This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-31-2007 10:19:24 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Prepare Yourself...

http://www.col-holderith-lauterbourg.ac-strasbourg.fr/IMG/gif/poisson_avril02_nb.gif

Poisson d'Avril!!!

...or as I like to call it... April Fish Day!

As for me, I'll be having a hijinks-free April first since I am staying in all day. emot-redface

(and please tell me I'm not the only one who knows about this...) emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#2 | Back to Top04-01-2007 12:53:50 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: Prepare Yourself...

I've heard of the tradition, though it's not practiced in my neck of the woods.

I have to work tomorrow (today in some timezones I suppose). I hope nobody pulls anything on me.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#3 | Back to Top04-01-2007 07:31:36 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YES! A favorite of mine. I love playing harmless pranks. Each year I would call my father, "I'm pregnant!" since I was like 16, and he would fall for it every time. No one has ever scammed me really good, that I can think of. Anyone else a prankster?

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#4 | Back to Top04-01-2007 12:48:16 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Oh, I forgot. we don't celebrate aprils fool day here.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#5 | Back to Top04-01-2007 01:39:37 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

april what?
im kidding..its not really a holliday or anything. just an exscuse to annoy everyone.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#6 | Back to Top04-01-2007 06:09:22 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I don't have anybody TO scam today. I'm inside writing this damn paper. emot-mad

#7 | Back to Top04-01-2007 06:49:20 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'm kind of disappointed that April Fool's Day wasn't on a weekday this year. I'm sure that the kids at my school would have done something crazy.

When my sister and I were in second grade, we switched classes on April Fool's Day. Luckily the students were in on it, so they helped me overcome obstacles such as trying to figure out where my desk was. >.> Yes, twins switching places is seen all the time on TV, but it certainly was an interesting experience.

#8 | Back to Top04-01-2007 07:33:14 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Razara wrote:

I'm kind of disappointed that April Fool's Day wasn't on a weekday this year. I'm sure that the kids at my school would have done something crazy.

When my sister and I were in second grade, we switched classes on April Fool's Day. Luckily the students were in on it, so they helped me overcome obstacles such as trying to figure out where my desk was. >.> Yes, twins switching places is seen all the time on TV, but it certainly was an interesting experience.

Wow! How awesome, Razara! Do you keep a journal of your experiences? I think it would be a great story, just in general, listening to the descriptions of the events of a day like that! emot-keke

Here are some good school/work pranks to try:
Cover the toilet seat with saran wrap!
Those plastic cups, fill with water & prick tiny holes around the rim so that when someone drinks they will dribble!
Don't like your principal or boss? Make a sign for their car which reads "For Sale (insert absurdly cheap price and the corresponding number of your school or boss extension)"

For Family Members & Slumber Parties:
There's the old, wait until they are sleeping and dip their hand into a bucket of warm water thinking it will make them wet themselves - but I have tried this - it does not work! What does work, is putting the shaving cream or whipped cream and tickling them until they smear themselves with the goo. If you love/like the person, use whipped cream - because shaving cream stings their eyes!

What I LOVE personally, for prank tips: www.phonelosersofamerica.org

These PLA guys are hilarious! They are very big on prank calling, using pay phones for free, taking over the Wal-mart intercoms, posting signs on drive through board that said "Sing a song for free meal" and videotaping the results. They are FUNNY - and not too mean, just random jokes! I've been reading their website for years, and now it's full of advertisements & junk, but if you search for the funny stuff, you will find yourself laughing for HOURS! I've made lots of prank calls (when I was a teen) inspired by these guys. Like the show, Crank Yankers, come to life.

My pranks all failed today. Better luck next year! emot-biggrin

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

#9 | Back to Top04-01-2007 09:47:10 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I personally hate April Fool's Day and hate the stuypid, insesnitive BELIEVABLE pranks some of my friends in college would play one me.  I don't take kindly to them.  Thankfully I have better quality friends now.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#10 | Back to Top04-01-2007 10:33:08 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

angelicreation wrote:

I personally hate April Fool's Day and hate the stuypid, insesnitive BELIEVABLE pranks some of my friends in college would play one me.  I don't take kindly to them.  Thankfully I have better quality friends now.

Sorry to hear your bad experiences with the holiday, angelicreation! ;_; What a horrible abuse of a really fun day to playfully tease one another! I personally don't play meanie jokes. Just funny ones, that give everyone a good laugh in the end!

BAD EXAMPLE:

Meanie- Sorry man, I don't know how to tell you this, but I ran over your cat!
Victim - :cries:
Meanie - Heh. APRIL FOOLS! emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad

GOOD EXAMPLE:
Pretending you are going to miss close relative's birthday, calling them on the phone to console them, whilst you had secretly driven the 12 hour drive to their home and were standing outside the door all the while, to suddenly burst in with hugs and gifts! emot-keke

#11 | Back to Top04-02-2007 02:46:13 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Hilarious and well done pranks are one thing, but unfortunately most of the April Fool's pranks I've experienced have been incredibly lame and unclever.

"HAY ROSE COULD YOU OPEN THIS JAR FOR ME?"
"Eh, do it yourself"
"PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
"Why?"
"YOU HAVE TO HE THE ONE THAT DOES ITTTT"
::opens jar, fake snake pops out"
"OMG YOU MOVED YOUR HEAD YOU FALLD FOR IT"
"That's a relflex...?"

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#12 | Back to Top04-02-2007 08:14:55 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I read this title and thought the thread would be about Quills.

Marquis de Sade wrote:

Prepare yourself for the most impure tale ever to spring from the mind of man.

And then all the crazies butcher his 'glorious prose'. I love that movie. etc-love

Also, I hate pranks. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#13 | Back to Top04-02-2007 08:28:53 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

My friend Tara got me good. Not like, it's funny good, but like, I really believed her good. She called and was talking nervously, like she really didn't want to tell me something. I forced her to, and she said that she was dating that ex-boyfriend that I had to beat the shit out of again. I was so mad, you don't even know. I mean, what if your friend was dating some guy who cheated on her, numerous times, talked about her being a slut all over the school, and then she went back out with him? That'd make you mad, too. God, I was so pissed off. And she let me believe it for like, 20 minutes! Ohhhhhh emot-mad

"emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad UGH! GOD! WHY TARA? WHY?! I HAVE TO PUNCH SOMETHING NOW, OOOAAAHHHHHOHHH emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad "
"...Hey, Kate?"
"emot-mad WHAT?!!!!! emot-mad"
"April Fools!"
"emot-mad*line goes dead*emot-mad"

I don't want to say I don't have a sense of humor...but that wasn't funny. I'm still a little mad about it.

Last edited by dollface (04-02-2007 08:30:34 AM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#14 | Back to Top04-02-2007 09:18:58 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

I can understand.

Srsly, doing stuff like that is waay out of line. 

I can't stand it when people do bad April Fish jokes.

Although, here's one that I did...

"HEYHEYHEY!!! OHNOEZ!!! GUESS WHUT SEN??"
"...what?"
"I GOTS ME A SASUKE COSTUME!!! LOLOLOL!!!! SASUKE SO HAWT!!!!"
"...??????????????????"
"I JOINED A SASUKE LOVE CLUB!!! YAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sasuke is my lover but he don't know it yet."
"are you high?"
"HIGH ON CHAKRALOLZ!!!1"
"I... uh... I have nothing to say."
"GUESS WHUT THE BEST PART IS????"
"..................what................"
"APRIL FOOLS!!!! HAWHAHWHHAWW!!!"
"...idiot..."

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#15 | Back to Top04-02-2007 06:39:47 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I told my family that I'd killed my boss... it was mildly amusing but they knew I hadn't killed him, so...

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#16 | Back to Top04-02-2007 06:48:34 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Frosty wrote:

Wow! How awesome, Razara! Do you keep a journal of your experiences? I think it would be a great story, just in general, listening to the descriptions of the events of a day like that! emot-keke

It was years ago, so I don't remember all of the details. But I did find out that my sister's second grade class was much more fun than mine. emot-frown

The only April Fool's Day joke that was pulled on me yesterday was one on an MMORPG called Dragon Realms. I had only just rejoined for the first time in months, and suddenly an announcement came on that said, "As of today, all profanity words such as "Jee willickers," will result in a warning, as well as any other word beginning with the letter, "J." For a moment, I thought that they were serious, since I wasn't very familiar with how things worked. For all I knew, people had been using them in replace of swears, or something. Then a mentor that was helping me told me that it was just a joke. ._.

#17 | Back to Top04-04-2007 02:43:06 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Razara wrote:

That sounds cool in fact i would do that if i had a twin a lot emot-biggrin and as for April Fools day i do not take pranks well at all.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

Board footer