This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top03-27-2007 08:25:15 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Re: Dreams

Well, as if this isn't a thousand years old. But I feel like sharing this, and I would imagine this is the place.

I had an IRG dream! How excitingly dumb, I know. Especially seeing as I'm not like, Miss IRG '07 or anything. But if I could control my dreams, this would have been a whole lot sexier anyway. There was a convention that for some odd and starge reason we all decided to go to as a group. When I got the the convention center was like, an exact replica of movie-Ohtori. With giant moving buildings and staircases that lead to nowhere, the whole shebang. We had a typical little meet-and-greet thing, and everyone was fornicating all over the place. Many a pair of under garments were ruined when Giovanna entered. I got to meet Epi, and it was super neato. Then just as everyone was getting cozy [and people were starting to take their clothes off] the whole building started shaking. Slowly, it started crumbling apart, not like we've seen that anywhere before, cough cough. But it was still different, because it was movie-Ohtori and not the castle. Regardless, we all took it upon ourselves to try and save the building before it was destroyed. Efforts in vain of course, as it sunk into the damn ground. Below the surface of the earth. And when we all landed and the debris cleared somewhat, there he was...

GANDALF.

Yeah, I was expecting Akio at that point, but dreams are unpredictable. Such is life.

SO anywhoo, that was my incredibly boring [but still sexy] dream.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#52 | Back to Top03-27-2007 08:53:16 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Yay, I'm glad that this thread is alive again! emot-biggrin

IRG Dreams as of Lately:

- Well, for one thing, I dreamt that we all had a big IRG meet at a Burger King. (Definitely not the location I would have chosen.)

- A while ago, I dreamt that Epi and I were roleplaying as Mikage and Mamiya, which I completely forgot about until just the other day. A line from Julius Caesar turned up in the roleplay, for some reason.

- I dreamt that Akio wrote Gio a love letter, and I was translating it for her.

- I one of my dreams, I was driving along, and then I ran into Tamago. Then we got attack by wolves. My dream-self was complaining about how inaccurate it was that we were able to fight them off so easily. (Because apparently my dreams are supposed to be accurate.)

- Frosty was in one of my dreams, and I didn't even realize it until I woke up. I was visiting my friend's house in the dream, and I was telling my dream-friend about my adventure on the way there, (which involved people trying to kill me because I had stumbled upon some sort of secret,) and Frosty was nearby.

Last night I had a weird dream. I dreamt that George Bush was trying to pass a law to kill all of the lesbians, and I was like, "What the fuck, he really is as bad as everyone says!" And apparently they had already passed a law like that in China.

#53 | Back to Top03-27-2007 09:20:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Razara wrote:

Yay, I'm glad that this thread is alive again! emot-biggrin

Okay, eventually I might put this in the rules. Thread necromancy is perfectly fine. I don't know why people object to it in the first place. I'd rather see you guys post in one topic than in a million different topics about the same thing. That plus when someone bumps an old thread, people can read through the history and see what's been already said on the subject.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#54 | Back to Top03-27-2007 10:01:30 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

dollface wrote:

GANDALF.

etc-love etc-love If it couldn't be Akio, I'm glad it was Gandalf. etc-love etc-love

Razara wrote:

- I dreamt that Akio wrote Gio a love letter, and I was translating it for her.

...last night I dreamt I had a letter from someone and I couldn't read it, and it frustrated me.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#55 | Back to Top03-27-2007 10:14:17 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

etc-love etc-love If it couldn't be Akio, I'm glad it was Gandalf. etc-love etc-love

It could have been that guy who stole his name. Still, if a wizard did it, it all makes sense.

Yasha wrote:

Thread necromancy, etc.

I never really got this either. Kudos to you for shedding light on this.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#56 | Back to Top03-27-2007 10:44:36 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Yasha wrote:

Thread necromancy

Sorry that I didn't post in this thread again sooner. I guess that I'm still sort of in the same mindset as the last forum I posted on, where people would bite your head off if you posted in a dead thread. emot-gonk

#57 | Back to Top03-27-2007 10:50:58 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh, don't worry about it. Seriously. It's much easier to cross-reference posts in a forum like this, with this many users, if thread necromancy is a viable option. If it changes, I'll let everyone know.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#58 | Back to Top03-30-2007 04:44:56 PM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

My dreams are really boring. @.@ They're really realistic, revolve around events that probably will happen, and are executed in a very realistic fashion. They can be pretty weird occasionally, though.

I dunno if Razara (my twin) already told this story, in the only dream I've had where I die (that I can remember), Razara had the same dream. o.o Same place (Water Country), same water slide, same everything. I don't know if we had it at the same time, because she didn't mention it until a month later.

My theory is that, because Razara and I are always exposed to the same places and events in a day, our brain remembered the information the same way. o.o I think that makes sense....

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#59 | Back to Top03-30-2007 04:57:44 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Creepy, huh?

Last night I dreamt that I was at a store, and I found a Touga bobble-head. I didn't buy it, though, because it turned out to be a Manga-Touga bobble-head. (If I really found one, I would have bought it.) Then I was talking with a girl who worked at the store about why everyone hates Movie-Akio.

Later in the dream, my front yard was flooded, so I went fishing and caught a boot.

#60 | Back to Top04-03-2007 12:28:20 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I had a very short, and very powerful dream a few months ago. To explain it, there's a song you'd have to at least read the lyrics to. You all will groan when you see the artist of it, but bear with me, and maybe give it a listen.

I first heard this song and fell absolutely in love with it. Head over heels. It sounded like my insides-- heavy, turbulent, moody, intense and emotional, but sometimes restrained and surprisingly peaceful. It made me think of breaking hearts, screams, tears and gentle, fingertip touches. I keep a lid on this stuff because it offends my sense of fairness to take out my inner storms on others, but some things just resonate with those storms and this is one of them.

When this song showed up in a dream, I wasn't surprised. It was a very, very simple dream. I was lying in bed with my eyes closed, and there was someone behind me, wrapped around me, leaning on his elbow so that he could look down at me. I could feel his hair tickling my neck, and his fingertips were tracing my cheekbone so lightly I could barely feel them. I knew, in the dream, that this was someone I loved so much that it broke my heart to think of it, and I knew he thought I was asleep. He was just making sure I was real, I guess. Enjoying that I was there. But the thing was, he was humming this song. I felt so wonderfully warm and comfortable and loved that I never wanted this dream to end.

The twist ending-- and of course there is one-- is that between the time I fell in love with the song and the time I had this dream, I'd become aware of the lyrics. If you want to read them, they're pretty romantic, yes... in a completely obsessive and horrifying way that probably ended in a murder. So I have to wonder... why would I dream that, and how did the dream end after I woke up?

While shaking, the last sound is erased
While weeping for our unforgivable sins
Ephemeral dreams, sorrowful dreams, painful dreams announce the end
Into gentle dreams, into beloved dreams, like that day, like that time...

#61 | Back to Top05-05-2007 07:18:59 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Reading this last post reminded me of a very pretty dream I once had.  I don't know if any of you have heard the Pretenders song "2000 Miles" (not to be confused with the Proclaimers song "1000 Miles"), but I dreamt that song once.  I was walking through the snow with someone, a woman I think, but I couldn't make her out very clearly, on account of the snow, which was heavy and very, very fine.  The kind of snow that would make even a leadfoot like myself want to dance.  It was very dark, and we were wearing feltish longcoats and cylindrical furry hats, sort of a Russian style if you know what I mean...and people were singing that song.  The funny thing is, I didn't especially like that song before I had that dream, but now...

No notable dreams recently.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#62 | Back to Top05-05-2007 08:30:04 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Last night, I had a horrible dream about me being infected with lice. emot-gonk I've never had lice, so the entire idea of buggies jumping around and eating my scalp freaks me the hell out.

And the night before that, I had the worst nightmare. It started out that all of IRG were going to get on a schoolbus and drive to Russia, starting in America. (Apparently, we were going to drive through the ocean, too. Or maybe there was a bridge across the Atlantic Ocean. Something.) My mother volunteered to come along and chaperone the 18-and-under crowd of IRG. So there we all were, standing there in my school's bus garage, ready to board this gigantic schoolbus about the size of one of those two-floor airplanes. Mum dropped something, and I went on ahead while she picked it up. She stood up, and the bus started up, accelerated, and RAN HER OVER. I woke up and I couldn't stop crying until I realized that I wasn't in a bus garage, and neither were the other IRG members, and my mother was at home. >w<

#63 | Back to Top05-05-2007 08:51:34 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

It started out that all of IRG were going to get on a schoolbus and drive to Russia, starting in America. (Apparently, we were going to drive through the ocean, too. Or maybe there was a bridge across the Atlantic Ocean. Something.)

Actually, Russia is planning a tunnel under the Bering Strait to Alaska.  Seriously.  I think they want to transport oil and gas derived from Siberia through it.  It's planned to be completed in 2013.  <snicker> Yeah, right.

Creepy dream though.  I once had a dream that my father was trying to kill me.  My dad is the most harmless person alive and he was going after me with a knife.  That one fucked me up for days. emot-frown

-Truck North

#64 | Back to Top05-05-2007 09:04:31 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I've had dreams where I've died, too. Most of them, for some reason, just involve my heart giving out. The one I remember most clearly is when I got chased down and killed by the killer from Scream but with a hook for a hand. He got me with the hook, I died and wound up in Hell. Actually, all of the dreams where I die end with me in Hell. It's weird.

I don't have the flying dream because I'm afraid of being high up without something to hold me in. I've had the falling dream once or twice, though. You know, they say that if you have the falling dream and you hit the ground, you're gonna die because no one ever hits the ground.

Then there's my aunt who can predict stuff through dreams. She knows someone's having a baby if she's dreaming about fish.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#65 | Back to Top05-05-2007 09:49:47 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I had a dream gremlins were overrunning the city. I was with a group of random people (no one I recognize, anyway, but in my dream I seemed to know them) trying to fight them off. Unfortunatly we were confused and thought that water was the best way to kill them, when in fact water makes them multiply. It turns out their real weakness was lime Jello.

Can someone interpret this for me?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#66 | Back to Top05-05-2007 09:50:03 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I hate dreams where I die, because they're always realistic enough that I feel as though that would really be my final thoughts before my death.

Anyway, I always have more dreams to add to this thread.

Last night, I had my first Invader Zim dream in years. I don't remember it well enough to describe it, but I think that it was based in one of BioKraze's fanfictions.

Another Touga related dream, though stranger than the last one, started out with me applying for a job to sell pretzels. Touga was interviewing me, and then for some reason he was trying to kill me. (Must have found out that I don't like pretzels.) I was trying to run away, but it was one of those annoying dreams were you can't run fast enough. Then I got annoyed of running, so I turned around to fight him. I never found out who won, though I would like to hope that it was me.

I also dreamt that Kozue got arrested. The reasons why she was arrested were flashing by, as though they were notices popping up on The Sims. There were a lot of reasons, (Kozue, wanted for everything?) but the only one my mind registered was killing a kitten, even though that was Nanami. Maybe she was falsely imprisoned. I remember her saying to me, "Well, what are you waiting for? Get me out of here!"

Edit: Mentioned the same dream twice, and probably ended up remembering a few details differently.

Last edited by Razara (06-18-2007 05:53:03 PM)

#67 | Back to Top05-05-2007 10:06:06 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

I had a dream gremlins were overrunning the city. I was with a group of random people (no one I recognize, anyway, but in my dream I seemed to know them) trying to fight them off. Unfortunatly we were confused and thought that water was the best way to kill them, when in fact water makes them multiply. It turns out their real weakness was lime Jello.

Can someone interpret this for me?

Always keep lime jello in your fridge?

-Truck North

#68 | Back to Top05-05-2007 10:16:46 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I had a horrible nightmare, and I can't believe I'm even going to tell you this, because it's wicked embarassing, but the only thing I really remember about this dream is that there was some sort of resistance agains some kind of ultimate evil... and the ultimate evil was actually a lifeform that had taken the shape of an island, a new continent actually, on Earth. But it could transform.

And I was part of this group making a last stand in this little western town. And there were lots of people. And I showed up, super ominously, big shadow, sun blotted ou, the day was like night, whole nine yards. Its choosen form for eradicating us all?

A giant, 300 foot tall four legged chicken.

emot-gonk

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#69 | Back to Top05-05-2007 10:34:19 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

my dreams either tend to make me really happy or really fucking terrify me.

Happy: I had a dream me and my fiance (my boyfriend in RL) we sleeping in this AWESOME loft with sun beaming through half closed blind. This was apparently post-sex and we just lying in the bed  laughing and talking and being all cuddly. Apparently I just sold my first blockbuster novel, think freaking almost J.K. Rowling famous, and he was working very lucratively owning his own indie RPG publishing company. He preposed and we had....errr 'celebrated' the night away. I woke up with a very blissful  smile

FUCKING TERRIFYING: I had a dream that my mother raped me. With a penis and everything. Now at the same time she was...er violating me, she was spouting off typical 'it's wiser to do this how I tell you to' esque parent-isms.I remember the room was dark and she was holding me and that I was gagged. (Now I should mention I am terrified of my mother. To say we have a passive aggressive, love/hate relationship is an UNDERSTATEMENT. She freaking choked me when I was like 10 and I've been dealing with matricidal urges for about 2 years or so. On the other hand I worry for her and take care of her and I seek her approval nigh-constantly, no matter how much I hate her opinion or severve amounts of judgemental behaivor)

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#70 | Back to Top05-07-2007 10:29:08 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Quite a few months ago, I had another bizarre dream. I don't know why I didn't post it until now, but here we go...

While walking through a New England neighborhood, I stumbled across an abandoned manor with a lone willow tree between it and its family's graveyard. I never got a glimpse of what the place looked like behind the front, but I walked in anyway and saw...the ghost of a fourteen year old girl. She said her name was Katrina, and that something horrific happened upstairs. I tried to get her to show me what happened, yet she refused to go anywhere beyond the confines of the first floor. So I went upstairs and found where the family had been killed. Apparently, the death was so traumatic that even Katrina, as a ghost, wanted nothing to do with it and left the second floor alone. There was a third floor, but it was mostly attic.

The really weird part was the graveyard. If you pushed a certain gravestone aside (it might have belonged to Katrina; right now I can't remember much of it, but still), it moved to reveal a ladder down into a small crypt chamber. I don't remember much about the crypt, except that it was very cold, made of marble and the hurricane lamps had blue flames instead of normal red flames.

I never learned much else from this dream, but it was definitely interesting. I think I was placed there to try and help Katrina overcome her fear of her own death. She accepted that she was dead, but refused to accept HOW she died. Very odd, really...

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#71 | Back to Top05-07-2007 12:53:57 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had another dream last night. Well, a few of them, but I only put effort into remembering SKU related dreams. I woke up at twelve thirty and wrote it down, since I knew that I wouldn't remember it in the morning if I didn't.

"I dreamt that Mikage was acting really crazy. He was talking to Utena about the weather, and then he looked at an empty spot next to him and said, "Don't you agree, Mamiya?" But Mamiya wasn't really there, so Utena was confused. He did the same thing while he was talking to Tokiko, and since she knew who Mamiya was, she realized that he thought that he was talking to her dead brother. She tried to tell Mikage that Mamiya was really dead, dramatically saying that it wasn't right for him to continue believing that he was alive. But security thought that she was drunk, so they escorted her from the Nemuro Hall."

When I woke up, I remember thinking, "Tokiko's a pretty cool character. I should rewatch the episodes with her in it tomorrow and analyze her." But then I realized that it was just a dream. o_o

Also, I dreamt last night that I failed a Spanish quiz, and today I really did fail a Spanish quiz. It's just a coincidence, obviously.

#72 | Back to Top05-07-2007 02:12:00 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

That's clearly coincidence, Razara.

Last night, I was putting together my outfit for Blood Feast III, so I guess I was thinking about it when I went to bed. I dreamt that I was walking in the door, and I saw Razara and Gio sitting at the bar. I assume no one here has ever been to an Astrid Haven show, so it was very odd seeing them there, dressed normally. Razara was at the bar nursing a glass of whiskey [she appeared to have had a few already], and Gio was beside her reading the newspaper. It was very strange. Later on that night, I saw Epi, and she was so short! It was funny to see us together, she was a whole foot shorter than me. She tackled me and started speaking in German. I responded in French. This was all well and good [but so impressed was she by him...], but the best part of my dream was just that my outfit looked good emot-biggrin

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#73 | Back to Top05-11-2007 01:38:30 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

dollface wrote:

Gio was beside her reading the newspaper.

That actually sounds quite like me. emot-keke

I dreamt about. That's incredibly awesome. cool I really need to post in this thread right when I get to work, when I still remember what I dreamt. I dreamt about the forums last night actually but I recall none of it now. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#74 | Back to Top05-11-2007 06:24:20 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'm sad. I never remember my dreams anymore. emot-frown

#75 | Back to Top05-11-2007 07:04:37 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Yasha wrote:

I'm sad. I never remember my dreams anymore. emot-frown

Neither can I.  Once in a rare while I'll remember one, but that's so infrequent that I can't recall the last time I did remember one...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

Board footer