This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-17-2007 04:34:46 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Astrology: It's All in the Stars

I figured it was time for an Western(standard) astrology thread. I've been into it since I was 12 or 13, and never really got out of it. I don't take the actual horoscope part of it seriously, but I'm more into the personality aspect of it.(Which is why I'm going to make an SKU astrology thread later.) I am a Virgo, the anal-retentive virgin...but with mild Leo tendencies from being born so early in the sign. (my theory, anyway.)

If you want to read a detailed description of your sign, go here: http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm

If you want to find out what this all has to do with sex, let me know and I'll make an IFD thread for the hat trick.

I had my birth chart done at this site. It's free, and it's damn quick. However, it does warn you that there are 30 different House systems, so all charts aren't the same.

My Natal Chart wrote:

Rising Sign is in 02 Degrees Cancer
Very sensitive by nature, you prefer to be in your own familiar surroundings. Cautious and conservative, you make changes in your life only very slowly, if at all. You do not open up easily to strangers. Friendships are made for life, however -- once given, your trust is forever. Your mother, your home as a child and your early family life in general are very important to you. You are also very sentimental. When you feel self- confident, you are gentle, giving and protective of the needs of others. But when you feel insecure or threatened, you become overly sensitive to criticism, shy, withdrawn and moody. You have a strong need for security -- in the sense that you are being loved, nourished and protected.

Sun is in 05 Degrees Virgo.
Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 04 Degrees Aries.
High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out." You sometimes act before you think and do things on the spur of the moment, and that sometimes gets you into trouble. Your moods change quickly -- you have quite a temper, but you don't hold grudges. Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality, you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.

Mercury is in 06 Degrees Virgo.
Very thorough and efficient, you pay attention to the minor but important details of any project. You are a careful thinker who can learn complicated, intricate techniques. You are attracted to practical, useful skills and are probably good at working with your hands. You are very critical of yourself and others, sometimes too much so, and you get the reputation of being a nag or of being nit-picky. Your first reaction to any situation is to try to organize, classify and analyze everything!

Venus is in 19 Degrees Cancer.
You like to be very close to other people. You need emotional support yourself and are willing to give it to others. When you feel unloved and insecure, you can be very jealous and possessive. You are not interested in casual or superficial relationships -- only deep emotional involvements interest you. Your faithful devotion is one of your greatest gifts, but be careful not to become too dependent on others. Learn to stand on your own two feet and demand your own rights once in a while.

Mars is in 29 Degrees Libra.
You are very aware of the need to cooperate with others in order to further any effort. You are usually willing to compromise with others, although you can be quite competitive in a friendly way. Very fair- minded and impartial, you have the ability to sense injustice and the desire to take corrective actions to make proper compensations. You see both sides of issues and questions, but you tend to be undecided or wavering when forced to make choices that might make you vulnerable or unpopular.

Jupiter is in 17 Degrees Virgo.
You feel most expansive and at ease with yourself when you are doing something that you consider to be practical or useful. You enjoy being dutiful and carrying out responsibilities. You gladly take on the little tasks that others seem to want to avoid. At times, you carry things to extremes and feel guilty anytime you do something that you consider to be self-indulgent. While it is appropriate for you to demand little for yourself in life, try to loosen up once in a while -- go out on a fling and enjoy yourself!

Saturn is in 27 Degrees Virgo.
Your life must be orderly and practical and full of known and familiar routines in order for you to feel comfortable with yourself. Be careful, however, not to let "order" become the be-all and end-all of your life, or you may become cold, crass and unfeeling. Doing useful, practical things boosts your self- esteem. Abstract concepts and reasoning seem frivolous and a waste of time to you. You are very critical of yourself (and others), indeed at times quite self-deprecating. Try to relax a bit and allow yourself the freedom to fail once in a while. However, you probably won't fail very often because you are such a perfectionist.

Uranus is in 21 Degrees Scorpio.
You, and your peer group, demand to confront life at its deepest and most meaningful levels. Very compulsive and obsessive in your approach to everything, you will avoid anything that is casual or superficial, especially when it comes to relationships. You will seek out and explore new methods of healing as well as different ways to deal with deep-seated emotional problems.

Neptune is in 19 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 19 Degrees Libra.
For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 20 Degrees Leo.
You prefer to take the leadership role when it comes to dealing with others. You enjoy administering and organizing group activities. Others tend to listen to your suggestions because you aren't usually overly domineering or patronizing in your interactions. You love to entertain in a big way -- you're at your best when throwing a large and lavish party. Your popularity and social success are assured as long as you don't take others for granted -- resist the temptation to become snobbish and arrogant.

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (05-17-2007 04:56:00 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#2 | Back to Top05-17-2007 04:39:31 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Re: Astrology: It's All in the Stars

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Rising Sign is in 02 Degrees Cancer
Very sensitive by nature, you prefer to be in your own familiar surroundings. Cautious and conservative, you make changes in your life only very slowly, if at all. You do not open up easily to strangers. Friendships are made for life, however -- once given, your trust is forever. Your mother, your home as a child and your early family life in general are very important to you. You are also very sentimental. When you feel self- confident, you are gentle, giving and protective of the needs of others. But when you feel insecure or threatened, you become overly sensitive to criticism, shy, withdrawn and moody. You have a strong need for security -- in the sense that you are being loved, nourished and protected.

Well it's almost true, but true enough to be creepy!

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#3 | Back to Top05-17-2007 05:27:49 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

All the stuff that is in bold strongly fits me.
All the stuff in italics doesn't fit me too well if at all.

Rising Sign is in 05 Degrees Sagittarius
You are known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest. At times, though, you are also blunt and quite indiscreet. Others have to learn not to take everything you say personally, because you usually do not mean any harm. You appreciate living your life in a straightforward and simple manner -- you dislike social niceties and consider them to be hindrances to real communication. You have lots and lots of energy and tend to become quite restless if you feel confined. You demand the freedom to do as you choose -- you must be self- directed or you feel trapped and anxious. With your abundant energy, you enjoy being outdoors, and you should be attracted to physical exercise or to those forms of sport which can help you burn off some of that excess energy. Very gregarious, you love to socialize -- your innate enthusiasm livens up any gathering.

Sun is in 10 Degrees Aquarius.
You get bored with the status quo and are generally open to new things and ideas. An individualist and a free spirit, your friends are quite important to you as long as they do not try to tie you down by making too many emotional demands on you. Your thoughts are offbeat and you're a bit eccentric, but not always very changeable. As a matter of fact, you can be quite stubborn at times. Very fair-minded when dealing with large groups or broad issues, you are not always emotionally sensitive to the needs of individuals. Extremely objective, with good powers of observation, you would be qualified to study technical and complicated subjects, like science, computers or maybe even astrology.

Moon is in 16 Degrees Cancer.
For the most part, you are very strong and secure emotionally. You intuitively know what to do to make others feel comfortable, loved, accepted and needed. You naturally enjoy feeding and taking care of others. Be careful that your mothering does not turn into smothering. At times, you tend to feel that those to whom you are attached can never do anything without your assistance and support. Extremely sensitive by nature, it hurts you deeply whenever anyone criticizes you. You have an almost desperate need to be loved and wanted and needed by everyone with whom you come into contact, and you go out of your way to be accommodating to them.

Mercury is in 27 Degrees Aquarius.
You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.

Venus is in 19 Degrees Pisces.
You have a dreamy, fanciful, romantic nature and a very creative imagination. Indeed, at times, your private fantasies are more appealing than the reality around you and it is difficult for you to leave them. You tend to be unselfish and giving in relationships and are extremely sensitive of the needs of others. Be very sure that those you help are worthy of your devotion and are not merely taking advantage of your innocence and naivete.

Mars is in 15 Degrees Sagittarius.
Your every action is motivated by high moral standards and ideals. You will work very hard to improve the lot of the world at large, but you demand action about it -- you do not like to just sit around and talk about doing it in an abstract manner. You like to be where the real action is. You resist mightily any attempts to limit your freedom and you will assist anyone who feels put down and restricted. You are extremely restless by nature -- physical exercise is very important to you if you would maintain your health.

Jupiter is in 23 Degrees Aries.
The way that you grow and develop is by being an uncompromising individualist. You have a great need to be yourself and to explore your latent talents and abilities. Do not be afraid to let yourself go and develop self-confidence and pride in your accomplishments. But try not to become so self-centered that you ignore the needs of others. Also, you may have to build up your self-discipline in order to focus your energies properly.

Saturn is in 28 Degrees Sagittarius.
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

N. Node is in 23 Degrees Pisces.
You're attracted to others who need your assistance. You seem to go out of your way to form relationships with those who are weak, sick, injured, addicted or troubled in some way or other. At your best you can indeed provide the relief that others need. But at times you can be victimized by those who would prey on your good nature and take advantage of you. This can lead to all sorts of negative situations -- make sure that those you assist are truly worthy of your time, energy and commitment. A little enlightened self-protectiveness on your part can make your life work much, much smoother!

EDIT:Apparently the gif changes all the time.

Last edited by Tamago (05-17-2007 11:08:17 PM)

#4 | Back to Top05-17-2007 09:38:23 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I bolded the texts on those I think it's true about me.

Rising Sign is in 11 Degrees Aquarius
You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Sun is in 23 Degrees Virgo.
Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! (<-I'm very, very sneezy, and I have lung problems) Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 19 Degrees Cancer.
For the most part, you are very strong and secure emotionally. You intuitively know what to do to make others feel comfortable, loved, accepted and needed. You naturally enjoy feeding and taking care of others. Be careful that your mothering does not turn into smothering. At times, you tend to feel that those to whom you are attached can never do anything without your assistance and support. Extremely sensitive by nature, it hurts you deeply whenever anyone criticizes you. You have an almost desperate need to be loved and wanted and needed by everyone with whom you come into contact, and you go out of your way to be accommodating to them.

Mercury is in 14 Degrees Libra.
You are known for not jumping to conclusions about things. You tend to weigh all possible choices very carefully before making a decision. When in the slightest amount of doubt, you will compromise rather than ruffle any feathers. You are a true raconteur of culture and taste -- your ideas and opinions are neat, elegant and refined. A born diplomat, you dislike discord so much that you will go out of your way to make others feel comfortable and at ease. You speak softly and pleasantly.

Venus is in 00 Degrees Libra.
A very friendly and outgoing person, you hate to be alone. Beware of a continuing tendency to compromise yourself in order to avoid being lonely. Try to be yourself, not what others would like you to be. You have an innate desire to be in refined and elegant surroundings and will go out of your way to create a plush and comfortable atmosphere around you. You have heightened aesthetic sensibilities and are attracted to music and the arts. Try to avoid using your well-known seductive charm in order to get out of doing what you consider to be dirty work! (<-in all seriousness, I don't even know how to seduce a person...)

Mars is in 16 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions (<-Sometimes, I'm cool with abstractions), preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are (<-I gave up on doing that long ago). Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.

Jupiter is in 28 Degrees Aries.
The way that you grow and develop is by being an uncompromising individualist. You have a great need to be yourself and to explore your latent talents and abilities. (<-This, in turn, contributes to my twisted nature which alienated so many people in my life, but it helps me find out who's my true friends emot-smile )Do not be afraid to let yourself go and develop self-confidence and pride in your accomplishments. But try not to become so self-centered that you ignore the needs of others. Also, you may have to build up your self-discipline in order to focus your energies properly. (<-Right... working on that...)

Saturn is in 15 Degrees Sagittarius.
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. (<-Really simple, laws don't interfere with my life, and I'll have no problems with it) You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. (<-I use them in practical fashion regardless :p) You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing. (<-I'm actually seriously idealistic, which contributes to a lot of problems in my life.)

Uranus is in 22 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 05 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

Pluto is in 08 Degrees Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search. (<-I hope so... as long as it doesn't involve blowing up the world, I'm happy emot-biggrin)

N. Node is in 02 Degrees Aries.
You're at your most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of your immediate family circle. You delight in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic or political activities, especially if you can be a part of the leadership of the group. Your zeal and overabundant energy bring out your real creativity when you can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around you. You have a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits. Take time out between projects though, because you tire out easily and your effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when your energy is depleted. Also, don't even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level -- you need a total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others bake the cookies and set up the chairs -- you should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it! (<-Usually, it'd have been the other way around because I like baking cookies)

#5 | Back to Top05-17-2007 10:06:25 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

You know, every time I get this done, there's always far more wrong than there is right. By like... lots emot-frown

Kinda makes me wonder if the stars have the right person here emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top05-17-2007 11:26:08 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Yasha wrote:

You know, every time I get this done, there's always far more wrong than there is right. By like... lots emot-frown

Sometimes blood types CAN attribute to contradictions in personality being described by the stars. Personally, I DO think blood type has something to do with personality since it IS associated with your genes, after all.

(PS: Hold it... my last post of my star chart was my 1000th POST!? Oh my! Of all the things to post. It's a sign!!! emot-aaa)

Last edited by Hiraku (05-17-2007 11:27:14 PM)

#7 | Back to Top05-23-2007 01:31:35 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Yasha wrote:

Me too... but, I've used other websites/books that where extremely accurate... this one, just doesn't seem to be.  In fact, it gave me a different moon sign then some of the other books I've used....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#8 | Back to Top05-23-2007 06:45:51 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

I'm a Leo born on July 27, 1986 at 8:30 p.m.

Let's see what is going on in my chart!

Rising Sign is in 07 Degrees Aquarius
You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Sun is in 04 Degrees Leo.
More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention! But others do not usually mind because they tend to enjoy your genuine warmth and affection. Very spirited and willful, proud and self-important at times, you demand your own way. You are quite honest, however, and the respect of others is very important to you. You never compromise yourself and you pursue your goals with persistence and dedication. Your regal presence and demeanor draws you to positions of leadership and authority. But beware of being overly hardheaded, domineering, ostentatious or patronizing or you will lose the goodwill and admiration that you enjoy. Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible. Your strength and energy vitalizes those who come in contact with you.

Moon is in 27 Degrees Aries.
High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out." You sometimes act before you think and do things on the spur of the moment, and that sometimes gets you into trouble. Your moods change quickly -- you have quite a temper, but you don't hold grudges. Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality, you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.

Mercury is in 27 Degrees Cancer.
Your emotions tend to rule your thought processes. You have difficulty seeing life objectively. You have an excellent memory, especially about things to which you have formed an emotional bond. You prefer ideas and thoughts that are known and familiar, and therefore tend to dislike fads or radical ideas. The beliefs and traditions of your family and culture are very important to you. Your thinking becomes quite unclear when you are emotionally shaken -- try not to make major decisions when you are upset. Let things calm down first.

Venus is in 18 Degrees Virgo.
You express your love and affection through selfless service to people or causes. You have a tendency to underestimate yourself and doubt your self-worth. This is very demeaning and should be avoided -- learn to love yourself as well as you do others. Your standards of perfection are very high -- you are attracted to relationships based on duty and responsibility. You are supercritical of yourself and others and, at times, prefer to be alone rather than deal with any imperfections in yourself or in those with whom you might relate.

Mars is in 13 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely ambitious, you are willing to work very hard to reach the goals you have set for yourself. Very practical, cautious and conservative, you demand tangible results for your efforts. You need to excel in whatever you do, and you have the required sense of responsibility, dedication and self-discipline to bring it about. Beware of your tendency to judge others only by their degree of status and prestige, or by how well they will be able to advance you in your climb to the top.

Jupiter is in 22 Degrees Pisces.
You are at your best when you give of yourself and what you have -- try to avoid being a martyr about it, though. You're a true idealist, but you must learn not to be upset when life does not cooperate with the way you think things should be. Very concerned with spiritual truth and growth, when you practice what you preach, you make an excellent role model for others. You are so devoted to altruistic ventures and concerns that you tire easily at times. It then becomes necessary for you to go off by yourself to recharge your batteries.

Saturn is in 03 Degrees Sagittarius.
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

Uranus is in 18 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

DID I READ THIS RIGHT CAUSE I THINK IT SAID THAT WE ARE GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE THE WORLD!

Neptune is in 03 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

Pluto is in 04 Degrees Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

N. Node is in 24 Degrees Aries.
You're at your most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of your immediate family circle. You delight in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic or political activities, especially if you can be a part of the leadership of the group. Your zeal and overabundant energy bring out your real creativity when you can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around you. You have a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits. Take time out between projects though, because you tire out easily and your effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when your energy is depleted. Also, don't even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level -- you need a total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others bake the cookies and set up the chairs -- you should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it!

Last edited by Pallas Athena (05-23-2007 06:55:26 PM)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#9 | Back to Top06-09-2007 03:43:32 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

I'm very much into astrology, though my charts pretty boring. I'm a Cancer with an Aquarian moon, *yawn*, and air and water signs all over the place.

Anyway, what I find most interesting is connecting signs to characters. For example in SKU Anthy is a pisces and very much like the fish which is the oldest sign in the zodiac and the master of escapism, (Anthy's coffin? Need I say more?).

The sign Pisces is friends with Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Capricorn is Utena's sign making Anthy and Utena astrological friends. Capricorn is also the sign Pisces feels most safe with, which I can see in light of the roles of prince and princess the two characters both play, and also with the fact that as the series progresses Anthy does develop a bond with Utena, miraculous considering how many princes must of proclaimed before hand to keep her safe and failed. (Wakaba is also Utena's friend, (best friend to be exact), and she's also a pisces). Also Anthy's sign of Pisces is opposite Akio's sign which is Virgo. Virgo is also most suited of all to Taurus and Capricorn, Capricorn....Utena??

I've noticed in anime that a lot of the main characters are earth signs, though most are mainly Capricorn, and thats mostly the goal orientated get up and go sort of characters. Furuba is my fav when it comes to astrological anaysis.

Heres pretty good for astrology: www.cafeastrology.com

Last edited by Coco Melancholy (06-10-2007 10:11:23 PM)

#10 | Back to Top06-09-2007 04:20:57 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

I just had a chart done...

chart wrote:

Section 1: The Inner You: Your Real Motivation
At heart you are very gentle, impressionable, and receptive -a dreamer. The world of your imagination, feelings, and intuition is as real to you as anything in the outer world, though you may have trouble verbalizing or interpreting your inner experiences in a way others can understand. Mystical, artistic, musical, emotional and imaginative, you have a rich inner life, though you may seem rather unobtrusive and quiet outwardly. You usually keep to yourself.

Section 2: Mental Interests and Abilities
You are a progressive thinker, open and receptive to new technologies and breakthroughs in science, and the latest discoveries in any field. You have high expectations and a deep belief that mankind's problems can be solved through the use of our creative intelligence and inventive mind. You have no patience for those whose conservative, unimaginative outlook limits their capacity to find solutions and envision a better future. You also like to keep abreast of current developments in world affairs, for you instinctively know that what happens in one part of the world affects everyone. You have a strong humanitarian impulse. Practically speaking, you have an aptitude for organization and enjoy being involved in cooperative endeavors or businesses that are contemporary and innovative.

Actually, it's pretty true (specially the first part), but I suspect that's because it could work for a lot of people. I like it, it's much more accurate than horoscopes (I always read them, I never believe them) emot-keke

I will try to get a more detailed one now emot-biggrin

#11 | Back to Top06-10-2007 10:14:14 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

I'm not a horoscope person myself. I prefer the personality aspect of it.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

#12 | Back to Top06-11-2007 12:35:29 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Coco Melancholy wrote:

I'm not a horoscope person myself. I prefer the personality aspect of it.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

I love this site!!!  Boy, makes the time I spent casting my birth chart out of the appendices of that big "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" book look like a wasted investment emot-smile  I did it wrong, apparently; my Ascendant should be Scorpio, not Sagittarius.  I was close.

The personality description is very hit-and-miss.  The description of Lunar Aquarius is spot-on for me... but my Sun just does not belong in Gemini, and my parents loved me very much, thank you, Moon-Square-Ascendant emot-smile

What I especially liked was seeing how flattering the Sun-Conjunction-Mercury description was.  It indicates a quick mind, a way with words, and other things everyone likes to believe about themselves.  Sounds great, until you realize that almost everyone has Sun-Conjunction-Mercury, because Mercury is never far from the Sun in the sky.  Similarly, my Neptune in Capricorn makes me "wise and sensible."  Just like everyone else born between 1984 and 1997!

Also, what's up with all the contradictions?  My Mercury is in the Eighth House, indicating that I fear death.  My Venus is there too, indicating that I do not fear death.  Mercury-Venus conjunctions are common; somewhere along the line, didn't some astrologer see this coming?  emot-smile  I'd definitely need a professional astrologer (or a shrink) to resolve the contradictions in my chart.  But so much fun!

#13 | Back to Top06-11-2007 09:30:29 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

lol I see where your going with that one. I think the point is to pick out the stuff that is either repeated the most in a chart, or stands out like a sore thumb. If you have 9 planets in scorpio I would assume an astrologer would pick up more on this fact and talk about it more then say another factor that would contradict it.

By the way, does anyone know Touga's star sign?

#14 | Back to Top07-06-2007 11:46:26 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Coco Melancholy wrote:

If you mean is sun sign or whatever, he's a...Gemini. emot-biggrin Har har.

I should have mentioned this before but I kinda forgot. I have...let's say...a program. That does all this stuff, similar to that site but the informational output's like stupidly huge. I haven't used it much, but if anyone wants to dig in a bunch more, including getting more numbers and statistics and crap than you could ever need, let me know.

This program does progressive charts (comparing the current chart with your natal one for a more proper horoscope kinda thing) and synastry. Too bad we don't have the natal chart info for the cast of SKU. emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#15 | Back to Top07-06-2007 12:14:12 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Oh, hey! Is cool! Now I do mine. Bolded stuff is what I think is accurate, italicized is way off. Plain text I can take or leave.

Astrolabe whatever wrote:

Rising Sign is in 29 Degrees Taurus
Calm and deliberate, you hate to move quickly or act hastily. Very practical, every effort must count or you can't be bothered. Patient, persistent and steady, but very stubborn -- you can't be pushed or pressured into anything. You seem outwardly self-assured because you tend to repress your inner tension and turmoil. You exude an earthy warmth, friendliness and charm. You demand comfortable surroundings and appreciate the good life. Be careful of a tendency to be overly self-indulgent. At times, you are lazy and difficult to motivate. Overcoming inertia is a problem for you and, because you are not by nature a self-starter, it is often necessary for you to receive stimuli from others in order to get moving.

Sun is in 25 Degrees Virgo.
Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 11 Degrees Leo.
You always want to be proud of yourself and will never do anything that will make yourself look bad. You need the respect and admiration of others and enjoy attracting attention to yourself. Everything you do tends to be self-emphasized and self-exaggerated. Very stubborn, willful and independent yourself, be sure to allow others who are close to you the similar right to "be themselves." Your need for love, affection and reassurance, and your tendency toward vanity, allow you to have your head easily turned by flattery. The more insecure you are, the more you tend to be a showoff. You love games and sports as a matter of fact, you would usually rather play than work. Be careful of a tendency to be snobbish and uppity -- it does not become you.

Mercury is in 17 Degrees Libra.
You are known for not jumping to conclusions about things. You tend to weigh all possible choices very carefully before making a decision. When in the slightest amount of doubt, you will compromise rather than ruffle any feathers.
You are a true raconteur of culture and taste -- your ideas and opinions are neat, elegant and refined. A born diplomat, you dislike discord so much that you will go out of your way to make others feel comfortable and at ease. You speak softly and pleasantly.

Venus is in 03 Degrees Libra.
A very friendly and outgoing person, you hate to be alone. Beware of a continuing tendency to compromise yourself in order to avoid being lonely. Try to be yourself, not what others would like you to be. You have an innate desire to be in refined and elegant surroundings and will go out of your way to create a plush and comfortable atmosphere around you. You have heightened aesthetic sensibilities and are attracted to music and the arts. Try to avoid using your well-known seductive charm in order to get out of doing what you consider to be dirty work!

Mars is in 17 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions, preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are. Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.

Jupiter is in 28 Degrees Aries.
The way that you grow and develop is by being an uncompromising individualist. You have a great need to be yourself and to explore your latent talents and abilities. Do not be afraid to let yourself go and develop self-confidence and pride in your accomplishments. But try not to become so self-centered that you ignore the needs of others. Also, you may have to build up your self-discipline in order to focus your energies properly.

Saturn is in 15 Degrees Sagittarius.

Uranus is in 22 Degrees Sagittarius.

Neptune is in 05 Degrees Capricorn.

Pluto is in 08 Degrees Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

N. Node is in 02 Degrees Aries.
You're at your most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of your immediate family circle. You delight in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic or political activities, especially if you can be a part of the leadership of the group. Your zeal and overabundant energy bring out your real creativity when you can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around you. You have a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits. Take time out between projects though, because you tire out easily and your effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when your energy is depleted. Also, don't even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level -- you need a total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others bake the cookies and set up the chairs -- you should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it!

I'm amused by the fact that Saturn and Uranus are directly at odds with one another. Most of this stuff is true sometimes and not others, which is why astrology works I think...

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#16 | Back to Top07-06-2007 02:07:23 PM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

I had the same problem as you, Yasha -- mine was completely off.  For fun, I kept shifting my birthday ahead by a month until I found one that worked.  :p  Apparently I should have been a Sagittarius.

#17 | Back to Top07-06-2007 09:43:05 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Giovanna wrote:

I should have mentioned this before but I kinda forgot. I have...let's say...a program. That does all this stuff, similar to that site but the informational output's like stupidly huge. I haven't used it much, but if anyone wants to dig in a bunch more, including getting more numbers and statistics and crap than you could ever need, let me know.

This program does progressive charts (comparing the current chart with your natal one for a more proper horoscope kinda thing) and synastry.

emot-aaa I'm always up for a more accurate chart. All you'd need is birthdate, location, and time, right?

Too bad we don't have the natal chart info for the cast of SKU. emot-biggrin

Well, 90% of the problem is deciding on a default year for the series to be set in, since it doesn't take place during any particular time. However, Anthy's birthday kind of narrows it down, being on February 29th and all.

#18 | Back to Top07-06-2007 09:45:47 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

emot-aaa I'm always up for a more accurate chart. All you'd need is birthdate, location, and time, right?

Yep yep! emot-smile The program looks up like 99% of locations by name on its own, but if not, I have Google Earth. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#19 | Back to Top07-06-2007 11:13:45 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

There is no way any Astrological chart could ever hope to be accurate unless it measures in all the effects of 7 major planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) as well as the 3 minor planets (Ceres, Pluto and Eris).

#20 | Back to Top07-06-2007 11:57:16 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Tamago wrote:

There is no way any Astrological chart could ever hope to be accurate unless it measures in all the effects of 7 major planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) as well as the 3 minor planets (Ceres, Pluto and Eris).

Okay, now this is a question I've been wondering about for a while.  Why Ceres, Pluto, and Eris?  Why not include Quaoar and Sedna, which are larger than Ceres?  Why not Chiron, which is closer than Pluto or Eris?  Is it just because we want there to be a planet for each sign, and the seven major planets plus the Sun, Moon, Ceres, Pluto, and Eris make up the number?  And if so, what possible hypothesis about astrology is there that explains why these planets, and no others, affect human destiny?

Last edited by satyreyes (07-06-2007 11:57:49 PM)

#21 | Back to Top07-07-2007 12:23:13 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Tamago wrote:

Okay, now this is a question I've been wondering about for a while.  Why Ceres, Pluto, and Eris?  Why not include Quaoar and Sedna, which are larger than Ceres?  Why not Chiron, which is closer than Pluto or Eris?  Is it just because we want there to be a planet for each sign, and the seven major planets plus the Sun, Moon, Ceres, Pluto, and Eris make up the number?  And if so, what possible hypothesis about astrology is there that explains why these planets, and no others, affect human destiny?

Thats not an easy thing to answer as Astrology isn't a proper science as no two Astrologists fully agree on the meaning of most events.

As for why they don't include certain heavenly bodies in the minor planets status, I think its to do with how they define a planet these days.  In the past, it didn't matter because there were so few planets we knew of but since they discovered planets in other star system in the 90s and beyond, they had to define the meaning of the word planet.   

The modern definition of term Planet

Last edited by Tamago (07-07-2007 12:23:59 AM)

#22 | Back to Top07-07-2007 01:32:45 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Giovanna wrote:

Coco Melancholy wrote:

If you mean is sun sign or whatever, he's a...Gemini. emot-biggrin Har har

Oh yea. I see that.

Giovanna wrote:

Raises hand. Ooh-ooh me! Me!

#23 | Back to Top07-07-2007 02:19:08 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

*cough* When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!

Except you're older than me. So that doesn't really work.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#24 | Back to Top07-07-2007 02:06:45 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

The thing about astrology is that it's complete and utter lack of standardization. When it was first used in ancient civilizations, they were only using the Sun, Moon, and the five planets that are visible with the naked eye. For example, Scorpio was actually ruled by Mars until Pluto was discovered in 1939. It used to go like this.

Aquarius-- Saturn
Pisces-- Jupiter
Aries-- Mars
Taurus-- Venus
Gemini--Mercury
Cancer--Moon
Leo-- Sun
Virgo-- Mercury
Libra-- Venus
Scorpio--Mars
Sagittarius-- Jupiter
Capricorn-- Saturn

If you look at the Sun and Moon at Cancer and Leo, then look outward... very well-planned symmetry. This system has allegedly worked for as long as Man has looked to the skies for guidance, and then we start finding stuff that wasn't there before: 3 more planets, an asteroid belt, and the entire Kuiper Belt. Modern astrologers have taken the four larger asteroids (Ceres, Juno, Pallas, and Vesta) into account, as well as Chiron, but there are still quite a few that refuse to work beyond the nine planets, Sun, and Moon.

Then to make matters worse, nothing is the same distance apart that it was millennia ago. This throws off the 12-House system, as well as the Zodiac system in general. The amount of time a celestial body spends in each sign isn't equal anymore, Scorpio being less than 10 days. The dates shift by roughly a day every 10 years or so. Just because you're born a Pisces doesn't mean you'll be a Pisces when you're 40.

Oh, and for my chart:

Birthplace: Shreveport, LA
Date: 8/28/80
Time: 1:55am

None of this is vital to accessing any of my accounts or anything, so I don't have any problem posting it here.

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (07-07-2007 02:09:04 PM)

#25 | Back to Top07-07-2007 02:24:12 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Coco Melancholy wrote:

Raises hand. Ooh-ooh me! Me!

Stats plz emot-keke

Board footer