This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-18-2008 02:58:58 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Virtual Star Embryology - Character Guide

From now on, the original VSE topic will only be used to alert readers to changes in the story format, progress in story creation, and when they will be posted on fanfiction.net which might not be for a while. This new topic will be a character guide to give readers a look at the original characters, returning characters from SKU, and characters from different series who will be appearing. If you are confused by anything, please post a topic or send me a message and I will clarify. I suppose it's my own fault for all the revisions I've been making. Today, I will start with the main duelists, Ohtori and of my own creation.

-Original Duelists-
Ebony Dent: A seventeen year old vigilante of ambiguos sexual preference bordering on bi, driven by past scars created by her psychotic stepmother.
Rose Color: Red.
Drive to Duel: To bring justice to the world she lives in/To protect her friends.

Ginger Anderson: A sixteen year old mutant with the power to control earth-born elements who was given a sense of abandonment when the boy she loved disappeared three years ago.
Rose Color: Orange
Drive to Duel: To find true love at last/To protect her friends.

Gold Shawson: A fourteen year old witch whose parents abandoned her when she was a child.
Rose Color: Yellow.
Drive to Duel: To make everyone a witch or wizard/To protect her friend, Nicole.

Michelle St. Clair: A fifteen year old girl of Arabic and French descent who was sent to an internment camp where she lost all feeling in her right arm during an interrogation process.
Rose Color: Green.
Drive to Duel: To bring peace to her world/To protect her friends.

Andromeda Ariel: A thirteen year old girl trapped in a cyborg body for over forty years.
Rose Color: Blue.
Drive to Duel: To regain her human body and get on with her life/To protect her friends.

Celia Cortez: An eighteen year old half-vampire whose sister was killed because of a curse created by the Fear Family.
Rose Color: Violet.
Drive to Duel: To find her sister's stolen body and bring her back to life/To protect her friends.

-Ohtori Duelists-
Keiko Sonoda: A thirteen year old student at Ohtori Academy with an ax to grind against those who look down on her.
Rose Color: Wine red.
Drive to Duel: To be treated like an equal instead of like a parasite.

Shiori Takatsuki: A fourteen year old student at Ohtori Academy who is innocently cruel.
Rose Color: Maroon.
Drive to Duel: To be rid of the antagonism between her and Juri Arisugawa and finally make amends.

Mitsuru Tsuwabuki: An eight year old student at Ohtori Academy whose parents are currently going through a bitter divorce.
Rose Color: Dark yellow.
Drive to Duel: To remain a child forever and not deal with adult problems.

Wakaba Shinohara: A happy-go-lucky girl at Ohtori Academy who has gotten over her inferiority complex.
Rose Color: Golden brown.
Drive to Duel: To find her best friend, Utena Tenjou, because she feels guility for not helping her in the past.

Kozue Kaoru: The malicious twin sister of prodigy Miki Kaoru, who is transferring to Harvard College next fall for his advanced studies.
Rose Color: Royal blue.
Drive to Duel: To destroy the bond she has with Miki and build a new one from scratch, one where she is in control.

Kanae Ohtori: The daughter of the Chairman of Ohtori Academy and fiancee to the acting chairman, Akio Ohtori.
Rose Color: Faded pale green.
Drive to Duel: To be finally free of the roles her parents give her and the academy all together.

Chigusa Sanjouin: Transfer student from the Ohtori campus in Amsterdam and co-conspirator with End of the World.
Rose Color: Cyan.
Drive to Duel: To gain the power to revolutionize the world and prove her superiority to those she deems are beneath her.

-The Villain Duelists-
The Villain Duelists are twisted, bitter people chosen by End of the World to test the six originals, but they don't know that.

Marcie Cooper of Earth-22: Marcie Cooper, a.k.a. Harlequin III, is an evil psychopath with no regard for life. She is Ebony Dent's stepmother.
Drive to Duel: To finalize her revenge against her stepdaughter.
Special Note: Marcie Cooper was created by Roy Thomas

Hypnotia: Hypnotia is a woman with the ability to mesmerize anyone and anything; she looks down upon the incompotent fools she has to work with.
Rose Color: Scarlet.
Drive to Duel: Hunger for power.
Special Note: Hypnotia was created by Stan Lee.

-The Originals Rose Brides-
Nicole de Laurette: The fourteen year old daughter of a pure-blood wizard family who looks down on her family's prejudice, mainly because she knows the family secret.
Duelist: Gold Shawson.
Drive: A vow that the two would always help the other should either get in trouble.

Ruka: One of the only known DOLLs in existence after the dissolution of the SG Corporation, the blue-haired Ruka was discovered by Andromeda Ariel forty years ago.
Duelist: Andromeda Ariel.
Drive: Ruka is completely obedient to her, yet she views him as her love and not her servant.
Special Note: The SG Corporation was created by Mitsukazu Mihara.

-The Ohtori Rose Brides-
Mari Hozumi: An elementary school student who is one year older then Mitsuru Tsuwabuki.
Duelist: Mitsuru Tsuwabuki.
Drive: To try and talk him back to conventional logic.

-The Villain Rose Brides-
Gleen of New Earth: Gleen is a member of the Kroloteans, a gremlin-like alien race who are responsible for messing with the evolutionary patterns of over a thousand different species. Among his race, Gleen is considered the cruelest.
Duelist: Marcie Cooper.
Drive: Both share a twisted love of being cruel towards unsuspecting innocents, and enjoy wreaking havoc.
Special Note I: Gleen was created by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver.

Dreadknight: A Latverian scientist named Bram Velsing whose face was grafted onto a skull-shaped biomask. He now serves the Mandarian, and creates terror and chaos atop his steed, the Hellhorse.
Duelist: Hypnotia.
Drive: He is completely devoted to her.
Special Note: Dreadknight was created by Bill Mantlo and George Tuska

-The Shadow Girls-
The Shadows Girls are the five girls who seem to know all about the duels, despite never being around to interact with the characters that much. However, their purpose is far greater than anyone could ever guess. Amongst the hundreds of Shadow Girls that there are, the most recognizable are A-Ko, B-Ko, C-Ko, E-Ko, and F-Ko. Ironically, the three serve as a reference to the anime series Project A-Ko, a parody of anime itself.

Last edited by XHelios6 (01-25-2008 06:51:32 PM)

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

#2 | Back to Top01-21-2008 05:20:48 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Re: Virtual Star Embryology - Character Guide

Ebony Dent

Hi everyone! Here's a little something about myself. I'd tell more, but the writer doesn't want me telling you all of me secrets, the spoil sport.

Alter-Egos: X (for now emot-wink)
Birthday: April 17th
Blood Type: A
Hair: Jet Black
Eyes: Olive Green
Height: 5'7
Weight: Deleted by order of Government Man emot-biggrin

Talents: Holding my breath for a long time, natural perserverance, beating up bad guys.
Hobbies: Reading Shakespeare, working out, collecting t-shirts.
Likes: Black orchids etc-love, vegetarian meals, junk food, Angel Love.
Dislikes: People who would hurt children (except for that creepy Anthony kid), meat, convaluted plans, when I let my temper get the best of me or when I'm dishonest emot-redface

Motto: If it's a big mess, someone's gotta clean it up

Last edited by XHelios6 (03-30-2008 05:46:01 PM)

#3 | Back to Top01-27-2008 10:27:28 AM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Ginger Anderson

It took the writer long enough to finish my chapter. But I don't know if I can wait for part seven that long...

Alter-Egos: None
Birthday: October 19th
Blood Type: B
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'5
Weight: I don't think that's any of your business.

Talents: Singing, the ability to manipulate and control all encompassing elements born of the Earth to some degree
Hobbies: Shopping
Likes: Ray Crisp, SKU News, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, magnolias
Dislikes: Ray Crisp, Doreen, manipulative people, the racist crows from Dumbo, when situations get out of control

Motto: We all need a prince, even if we have to make one ourselves

Last edited by XHelios6 (02-18-2008 11:03:09 PM)

#4 | Back to Top02-18-2008 11:02:42 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Gold Shawson

The writer couldn't wait to do mine

Alter-Egos: None
Birthday: August 30th
Blood Type: AB
Hair: Black
Eyes: Golden Brown
Height: 5'3
Weight: Haven't weighed myself lately

Talents: Naturally enhancing spells that involve fire or light
Hobbies: Cooking
Likes: Black-eyes susans, the summer, being outside in the day, being able to help my best friend
Dislikes: Biased people, not being able to cook during the school year, being a burden to my loved ones

Motto: We're only as strong as the friends we keep

#5 | Back to Top06-26-2008 01:32:25 AM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

XHelios6 wrote:

From now on, the original VSE topic will only be used to alert readers to changes in the story format, progress in story creation, and when they will be posted on fanfiction.net which might not be for a while. This new topic will be a character guide to give readers a look at the original characters, returning characters from SKU, and characters from different series who will be appearing. If you are confused by anything, please post a topic or send me a message and I will clarify. I suppose it's my own fault for all the revisions I've been making. Today, I will start with the main duelists, Ohtori and of my own creation.

-Original Duelists-
Ebony Dent: A seventeen year old vigilante of ambiguos sexual preference bordering on bi, driven by past scars created by her psychotic stepmother.
Rose Color: Red.
Drive to Duel: To bring justice to the world she lives in/To protect her friends.

Ginger Anderson: A sixteen year old mutant with the power to control earth-born elements who was given a sense of abandonment when the boy she loved disappeared three years ago.
Rose Color: Orange
Drive to Duel: To find true love at last/To protect her friends.

Gold Shawson: A fourteen year old witch whose parents abandoned her when she was a child.
Drive to Duel: To make everyone a witch or wizard/To protect her friend, Nicole.

Michelle St. Clair: A fifteen year old girl of Arabic and French descent who was sent to an internment camp where she lost all feeling in her right arm during an interrogation process.
Rose Color: Green.
Drive to Duel: To bring peace to her world/To protect her friends.

Andromeda Ariel: A thirteen year old girl trapped in a cyborg body for over forty years.
Rose Color: Blue.
Drive to Duel: To regain her human body and get on with her life/To protect her friends.

Celia Cortez: An eighteen year old half-vampire whose sister was killed because of a curse created by the Fear Family.
Rose Color: Violet.
Drive to Duel: To find her sister's stolen body and bring her back to life/To protect her friends.

-Ohtori Duelists-
Keiko Sonoda: A thirteen year old student at Ohtori Academy with an ax to grind against those who look down on her.
Rose Color: Wine red.
Drive to Duel: To be treated like an equal instead of like a parasite.

Shiori Takatsuki: A fourteen year old student at Ohtori Academy who is innocently cruel.
Rose Color: Maroon.
Drive to Duel: To be rid of the antagonism between her and Juri Arisugawa and finally make amends.

Mitsuru Tsuwabuki: An eight year old student at Ohtori Academy whose parents are currently going through a bitter divorce.
Rose Color: Dark yellow.
Drive to Duel: To remain a child forever and not deal with adult problems.

Wakaba Shinohara: A happy-go-lucky girl at Ohtori Academy who has gotten over her inferiority complex.
Rose Color: Golden brown.
Drive to Duel: To find her best friend, Utena Tenjou, because she feels guility for not helping her in the past.

Kozue Kaoru: The malicious twin sister of prodigy Miki Kaoru, who is transferring to Harvard College next fall for his advanced studies.
Rose Color: Royal blue.
Drive to Duel: To destroy the bond she has with Miki and build a new one from scratch, one where she is in control.

Kanae Ohtori: The daughter of the Chairman of Ohtori Academy and fiancee to the acting chairman, Akio Ohtori.
Rose Color: Faded pale green.
Drive to Duel: To be finally free of the roles her parents give her and the academy all together.

Chigusa Sanjouin: Transfer student from the Ohtori campus in Amsterdam and co-conspirator with End of the World.
Rose Color: Cyan.
Drive to Duel: To gain the power to revolutionize the world and prove her superiority to those she deems are beneath her.

-The Villain Duelists-
The Villain Duelists are twisted, bitter people chosen by End of the World to test the six originals, but they don't know that.

Marcie Cooper of Earth-22: Marcie Cooper, a.k.a. Harlequin III, is an evil psychopath with no regard for life. She is Ebony Dent's stepmother.
Drive to Duel: To finalize her revenge against her stepdaughter.
Special Note: Marcie Cooper was created by Roy Thomas

Hypnotia: Hypnotia is a woman with the ability to mesmerize anyone and anything; she looks down upon the incompotent fools she has to work with.
Rose Color: Scarlet.
Drive to Duel: Hunger for power.
Special Note: Hypnotia was created by Stan Lee.

-The Originals Rose Brides-
Nicole de Laurette: The fourteen year old daughter of a pure-blood wizard family who looks down on her family's prejudice, mainly because she knows the family secret.
Duelist: Gold Shawson.
Drive: A vow that the two would always help the other should either get in trouble.

Ruka: One of the only known DOLLs in existence after the dissolution of the SG Corporation, the blue-haired Ruka was discovered by Andromeda Ariel forty years ago.
Duelist: Andromeda Ariel.
Drive: Ruka is completely obedient to her, yet she views him as her love and not her servant.
Special Note: The SG Corporation was created by Mitsukazu Mihara.

-The Ohtori Rose Brides-
Mari Hozumi: An elementary school student who is one year older then Mitsuru Tsuwabuki.
Duelist: Mitsuru Tsuwabuki.
Drive: To try and talk him back to conventional logic.

-The Villain Rose Brides-
Gleen of New Earth: Gleen is a member of the Kroloteans, a gremlin-like alien race who are responsible for messing with the evolutionary patterns of over a thousand different species. Among his race, Gleen is considered the cruelest.
Duelist: Marcie Cooper.
Drive: Both share a twisted love of being cruel towards unsuspecting innocents, and enjoy wreaking havoc.
Special Note I: Gleen was created by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. XXXXX

Dreadknight: A Latverian scientist named Bram Velsing whose face was grafted onto a skull-shaped biomask. He now serves the Mandarian, and creates terror and chaos atop his steed, the Hellhorse.
Duelist: Hypnotia.
Drive: He is completely devoted to her.
Special Note: Dreadknight was created by Bill Mantlo and George Tuska

-The Shadow Girls-
The Shadows Girls are the five girls who seem to know all about the duels, despite never being around to interact with the characters that much. However, their purpose is far greater than anyone could ever guess. Amongst the hundreds of Shadow Girls that there are, the most recognizable are A-Ko, B-Ko, C-Ko, E-Ko, and F-Ko. Ironically, the three serve as a reference to the anime series Project A-Ko, a parody of anime itself.

Gleen is gone.

Board footer