This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-18-2011 11:01:43 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

[AMV] Our Love is Forever (Dueling Game)

The Dueling Game in Utena where the duelists fight for eternity, their "shining thing", and to gain access to the heart they love. I thought it was time to try an action amv with epic over-the-top emotion, and what better but the Twilight soundtrack. school-devil

Sidenote: It's interesting that by trying to "take" the hearts that they love the various duelists always end up losing. Only Utena (eventually) gives her heart (maybe even in a literal and/or physical sense) and ends up winning.

Music: Neutron Star Collision by Muse
Genre: Dance
Focus: The heartache and climaxes of the dueling game

Find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5tBZVXGQcQ

#2 | Back to Top05-19-2011 09:44:00 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Re: [AMV] Our Love is Forever (Dueling Game)

etc-love Muse, etc-love your videos, etc-love this AMV.

On a side note, a fair number of songs from the Absolution album sound to me like they'd make great Utena AMV material as well...

(Adolescence) Apocalypse Please

Butterflies and Hurricanes (Ode to Utena)

(Juri's) Time is Running Out

Sing for Absolution (Also Juri-centric)

Then again I also think... well, actually just about any song off that album would work, I just listed the most fitting ones I could come up with atm.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#3 | Back to Top05-21-2011 07:14:14 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Have been listening to Muse and hey those are some good suggestions, Chrome. poptart I think I might do one or two, thanks...although I've always thought of "Time is Running Out" as a Mikage song (and have an unfinished amv to that effect).

#4 | Back to Top05-21-2011 04:32:51 PM

Chrome Homura

Thanks emot-biggrin

Really? I guess now that you point it out that perspective could make sense as well, but while part of the song doesn't jump out at me as having appropriate Juri/Shiori context to fit perfectly, the second verse in particular is what sells it for me:

I wanted freedom
bound and restricted
I tried to give you up
but I'm addicted
now that you know I'm trapped
sense of elation
you'd never dream of breaking this fixation

Those just scream episode 17 in my mind's eye. Most specifically the last three lines, those just fit so perfectly with Shiori finding the locket, her scene in the elevator, and finally the awakened Duelist seeking out Juri and flaunting her newfound "power".

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#5 | Back to Top05-24-2013 12:43:53 AM

Riddle of Epicurus
Miki Molester

aaaaaaaaaugh it's been taken down emot-gonk

#6 | Back to Top05-24-2013 02:49:50 AM

Chrome Homura

...Thank you for bumping a thread containing one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever written in my history at this forum emot-gonk

Speaking of which, sharnii? If you happen to catch a glance at this, please accept my apology for shoving my idea in your face so inconsiderately. It wasn't until I noticed weeks later I hadn't received a response that I actually looked at it again, and fuck if it isn't painful to do so. In my short-sighted excitement I demonstrated a distinct lack of tact in my writing, and nothing is more shameful to me than knowing I can't fix that kind of mistake.

That said, once again... I'm terribly sorry about that.

#7 | Back to Top08-04-2013 01:15:25 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

It's been taken down? No! emot-gonk Youtube seems to do this randomly and fairly consistenly. I never know which video it's gonna be next...

And not to worry, Chrome. I can't see anything wrong in your previous comment - I didn't find it offensive in any way. Your Juri/Shiori idea makes sense to me. emot-keke So not to worry! But thanks for having the bravery to apologise, I admire that.

#8 | Back to Top08-05-2013 03:58:05 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hey guys, I love you! etc-love

Also, is it possible to upload the vid again? This is one of the ones I never saw... emot-frown

Edit: Also, sharnii, I saw you did an Akio vid for Monster, but I've also got an idea for an AMV for that song. What's the etiquette for this, on the off chance that I ever try to make the AMV?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top06-16-2014 09:03:17 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

No ettiquette Yasha, in my opinion.

Go ahead and make it! I believe fandom exists so we can all create and co-create madly and enjoy our creations together.

Thus we're likely to use the similar or same inspirations. Ideas are built upon ideas upon ideas. etc-love

BTW the video is still active in my country (Australia). So I'm guessing youtube's only removed it from certain countires? Where else would I upload it too ... I don't want to get banned and have to open new accounts. Too much work!

#10 | Back to Top07-31-2014 12:34:38 AM

Riddle of Epicurus
Miki Molester

You should just put up an archive of all your vids on some cyberlocker, password protected and named something innocuous so hopefully it doesn't get noticed by the copyright gestapo. Then put the password here in image form so only registered members can see it.

BTW, there's another video that got pulled that I really liked and would love to see again.  I'm not sure if it was one of yours though.  It was mainly footage from the movie, set to Bruce Springsteen's "Tramps Like Us."

Board footer