This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-02-2011 11:24:25 AM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

Possible alternate ending to the movie?

Instead of turning Utena into a car, maybe she could have turned into a light pink Pegasus herself, and instead of turning into other cars, the students could have become a flock of crows or something else that's creepy and dark. Also, they could have had the castle grow until it became an enormous 3-d labyrinth encasing everything, with the protagonists getting out only once they'd decided to smash through the walls rather than navigate their surfaces.

Then again, they probably thought of something like this and decided the required budget would be way too big.

#2 | Back to Top03-02-2011 11:52:45 PM

Randamonian
Rose Bride

Re: Possible alternate ending to the movie?

No way. THIS SHOULDA HAPPENED!

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/17722-2/Rinbu_Revolution_104.jpg

You're into Sailor Moon.... aren't you? With a bit of Princess Tutu...

#3 | Back to Top03-03-2011 05:46:36 AM

Artsychick
Touga Topper
Website

I agree 100%, I was so disappointed to see that this scene never actually happened in the series. I would love the movie so much more if it tied up some lose strings from the series, could you imagine Utena and Anthy going to the castle of eternity (since it’s a tangible place in the movie) and learning about the origin of Dios and Anthy.

Roses, everywhere! Of every color! In your architecture! In your teacups! In your jam!

#4 | Back to Top03-09-2011 08:32:41 PM

taiki
Wakaba Wrangler

Artsychick wrote:

I agree 100%, I was so disappointed to see that this scene never actually happened in the series. I would love the movie so much more if it tied up some lose strings from the series, could you imagine Utena and Anthy going to the castle of eternity (since it’s a tangible place in the movie) and learning about the origin of Dios and Anthy.

I don't know.  When you know the mystery behind the magic, it is no longer magic.

On some level, I'd rather not know the whole story behind Dios and Anthy. 

I agree, though, there should've been SOMETHING involving the awesome looking armor and horses.

#5 | Back to Top03-10-2011 08:04:17 PM

Azure
High Tripper
Website

Artsychick wrote:

But technically Dios didn't exist in the movie. He was metaphorical. Akio existed, but the concept of the "prince" was all in their heads. I really would like to see them go to the castle though.

Indefinite. Empty. Mythos & Eternity

#6 | Back to Top03-24-2011 04:37:42 PM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

Overlord Morgus wrote:

Instead of turning Utena into a car, maybe she could have turned into a light pink Pegasus herself, and instead of turning into other cars, the students could have become a flock of crows or something else that's creepy and dark.

Combine this with 2 hours of My Little Pony cartoons prior to this post and you get a very weird image.

~On my first watching, I kept waiting for the horses and badass armor to appear emot-frown Oy vey.

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#7 | Back to Top03-25-2011 07:03:12 AM

Koshernova
Touga Topper
Website

Have they ever mentioned WTF was up with the horseys and the armor? Was there a planned part of the story that was going to feature them or were they always meant solely for eye candy in the opening?

#8 | Back to Top03-25-2011 10:26:25 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

It's a reference to the Sailor Moon movie Ikuni wanted to make, with Michiru and Haruka as the stars. That idea evolved into Utena.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#9 | Back to Top03-25-2011 03:12:52 PM

Rose Bleue
Wakaba Wrangler

Anthiena wrote:

It's a reference to the Sailor Moon movie Ikuni wanted to make, with Michiru and Haruka as the stars. That idea evolved into Utena.

Really? That's awesome, because Michiru and Haruka are awesome... xD

By the way, the first time one of my friend saw the opening he shouted "It's saint seiya but with lesbians!" in that exact frame.

Eadem mutata resurgo

Board footer