This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-25-2011 03:07:00 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Penguindrum Interview/Creator Stuff Link Station!

Title says it all. A wonderful thing about Penguindrum existing as new in this AMAZING WORLD OF THE INTERNETS is that everything that comes out of Ikuhara's yapper is getting translated on blogs and such. As opposed to with SKU where it took over a decade for me to have my Saionji with glasses fantasies validated. etc-saiowank

To start! An interview included with the first Blu-ray. http://penguindrum.livejournal.com/44413.html

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top12-25-2011 10:47:10 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Re: Penguindrum Interview/Creator Stuff Link Station!

I think it was in the Apocalypse Saga booklet, one of the Be-Papas guys said he had never met a genius until he met Ikuhara, and he hasn't met one since.

It is amazing, and necessary, that there is a guy out there who thinks about the things Ikuhara thinks about and the way he thinks about them. Brilliant. Great interview.

#3 | Back to Top12-27-2011 03:23:36 PM

SeizonSenryaku
Architectonitechnician

From the comments "anyway i can't wait to see what the penguindrum is and knowing that we're actually going to KNOW is exciting. i was expecting to get hella trolled and never knowing."

YOU SAID IT, BUDDY emot-frown

I wanna know the other things left unexplained! Or maybe, they were just a device to tell the story of the Takakura family and their way to love, without having actually importance and basis? emot-confused

Last edited by SeizonSenryaku (12-27-2011 05:41:58 PM)

#4 | Back to Top12-27-2011 08:38:40 PM

icarus
Wakaba Wrangler

Dani wrote:

I think it was in the Apocalypse Saga booklet, one of the Be-Papas guys said he had never met a genius until he met Ikuhara, and he hasn't met one since.

It is amazing, and necessary, that there is a guy out there who thinks about the things Ikuhara thinks about and the way he thinks about them. Brilliant.

I thank the stars for it.

#5 | Back to Top12-27-2011 09:19:38 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Someone translated a bit of an interview on 4chan. It was from one of the Kossori sessions I guess? Maybe not though. Anyway, here's what they said:

One audience member asked: "Do you have any desire to remake Penguindrum with the same cast of characters, but completely gag or completely serious? What would it be about?"

(Personally, I took this as a question about whether there were any plans to produce a parallel story continuation type thing, lol)

Ikuhara: "I do."
Audience: Zawa... zawa...
Ikuhara: "As far as what it'd be about..... that's a secret *smirk*."
Audience: WOAH

Trolling the audience? It would be nice if he made some more penguindrum stuff.

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#6 | Back to Top12-27-2011 10:20:28 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Does this mean that it's possible to expect a movie?

#7 | Back to Top12-31-2011 09:52:30 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

....really?

Hmm. It's hard to say, that would have a lot to do with how popular the show is in Japan, and I'm not really sure of that. I know the airing timeslot was brutal early in the morning, but maybe that's par for the course in Japan?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer