This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#176 | Back to Top12-22-2013 01:44:27 PM

Cheerie132
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Your Username...

I've been using the same username for quite a long time now. It is actually a kind of a reference to Buffy the vampire slayer. There was this one episode called Once more, with feeling and I think it's one of the best things that happend to televison. It's also a musical and during the song I've got a theory they sing this line: "It's getting eerie. What's this cheery singing all about?" Sooo, I took that and obviously misspelled it. There it is, now you know what a geek I am. emot-tongue

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust -

#177 | Back to Top06-27-2014 03:18:28 PM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

My nickname was basically "Haruka" BUT one day a person I admire and commented on their picture, had a slip of a tongue and instead of typing Haruka they typed Karuka, so it stuck as I told them "karuka is fine as well" LOL
so now I'm called either Karu, Karuka, Karuchan, Karukyan, Karunyan, HaruKaruMaruDaru, and everything in between ahhaha

Haruka as a nick name comes from no other than Sailor Uranus/ Tenou Haruka etc-love

まずここでこのオスカル・フランソワの命をたってからにされるがよい!

#178 | Back to Top06-28-2014 10:41:55 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I know nothing.

Um...that's the explanation for my username.

(terribad)

#179 | Back to Top06-28-2014 01:31:16 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Flah is a word I made up years ago. My own personal Aloha, which could mean anything from "Hello" or "Goodbye" to "Goodness, my nipple is itching like mad." At some point, I'm not sure where, it evolved into a username for me.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#180 | Back to Top06-29-2014 06:23:03 PM

jmie5
Precious One

It's a username from a long while ago (even before the forum.)  I think I just wanted to create something, so I removed a vowel and added my favorite number.  Kind of wishing I chose something else, but ah well. etc-love

#181 | Back to Top06-29-2014 09:39:51 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

I first came up with 'Crystalwren' when I was fifteen. It was in the very early days, almost pre-internet fandom, of my fangirl life. I joined the Australian chapter of the Mercedes Lackey, 'Heralds of Valdemar' book series. When I created my Tayledras character, I thought I was being very clever when I used my initials for the name. I was so proud of myself for thinking up something so witty that I decided to make it my username. I am now thirty two. I've had the name for so long that it's genuinely difficult to bring myself to register anywhere with anything different. I've a few different places where I like to keep my fandom career separate, so I've pretty much had to force myself to think of something else.

So, yeah. My username is the name of the OC I created at fifteen, which was in no way an angsty Mary Sue at all. There were no hidden mysterious powers, a terrible childhood and a ridiculously complex back story for her at all. Honest. Would I lie? emot-tongue

#182 | Back to Top07-07-2014 07:36:22 PM

QueenOfJebri
Miki Molester

I have many original characters, but my main OCs (the ones in my icon, actually) are named Tori and Jeb. They are an ~official couple~.

Tori + Jeb = Jebri (a name mesh that was coined by one of my best friends back in 2010, actually.)

So basically, I am the Queen of my own OC ship. Because I'm a loser. And there you have it, my lovelies! emot-dance

Last edited by QueenOfJebri (07-07-2014 07:36:51 PM)

The absolute destiny... of hot pockets.

#183 | Back to Top07-08-2014 01:38:44 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

My username  originates from the anime Maison Ikkoku.  The plot centers around a young man that failed all of his college entrance exams and was staying in a boarding house to study to retake the exams next year.  Yusaku is a near-do-well that falls in love with the apartment manager called Kyoko, a beautiful widow. The plot basically is Yusaku building a romance with the apartment manager and other tenants in the building are comic relief.

Unlike Yusaku, I have been an excellent student  through most of my college career. I won a full academic scholarship and graduated with distinction after a five year undergraduate program. Yet, I identify with Yusaku because he was always desiring his Kyoko. Plus I have my own shortcomings. It is like I almost get to grasp the "brass ring" of life, but I just miss it. Yusaku gets the lady in the end even with all his mistakes; It is not a story of reality. Yet, I think the departure from reality makes the story so beautiful.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

#184 | Back to Top07-08-2014 06:06:10 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

Err I like Pink. In all seriousness I try to not use the same name everywhere. I just picked the combination because I probably saw something pink on my desk and "Today's letter is the letter G" emot-smile

#185 | Back to Top07-08-2014 06:28:27 PM

Gaston
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Gaston come from the anti-hero Gaston Lagaffe, a comics books I really enjoy.

Proud Juri x Shiori, Nanami x Tsuwabuki and Utena x Wakaba fan

#186 | Back to Top07-08-2014 10:25:22 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Melancholic_Soul is actually my third Gaia Online screen name. I pretty frequently use getmiso, arisugawa, and anthy_utena for everything, but at the time of joining I thought this one might be best. My third Gaia reincarnation came after I traded away my first account Firefly of Saturn, and was hacked under my second Jasmine the Demon Hunter. I litterally havent used Gaia in years, though I was a member since eighth grade. (And thats saying something as I am 25) It can be hard finding that right forum or message board, and I tend to go through seasons. There was a time when I was fairly active here, a direct result of a certain RP. I was really into role playing at the time as it relieved much of my stress. Anyway, I believe I wanted something long as well as descriptive when I I thought this one up. I only use it here now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#187 | Back to Top07-08-2014 10:28:47 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Snow wrote:

I know nothing.

Um...that's the explanation for my username.

(terribad)

Lol yeeeees I love this! Makes me wish my username was 'The Pointy End'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#188 | Back to Top07-08-2014 11:35:33 PM

Dafne
Miki Molester

I came up with mine during my "obsessed with classical mythology" time and the one with Dafne running from Apolo and becoming a laurel tree was one of my favorites, bonus points for my real name being Laura emot-dance

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/073/3/c/puella_magi_madoka_magica_signature_homura_akemi_by_blueangel06661-d4srws8.png

#189 | Back to Top08-16-2014 08:55:45 PM

Kiseki
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

On most other sites I've been using a different moniker. But upon joining this forum I wanted to change it up a bit...
"Kiseki" means miracle in Japanese.
*chuckles*

http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1412/22/06/04/smiles/2930773878.gifDo you suppose happiness is something close to us, after all?

#190 | Back to Top04-12-2016 01:32:53 PM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

I'm really enjoying this thread!

crystalwren wrote:

I first came up with 'Crystalwren' when I was fifteen. It was in the very early days, almost pre-internet fandom, of my fangirl life. I joined the Australian chapter of the Mercedes Lackey, 'Heralds of Valdemar' book series. When I created my Tayledras character...So, yeah. My username is the name of the OC I created at fifteen, which was in no way an angsty Mary Sue at all. There were no hidden mysterious powers, a terrible childhood and a ridiculously complex back story for her at all. Honest. Would I lie? emot-tongue

Dammit, Crystalwren, I was Darkfire at age sixteen and thought I had the market on angsty, superlative-laden backstories cornered! emot-rofl

As for my current name: when I was eighteen, I had an astonishing dream about a young woman on an alien world who was, in secret, reviving knowledge lost to her people.  The worldbuilding was quite far developed, especially for a dream, and so I knew the girl's desert surroundings, her language, and the customs and culture of her people as intimately as if I'd been raised to them myself.  Her people placed religion at the center of their lives, and their God was a fourfold sun-lord named Kylin.  So, the woman's name was Astrinde, but as the story progressed, she was (unwillingly) chosen high priestess of the god's cult and given the ascension name of Kyastre Iduna - Astrinde-of-Kylin, the Compassionate One.

That's where my forum handle comes from, as well as my full name in the current XCOM2 campaign.  And my game avatar - shown in the little profile picture here - follows the original character's appearance: white eyes, wild blue hair, bright but simple clothing.  She looks like a modern, human version of the girl in my dream. emot-smile

Incidentally, a few years ago I made the acquaintance of a woman from Germany, who told me that the name Astrinde would mean "branch-bark" in German.  I had no idea, since I don't speak that language, but apparently I'm not only a sun-worshipping Mary Sue - I'm a tree. emot-tongue

#191 | Back to Top05-28-2016 02:55:14 AM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

The classical form of the Egyptian name iaḥms. It means "Born of the Moon". It's a Son-of-Ra name, so the full name is Son of the Sun, Born of the Moon. Which is, I suppose, nice, if generic.

The young king who bore it was the founder of the New Kingdom and restorer of the country so it's honorable, and rather fit thematically to Utena. On the other hand, the other king so-named was rather less fortunate. One may notice that I used the former's spelling in my signature.

But I didn't primarily choose it for the meaning. Rather, when I saw it (in its classical form) I thought "Ah, what a pretty, feminine name~" Even though it's in fact a masculine name. So that's the main reason.

I pronounce it /'ɑː.mɑ.sɪs/, or AH-mah-siss.

Last edited by Amasis (05-28-2016 02:58:18 AM)

#192 | Back to Top06-19-2016 12:44:10 PM

maridaberri
Miki Molester

Amasis. I like the story behind your username and also the fact that you have a complimentary username and signature.

My real name is Mary and as a child some people would call me Mary Berry. On websites I would usually use maryberry with some type of number following. In middle school a friend referred to me as "Mary da Berry" and I guess I liked it so I stuck with it. I wanted to use the name for an email address in middle school but that username was taken so I switched the Y's with I's and thus maridaberri was born.

#193 | Back to Top06-20-2016 01:17:18 PM

pesimistamente
Anthy Assailer

I'm just not the happiest person in the world emot-tongue

("pessimistically" in spanish)

#194 | Back to Top06-20-2016 06:32:19 PM

deeds24
Miki Molester

I used to have this history teacher in middle school who called his students by their last name or a nickname. Students received a specialized nickname or the generic title of "Moose." Don't ask why. For some reason this teacher called me "Mr. Deeds." The Adam Sandler film was already out when this nickname was given to me, and the teacher never elaborated on whatever connection he saw. I dread for anyone to find some sort of relationship between me and Adam Sandler films. A friend of mine decided that the nickname should stick. Then I started using "Deeds" for video game save files and I still find myself doing so. As for the number 24, I'm so used to numbers being required for online accounts, so I automatically made sure that I typed in numbers when I joined IRG.

#195 | Back to Top06-20-2016 07:05:32 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

deeds24 wrote:

I used to have this history teacher in middle school who called his students by their last name or a nickname. Students received a specialized nickname or the generic title of "Moose." Don't ask why. For some reason this teacher called me "Mr. Deeds." The Adam Sandler film was already out when this nickname was given to me, and the teacher never elaborated on whatever connection he saw. I dread for anyone to find some sort of relationship between me and Adam Sandler films. A friend of mine decided that the nickname should stick. Then I started using "Deeds" for video game save files and I still find myself doing so. As for the number 24, I'm so used to numbers being required for online accounts, so I automatically made sure that I typed in numbers when I joined IRG.

If it makes you feel better, Adam Sandler's "Mr. Deeds" was a remake of a 30's film called "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town" starring the chiseled hotness that is Gary Cooper. It's a delightful film, and much better than the remake.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#196 | Back to Top07-13-2016 11:10:03 PM

Zerokohai
Mikage Mistruster

The 'Zero' comes from Zero, the Mega Man X character. The '-kohai' suffix comes from how a friend of mine once referred to me as their kohai. In other words, try as I might to hide it, I am a weeb.

http://i.imgur.com/5GUbWA1.png

#197 | Back to Top08-19-2016 09:01:22 PM

pagetheplush
Juri Jeerer
Website

My username comes from an old oc I made in 7th grade that I don't even really draw anymore. His name is Page and he's a stuffed doll, hence pagetheplush. I use mostly the same 3 usernames on all websites I go on because I can't really think of anything better on the spot.

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

Board footer