This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top07-16-2008 04:27:17 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: Fans of Le Television

I just wish they had an anime channel on Foxtel over here in Oz, even if its all dubs.

#77 | Back to Top07-16-2008 04:40:14 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but for me, you can only get the Anime Network if you have digital cable. Whenever I'm at a friend's house, I go to Anime Network on Demand to see what they have. For us cheap folks, Adult Swim is the only anime I ever get. Well, plus things like Naruto on Toonami.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#78 | Back to Top07-19-2008 04:05:52 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Speaking of fantastic Brit com, all I want to do tonight is watch Peep Show. But I gave my DVDs to my sister. emot-mad If you want to have some idea of what this show is like, observe: THE BEHAVIOUR OF AN ODDBALL. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#79 | Back to Top07-31-2008 11:26:12 AM

hayama
Ruthless Deflorist

I (finally) started watching Wonderfalls! It's really a great series, definitely cancelled well before its time. I think that in terms of Bryan Fuller created series (for me):

1. Dead Like Me
2. Wonderfalls
3. Pushing Daisies

I like Pushing Daisies, but I just feel that it doesn't have that same biting, sarcastic quality that makes the other two so enjoyable. The three are still probably my favorite tv series ever, nevertheless.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.

#80 | Back to Top07-31-2008 12:00:14 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I've come to the conclusion that Venture Brothers makes life worth living.

#81 | Back to Top08-01-2008 09:14:18 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that Venture Brothers makes life worth living.

I will never forgive my brother for introducing me to that show. Damn him. I love it too much. "I CAN MAKE YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE OF BLOSSOM!" Oh, Dr. Orpheus, don't make me etc-loveetc-loveetc-love you too much. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#82 | Back to Top08-03-2008 02:02:41 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Boondocks. I really like Boondocks. Especially the episone with Martin Luther King Jr. and the one where Riley tries to save an innocent man from the electric chair.

I also like Robot Chicken. That sure brings back the old days.... they even have an episode with Sailormoon skits.  emot-tongueemot-rofl

...but I've been getting into Taboo.... wooooooooooo.

HELLSING IS ON TONIGHT! w00t w00t!

...and I can't wait for True Blood. Wow.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#83 | Back to Top09-29-2008 04:58:48 PM

hayama
Ruthless Deflorist

Pushing Daisies season premiere is this Wednesday! And a new episode of America's Next Top Model at the same time. Thank god for Ti-vo and youtube.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.

#84 | Back to Top09-29-2008 05:08:53 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Currently trying to stay for a geekfest of epic proportions tonight.

8:00 PM     Chuck
9:00 PM     Heroes
10:00 PM   Life

HHH HHH HHHH YES PLZ. etc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirl

#85 | Back to Top09-29-2008 05:16:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I really love how much of a Monk fan girl my mother is. There was a new episode of Monk where he thought he was five years old again. He was excitedly eating pancakes and saying how his mother never made pancakes for breakfast, and then asked the Captain if they could stop to buy syrup on the way to a crime scene.

Because of that, my mom bought two bottles of syrup without us asking. To me, that's just awesome of her. emot-biggrin She may not be an anime fan girl, but I love seeing her display fan girl qualities over something.

Last edited by Razara (09-29-2008 05:17:18 PM)

#86 | Back to Top09-29-2008 05:29:03 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

hayama wrote:

Pushing Daisies season premiere is this Wednesday! And a new episode of America's Next Top Model at the same time. Thank god for Ti-vo and youtube.

You have no idea how much that torments me. However, my cable's out right now, and if it's not back on by Wednesday, I can't watch either of them.

If I do get it back, I'm watching Pushing Daisies. ANTM reruns on Sundays anyway, and there's going to be a marathon on MTV or VH1 before the finale.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#87 | Back to Top09-29-2008 07:45:37 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

HEROES OHGODOHGODYAYE. emot-dance emot-dance emot-dance emot-dance

Spoilers will be up here at my LJ at the end of the hour. NNNF.

HERE HERE HERE YAYEEEEEEEEEEE~.

Last edited by Lady Nilamarthiel (09-29-2008 08:02:25 PM)

#88 | Back to Top09-30-2008 01:54:25 AM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

America's Next Top Model. is my drug of choice when it's available.emot-dance

Law and Order: SVU is also a heavy addiction. I've kissed plenty of paychecks good bye to this collection

emot-biggrin Olivia Benson is a bad ass.

Project Runway is another favorite but i can never seem to catch it!!! emot-frown

Sailor Moon was a favorite wayyyyy before Utena.... It was a total shock to read the box when it said, "from the creators of Sailor Moon!"  emot-aaa

Yeah... Robot Chicken Sailor Moon Parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wd9msc7kLY

Anyway.. I can't think of much else cause its so late... i'll get back to you guys on this one

#89 | Back to Top09-30-2008 02:07:55 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

KissFromARose wrote:

Yeah... Robot Chicken Sailor Moon Parody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wd9msc7kLY

emot-rofl That's hilarious. I am also a Moonie from waaaaay back...and dammit, I feel like going and watching some right now, and I'm supposed to be writing. emot-biggrin

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#90 | Back to Top09-30-2008 05:27:02 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

The only reason I haven't posted in this thread before is I thought "Le Television" was prob the name of some French show that had aired overseas before Aussie. emot-rofl

Adrasteia wrote: I grew up on Xena, and it just sort of stuck with me. It's such a great, campy show, and the directors really have fun with it - did you know that Xena not only saved Helen from the Battle of Troy, but also discovered Jesus and put Lucifer in Hell? etc-love And obviously she was the one who convinced Brutus to killed Caesar. emot-tongue Seriously, I can't express how much I love this show.

Quoted for truth. Xena: Warrior Princess (lol the name) has always been an amazing show to me, because of its shifting genres, campiness, Xena/Gabrielle relationship no matter what you think about it, and Greek gods written as sluts! school-devil
Xena seems to have been connected to every famous historical event which is hilarious,
not to mention everything in her dark and evil past happened "ten winters ago". etc-wankgirl Ooh I love that show...
Adrasteia, (shamless self-plug here) if you like Xena parody fanfic, or Xena AMVs check out the links in my sig.

satyr wrote: I'm an unapologetic Whedonite; I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly were all masterpieces.

I'm another unapologetic Whedonite. emot-biggrin Only for me I rank those 3 shows: Buffy, Firefly, Angel. BTVS...*drools* it made fun of itself sooo well, and I'll never get over the clever writing inherent in the way that the characters talk. Talented stuff.

In fact Xena & Buffy are right up there with my SKU addiction. I've been a loyal fan of the shows and member of their net communities since they were released in Aussie, and I welcome any fans of them from here to chat with me about them anytime. etc-love

Adrasteia also wrote: Buffy herself was never one of my favorite characters, but she, along with the rest of the cast, had plenty enough development to make them sympathetic

I'm one of those rarer (I've found) fans who holds Buffy as my fave character. Which is not to say I like her emot-aaa...something I admire about how Buffy is written is I feel she has become distinctly unlikable by the final season! And that her role as slayer has forced her into this position.

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:Absolutely Fabulous-- etc-love etc-love etc-love It's not a show, it's a religion.

OMG Absolutely Fabulous makes me laugh so much. Such good writing of humor...I'm in awe. Patsy is my fave character since she's constantly stoned and drunk out of her slutty mind emot-tongue, but hey who couldn't feel sorry for Saffy? Her life SUCKS.

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote: I miss watching Fawlty Towers. emot-frown

*sigh* Fawlty Towers, a great show; John Cleese at his best. It elevated him to becoming my fave Monty Python member.

And like several fine people here, I too like Lost.
It hasn't become a disappointment for me...I've enjoyed every season avidly (remember Australia is a season behind US, so I can't comment on the latest...) But I find it hard to rewatch, since its such a "suspense by mystery" show and keeps moving forward.

EDIT: A word on the Lost computer game: what a waste of money! emot-mad
It's so linear and with massive "save freezes"...and yet, I was tempted about playing an original character along with the cast...
I've gotta say part of the reason it sucks for me is I'm BAD at puzzles. Heh.
Anyway I shouldn't be surprised at its suckiness - when has there ever been a good pc game made from a tv show/movie? They're so rare.

Last edited by sharnii (09-30-2008 05:29:18 AM)

#91 | Back to Top09-30-2008 07:24:06 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Damn you Nip/Tuck. Damn you for having possible similarities with Utena. Damn you for having a character that is creepily similar to Akio. Damn you also for being so addicting. And having Julian McMahan. Who is a hotty.

#92 | Back to Top09-30-2008 09:31:46 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

KissFromARose wrote:

Project Runway is another favorite but i can never seem to catch it!!! emot-frown

I have the same problem. emot-frown I constantly miss it. Luckily, my friend's mom tapes every episode, so we just have marathons when we have nothing else going on.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#93 | Back to Top09-30-2008 10:08:44 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

Damn you Nip/Tuck. Damn you for having possible similarities with Utena. Damn you for having a character that is creepily similar to Akio. Damn you also for being so addicting. And having Julian McMahan. Who is a hotty.

Is that show still going.
I'd watch it if I have cable installed emot-frown
Wait, the Akio-character. Are you talking about the weird guy that cuts people's face and then rape them? emot-confused

#94 | Back to Top09-30-2008 11:46:25 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Hiraku wrote:

Emiemipoemi wrote:

Is that show still going.
I'd watch it if I have cable installed emot-frown
Wait, the Akio-character. Are you talking about the weird guy that cuts people's face and then rape them? emot-confused

I'm talking about Quentin Costa. He is pretty damn close to Akio, it's a little unnerving. And yes the show is still going, though I have been watching the DVDs.

#95 | Back to Top09-30-2008 02:10:15 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Funny, my mother's been trying to get me to watch that show for ages because she says there's a guy on it that I would want to 'fuck into next week.'

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#96 | Back to Top09-30-2008 02:44:49 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

hayama wrote:

Pushing Daisies is going to be hecka awesome this season....I can't wait!!

What are your predictions?

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#97 | Back to Top09-30-2008 02:57:47 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Funny, my mother's been trying to get me to watch that show for ages because she says there's a guy on it that I would want to 'fuck into next week.'

Just next week?
I'd probably fuck Julian McMahan to next life if physical limit permits

#98 | Back to Top09-30-2008 03:45:07 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Giovanna wrote:

lol that would be Julian McMahan. I think ANYONE would want to fuck him into next week.

#99 | Back to Top09-30-2008 05:45:42 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Emiemipoemi wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

lol that would be Julian McMahan. I think ANYONE would want to fuck him into next week.

He just doesn't look the "uke", however. emot-tongue

#100 | Back to Top10-12-2008 09:05:06 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

sharnii wrote:

Adrasteia wrote: I grew up on Xena, and it just sort of stuck with me. It's such a great, campy show, and the directors really have fun with it - did you know that Xena not only saved Helen from the Battle of Troy, but also discovered Jesus and put Lucifer in Hell? etc-love And obviously she was the one who convinced Brutus to killed Caesar. emot-tongue Seriously, I can't express how much I love this show.

Quoted for truth. Xena: Warrior Princess (lol the name) has always been an amazing show to me, because of its shifting genres, campiness, Xena/Gabrielle relationship no matter what you think about it, and Greek gods written as sluts! school-devil
Xena seems to have been connected to every famous historical event which is hilarious,
not to mention everything in her dark and evil past happened "ten winters ago". etc-wankgirl Ooh I love that show...
Adrasteia, (shamless self-plug here) if you like Xena parody fanfic, or Xena AMVs check out the links in my sig.

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:Absolutely Fabulous-- etc-love etc-love etc-love It's not a show, it's a religion.

OMG Absolutely Fabulous makes me laugh so much. Such good writing of humor...I'm in awe. Patsy is my fave character since she's constantly stoned and drunk out of her slutty mind emot-tongue, but hey who couldn't feel sorry for Saffy? Her life SUCKS.

I so love Xena...and would love to screw the god of war. school-devil

Regarding Absolutely Fabulous those women are the two halfes of Karen Walker.... who sadly I would not mind being when I grow up. emot-redface

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

Board footer