This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-13-2008 01:41:20 AM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Virtual Star Embryology: Martian Heaven

The first two chapters. Can you spot the Utena characters?

00. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4640465/1/Virtual_Star_Embryology_Martian_Heaven

01. Up In The Sky.
-http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4640465/2/Virtual_Star_Embryology_Martian_Heaven

And the Utena Opening, MH style. (Probably gonna get killed for this)

A swirling rose symbol, two outlines slowly spinning the other way, in the fetal position. Then, it shows Ebony Dent, her head reaching upward, then Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen, bending theirs downward.

Two rose symbols, two outlines. Then they are filled in. Ebony Dent, on the left. Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen, on the right. Rokk Krinn is standing on Ebony's side, the New Earth counterparts of Garth, Imra, and Rokk, on the right.

Singer: Let's live our lives heroically, let's live them with style.

(Just a long, long time)

The rose symbol. Ebony is standing on the left, her back facing the upside down six. They are standing back-to-back.

Singer: And if the two of us should ever be separated...

Her hand gets pulled apart from the multitude of hands belonging to the Legionnaires. ALL of them.

(Let go of me)

Singer: Take my revolution.

Cue title screen.

Ebony, dressed as X, walking on the right hand side. A picture of her Earth, and then a busy crowd of metahumans from her world. She turns her head, to look behind her. Her green eyes are wide.

Singer: In the sunlit garden, we held hand in hand.

Now, the Animated Legionnaires, walking on the left hand side, a picture of their Earth, and then a busy crowd of 31st Century people. Garth has his arm around Imra. They turn to look at her, their eyes wide.

Singer: We drew close for comfort, and swore that neither one of us would ever fall in love again.

The gates open, revealing a sunny scene, split to show Ebony with Suzy the Black Orchid, Ebony with Garth in the park, Garth and Imra together, and the Garth and Imra of New Earth with their son.

(Every time)

Ebony and Suzy, in a blue hue, are lying on a large bed. From the way it looks, Suzy is lying upside down, but their eyes are able to meet. They're smiling.

Singer: I see that picture of us, smiling cheek to cheek.

Close up to show Suzy has a rose in her hands, and Ebony has the head in her palm.

Singer: I look at it,

Ebony rises up, going from her X uniform, to her jeans and the blue shirt with the yellow lightning bolts. She's wearing a red rose over her left breast. The blue hue is gone.

Singer: And then loneliness starts to fill me.

Suzy's image starts to turn into dead leaves that scatter, revealing Garth, not in blue, eyes closed. And then it zooms up to the Castle Where Eternity Dwells, and the arena underneath it.

(Revolution!)

Ebony charging forward, her sword aimed frontward and her eyes glowing blue.

Singer: Even though we dream,

The Persuader swings his sword forward, facing the right, spit coming out of his mouth as he silently screams a battle cry.

Singer: Even though we cry,

Glorith faces front, Mordru behind her, both holding the sword in her hand as she looks upward.

Singer: Even though we get hurt,

Dragonmage turns around, swinging his sword in the direction he now faces.

Singer: Reality

Mekt charges, revealing both his swords, swings them, and narrows his glowing eyes.

Singer: Keeps on coming

Marcie, facing the other way, turns her head and smirks a malicious smirk as she reveals her sword, at her side in her right hand. Keiko Sonoda, the brown-haired pigtail girl, is standing in front of her, her arm wrapped around her and we can see her ring as she smiles with malice as well. The arena has started to crumble.

Singer: Recklessly.

Ebony swings her sword, then holds it in front of her face, her blue eyes starting to glow as the stones begin to fly upward.

Singer: I wanna find out where I am,

Garth and Imra imbrace one another as the wreckage flies upward.

Singer: The value of being me.

As the stones and white bricks break apart, in the wreckage, the shadows of people mounting wild horses are seen. Utena and Anthy, Utena on the bottom and Anthy upside down on the top, slowly open their eyes to one another, as the arena, and the Earth itself, is destroyed by the swords on a blood-red background.

Singer: Gonna take who I've been till now...

Now, Ebony is in red and black armor, with a face plate, weilding a lance, as she rides atop a horse. The Legion founders, both versions, are in similar armor based on their abilities and color schemes.

Singer: And find the strength to throw it away.

They are riding, ready for battle, the background is the Bleed, showing off the various worlds of the Multiverse in a red tint, as they read through the towers of the upside down castle.

Singer: Strip down to nothing and become like a rose petal blowing free!

Now, a white background with roses painted in the background. Ebony is being pulled in the lower right hand corner, the Legion in the upper left, both versions, we place an emphasis that the founders are the ones we need to pay attention to. They are pulling at one another, Ebony trying to not let go of the Legion, but she must, as she is being pulled down by the villains, Marcie specifically.

Singer: Even if the two of us are ever torn apart...

They are finally pulled away. We see a close up of Ebony's head, her eyes closed, as she lays down.

Ebony: I swear that, I will change the world.

Ebony in her rose symbol, spinning, the other empty. Roll episode.

So, thoughts, comments, death threats?

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

Board footer