dance

#52 | Back to Top12-22-2012 10:05:00 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Hey, if you ever do this again, I think I have a copy of the musical lying around someplace... not that I would know how to get it to you easily, what with megaupload still being totally dead and all.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#53 | Back to Top12-23-2012 08:50:30 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

At some point during the stream, there was the song "Rolling in the Deep". I just want to share this version of the remix with you guys because I heard it a few months back, but couldn't remember what the song was called, until I saw the AMV on Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDjeY72KaSo

#54 | Back to Top12-23-2012 10:17:00 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun producing all of it.

Sorry for not having the whole musical, but I just couldn't find a complete one out there. I'd love to see the whole thing (as I'm sure others would too), if anyone does happen to have it.

I'll have to upload the beginning custom intro, if you all really want it. The last portion of the show, starting with the end of episode 13 and running until the end (including the AMVs, SKUPID, and the last 4 episodes) is uploaded. The link is the same, and I think it'll be up for a month or so.

#55 | Back to Top12-23-2012 12:48:07 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I miiight have the musical somewhere in its horrific out of tune glory. If I run into the whole thing, i'll let you guys know. (I do remember youtube having like.. 95% of it at least previously though too. Dunno if it still does though.)

#56 | Back to Top12-23-2012 10:29:44 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

I will say this about the musical: the actress playing Anthy is hot. 'nuff said.

#57 | Back to Top12-24-2012 12:57:17 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Well, I dunno about that, but she IS the only one that can sing. (I personally am glad she's the only one on the soundtrack.) Well, and Juri I guess. But she's like, Sailor Uranus, so I'm probably biased.

I can never unsee the ChuChu man though. Never. *cries*

#58 | Back to Top12-24-2012 01:48:37 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Bah!

I love that musical. I think the singing is frequently off but enthusiastic, the music is catchy, and yes, the actress doing Anthy is all sorts of crushworthy hawtness.

I have it (and another one, which, I guess? isn't legitimately staged) in flv format, but they're in the States far away from me.

Last edited by Decrescent Daytripper (12-24-2012 01:49:47 AM)

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#59 | Back to Top12-24-2012 12:19:02 PM

The_A_Man
Someday Shiner
Website

I will agree also that Anthy was the best singer there, but I don't think that anyone was awful. While most of them did have room for improvement, I didn't think anyone was too off.

I also have to agree with allegoriest that ChuChu was just... emot-aaa. That and Grandma Dios and Short Akio... Can never unsee...

#60 | Back to Top12-24-2012 10:17:09 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Also: Musical!Wakaba -- adorable. etc-love

#61 | Back to Top12-25-2012 02:13:36 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

They're so cute and the songs are so earwormy I want to snuggle slash defend all of them tooth and nail. Even Grandma.

A billion Sailor Moon and Sakura Taisen musicals combined with three billion kids' performances and actual Broadway performances have curbed any critical insistence in me that every performance, every musical, be of mythically Broadway standards. Somewhere between "Minami Kaze Go Go", Urine Good Company, and the eleventh time I heard "O Captain! My Captain" or a strings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in a single sitting, I developed the ability to fully appreciate sexy Anthy singing and genki genki cute as a bug Wakaba and the beach ball and heel-tapping.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

Board footer