This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-18-2007 03:59:48 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Re: Halloween Costumes

A skinny tall friend is going as Jack Skellington and i'm going as Sally, from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The past year i went as a mime 8D

#27 | Back to Top10-21-2007 06:13:35 PM

Dross
Mikage Mistruster

I'm planning on matching my little sister. She is either going to go as Marie Antionette or Eddie Sedgwick.

Sooo I'm either going as Oscar de Jerjei-something-or-other or Audrey Hepburn.

I'm leaning towards Audrey, it'll be SO much easier^_^

#28 | Back to Top10-22-2007 01:47:34 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I'm going to be a human-bishounen version of Brian Griffin from Family Guy.

You heard me right.

#29 | Back to Top10-22-2007 08:51:41 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Trench Kamen wrote:

You heard me right.

WON THE THREAD. We can all go home now.

(Bonus points if you add pictures)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#30 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:25:30 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I'm going to be a flapper booze whore from the 20's!! Hee- hee-

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#31 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:28:36 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Trench Kamen wrote:

emot-aaa that is so cool post pics please emot-smile

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#32 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:31:59 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

emot-aaa that is so cool post pics please emot-smile

Oh I so will! Got my kimono (albeit it's probably not from the 20's but it'll do), short black dress slip, thigh highs, black bob, and black pumps.

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#33 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:56:05 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

This was my last Halloween costume two years ago. Yes, I'm a huge dork.

http://www.samuraiman.com/~stuff/luigi2.jpg

My shorter, stouter roommate was Mario, and the pink thing is Peach's shoulder.  I don't really want to put their picture up without permission so I cropped them out.  Anyway, my favorite part is definitely the cap.  Oh, and my mustache was genuine. Mustaches are weird, but anything for a costume. That day we, oddly enough, saw a few other Marios (with much worse hats) with ugly fake mustaches.  I should've started growing it sooner to get it better, but it was still better than the fake ones.

#34 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:58:31 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

mazoboom wrote:

Luigi!

Awesome! emot-keke

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#35 | Back to Top10-23-2007 12:25:00 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

That IS totally awesome. im planning a Princess Peach costume soon. (brawl version)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#36 | Back to Top10-23-2007 01:40:34 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

I"m still toying on if I'm gonna dress up for Halloween. If I do, I'm going to try to cosplay as Utena. I have a fake blonde wig I bought on clearance a couple years ago that I'm gonna dye pink, and I got some red sleep pants that I can hem to look like her pants. I need to get a black shirt so I can make the top, though. That is, if I have time. emot-rofl

Icon from Kawaii Not

#37 | Back to Top10-23-2007 09:21:46 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Hinotori wrote:

Trench Kamen wrote:

You heard me right.

WON THE THREAD. We can all go home now.

(Bonus points if you add pictures)

Of course I will. cool

#38 | Back to Top10-24-2007 06:19:00 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

My mom and I found a pattern that reminded me A LOT of Anthy's dress.  I also found some cloaks/etc. to drape around it for the Witch over-costume. ;-)  I'm pretty excited.

Funny story--we got this pattern that didn't have very good instructions.  I felt sure that the little iconic pictures with numbers next to them were telling us what kind of thread, elastic, etc. to get.  I stopped an employee and asked if she could decipher it.  During the discussion, it became obvious I was going to use the dress as part of a costume and she asked what I was going to be.  I showed her the pictures I'd printed for my mom and she said, "Oh, you're going to be Anthy!  You decided against the ballgown?"  I said, "Yes, I thought that would be a bit too ambitious."  When I walked out, I realized I should have shown her my ring and tattoo, which were hidden under the papers and my jacket.  Haha.  There is at least 1 other fan here...

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (10-24-2007 06:19:47 PM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#39 | Back to Top10-24-2007 06:35:22 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

mazoboom wrote:

This was my last Halloween costume two years ago. Yes, I'm a huge dork.

http://www.samuraiman.com/~stuff/luigi2.jpg

My shorter, stouter roommate was Mario, and the pink thing is Peach's shoulder.  I don't really want to put their picture up without permission so I cropped them out.  Anyway, my favorite part is definitely the cap.  Oh, and my mustache was genuine. Mustaches are weird, but anything for a costume. That day we, oddly enough, saw a few other Marios (with much worse hats) with ugly fake mustaches.  I should've started growing it sooner to get it better, but it was still better than the fake ones.

That picture is made of awesome. etc-love

A while ago I had a dream where I met Ikuhara, and I told him that he looked like Luigi. I'm still not entirely sure how my mind made that connection, but I still think of Ikuhara every time I see Luigi now. o _o

#40 | Back to Top10-24-2007 06:37:37 PM

RodimusBen
Wakaba Wrangler

Trying to imagine the Brian costume...

I have absolutely NO money this year, so I came up with a cheap idea. I'm going as the narrator from The Raven. I'm just wearing my bathrobe and pajamas, but I'm going to fasten a plastic raven to my shoulder. I'm also going to make props-- a book of "forgotten lore" and a picture of "lost Lenore."

Hey, it's a literary reference.

Changing subjects slightly, I'm not sure how many of you are in college, but it seems like in college, Halloween is just an excuse for girl to dress as slutty as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...

I believe God made me for a purpose. But he also made me fast. And when I run... I feel His pleasure. - Chariots of Fire

#41 | Back to Top10-24-2007 08:59:31 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

RodimusBen wrote:

Changing subjects slightly, I'm not sure how many of you are in college, but it seems like in college, Halloween is just an excuse for girl to dress as slutty as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...

That's not limited to college, is it? It seems to be pretty prominent all over the place. But I could be wrong.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#42 | Back to Top10-25-2007 02:08:00 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

It does seem to be a pretty popular theme for girls' costumes...probably contributes to my desire to do things that are offbeat.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#43 | Back to Top10-26-2007 12:11:51 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Chani doesn't do much that is slutty. >>;;; That.... would be scary.

Anyway. I'm working at the local haunted house this month (so sleep deprived right now), so I'll be there for Halloween. I have my gothy vamp-dress that I've mostly stopped using as a vamp-dress because I have a neat little pirate hat. Yes. Vamp-dress + pirate-hat = pirate-wenchy sort of costume. emot-biggrin Don't knock it. I love the dress. I recently bought a longer straight black wig for it, since my hair is shoulder length and that's so not correct for the time-period.

So. Chani needs ideas for make-up for it. Anything she does looks all gothy.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#44 | Back to Top10-26-2007 02:09:21 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

I don't know how I'd go about dressing up as anything! I don't want to buy a costume, and Dross isn't here to make me one! emot-frown I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was like 12.

#45 | Back to Top10-26-2007 02:43:23 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Emiemipoemi go as Death from The Sandman Comics. That's generally my fall back cotume for everything.

This year I am going as a witch and I only had to make a few purchases such as the hat, which is totally groovy and awesome, and a pair of black and orage striped socks but I needed more cool socks anyway. Hopefully my sister will get picutures so I can share.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#46 | Back to Top10-28-2007 06:44:53 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I love Halloween so much. I love dressing up. I wish I knew how to sew on a sewing machine so I could make my own costumes.. Halloween costumes  at most of the Halloween stores here usually cost too much and are made of very cheap material. emot-frown

But, this year, I found a more off-brand and cheaper costume of a naughty nun. Anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for naughty, lesbian nuns. So I got it. I wore it at my friend's Halloween party last friday already, and I'm sure I'll wear it for more than just Halloween. etc-love

The skirt is really, really short. I wore it with some thigh high fishnet stockings and when I sit down you could see the lacey top of the thigh highs. o_O Oh well, it looks great! My friend loaned me her cross and her ruler. emot-biggrin

#47 | Back to Top10-29-2007 04:44:55 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Ragnarok wrote:

RodimusBen wrote:

That's not limited to college, is it? It seems to be pretty prominent all over the place. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think it's pretty universal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AtCmpSW7TY

In my corner of the world, tons of people crowd into Waikiki every Halloween. It's a hell of a lot of fun, but the "costume" selection of most of the girls I've seen is just skimpy outfits, maybe with some angel or devil wings added on. Not that I'm complaining... school-devil

As for me, I'm not sure if I'll dress up this year. The last two years in a row I was Anakin Skywalker from Episode III. Yes, I'm that much of a geek.

#48 | Back to Top10-29-2007 11:14:27 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Yeah, 90% of the girl costumes are "sexy" something.. Not that I mind, I would just rather there be more variety than "sexy -insert profession here-" I'm not one to talk, though, since I'm going as a naughty nun, but it's because I have a bit of an obsession with naughty/lesbian nuns. etc-love

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (10-29-2007 11:14:43 AM)

Board footer