This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-06-2007 06:08:50 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Dreams

There's an Utena dreams thread, so, why not?

I had a dream I was a goose the other night. They wanted me to fly off of a wooden platform, but I didn't know how to, and was absolutely terrified. I ended up clinging to one of the supporting beams for the railing on the wooden platform and crying - as a goose. I didn't think geese could cry!

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#2 | Back to Top01-07-2007 12:19:20 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: Dreams

That's weird. I don't think geese can cry.

I once dreamt that I kissed a girl I liked and then turned into a frog.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#3 | Back to Top01-07-2007 11:21:13 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I've had some long and strange dreams. I'll post them in here when I don't have to go to bed in half an hour emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top01-08-2007 01:12:26 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I had a dream last night. I bought some drugs from my brother as a birthday present for my friend Kapria. That in itself is very odd, as I am incredibly anti-drug. Anyway, I was on a train and we stopped for gas, but suddenly the gas station turned into a McDonalds, and I was arrested for driving all into a resturaunt and killing lots of people. Then they found my cocaine, but it turned out to be sugar. They still tried me for it, because it was white, and it was after labor day.

emot-gonk

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#5 | Back to Top01-08-2007 01:27:15 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I had a dream last night that the world was ending.
One by one, each person looked at the water and fell in love with their reflection, kissed it, and drowned themselves by trying to become one with the lover they saw in the depths.  One by one the suicides happened, until only myself and a faceless person were left, looking down at the silvery mass of water and people.

Such an odd dream!

Edit because I just reread Champion Duelest post...
Because it was white and after Labor Day?  Very Douglas Adams!

Last edited by Iris (01-08-2007 01:28:48 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#6 | Back to Top01-09-2007 06:53:51 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Iris wrote:

Edit because I just reread Champion Duelest post...
Because it was white and after Labor Day?  Very Douglas Adams!

lol, I have no idea where that came from at all. So random!

And your dream was very deep, like a book O.O I would totally buy that book.

And btw: My status is Champion Duelist, not my name

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#7 | Back to Top01-10-2007 09:20:42 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Yeah, I kinda replied to your post when I was half asleep... how embarasing emot-keke;
Hm, I didn't think of turning it into a book, but that's not a bad idea.  I was thinking more along the lines of a painting, but, a book could probably work well too.

Another dream I had, last night.  Through the perspective of a ruby cufflink!
There was an elderly woman who I used to talk to who owned a little jewerly antique shop on a trendy part of the city I live in...
She brought out her silver every day and polished it, sayind "Sometimes, it's just something you have to do.  They just need to show the world how beautiful they are."  Every little peice of jewlerly was a memory, and she only really wanted an excuse to be around her beloved things.  Their was a ruby cufflink that she loved the most, and it loved her too; although she would never know it.  Stones speak too slowly for people to hear.
One day, there was a fire, burning down all of the store, but she was in the middle, polishing everything, unwilling to move, wanting only to stay with her beloved memories.
The cufflink, horrified, spoke to the fire and asked "Why?  Why do this to her?"
And the fire replied:   " "Sometimes, it's just something you have to do.  They just need to show the world how beautiful they are."

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#8 | Back to Top01-10-2007 10:28:33 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Last night, I dreamed that I was in a shopping mall where you could find anything you wanted...if you could stand the massive crowds, the unfinished sections where monsters lurked and the thirteen stories of mazelike catwalks and outcroppings. I don't think it had a name. I was holding onto bits and pieces of a sapphire, convinced that it had magical powers. All I needed to do, I had told myself, was find the right magician to unlock its secrets. My family kept telling me I was crazy. I also got lost a lot. Where's a directory when you need one? (There weren't any signs. You had to hope you found what you wanted.)

I've had odder dreams before, but this one sticks out in my mind.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#9 | Back to Top01-14-2007 08:19:47 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

I always tend to have dreams that involve me, and people I know. Most of the time, it's some random guy from school or one of my guy friends. One dreams involved a clan that was against the non-religious aspect of Christmas. Everyone where you went, you'd see stuff burning: Christmas trees, santa manequins, fake reindeer, etc. These folks pretty much took over the world and the rest of us who still believed in the Christmas spirit were forced to live underground. Me and my guy friend were part of a resistance factor called the Mortal Kombat Resistance Force (something like that). At the end of the dream, we were all battling each other like in the martial arts movies. Whoa.

#10 | Back to Top01-14-2007 07:48:57 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I once had a dream in which I was a survivor in a high-tech Earth where you had to look over your shoulder constantly, or you would end up dead for many human reasons. For some reason, my arms and legs were bionic enhancements. I never found out why. Living in small dens, alone, taking on my greatest enemy: the world itself and the evil that ran freely through it.

I found this one strange girl in an alleyway, couldn't have been more than thirteen or fourteen years old. I took her in and took care of her. She was completely mute, couldn't speak a word, but her eyes seemed to convey what she was thinking, almost like a telepath. As a result of taking care of her (food, clothing, shelter, safety), she began to do anything I asked of her. Whether it was to remain behind while I foraged, to accompany me during travels. To please me in any way, shape or form seemed to be this little girl's wish. ANYTHING. Even have sex with me, if I had asked for it. She didn't care. I believed she was showing her gratitude, or perhaps she was simply doing what she had been "programmed" to do through years of servitude and torture. I could not know; I did not know her past, and had no way to find out.

It actually scared me that I would dream of such things. Imagine the awesome power you have over what amounts to a forgotten slave. Would you take care of it, treat it like a respectable human, or would you use and abuse it like so much chattel? It's a life you have facing you, and you have to make a decision before the forces of rampant evil come to take your life and theirs. Would you have done what I did? Would you have done anything differently?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#11 | Back to Top01-14-2007 08:29:04 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

In almost every dream i have, theres a mysterious man forcibly having sex with me ( i say its not rape because when the man forces it i gladly accept it) i almost never see the man's face either. either his hair covers his face or the way im seeing it only allows me to see from his nose down, no eyes. it happens alot....such as last night, he had wicked long white hair. *drool*

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#12 | Back to Top01-20-2007 10:59:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I can only remember little snips and bits of dreams that I've had for the most part; either that or big epics that would take more time than I have to tell at the moment. For now, I think I'll give you a couple of those little snips.

I dream about water a lot. It shows up in almost every single dream that I can remember. I just wanted to point that out before I start, because you will notice it right away.

First snip: I remember being seated in a cafe, waiting for Gio, who had apparently stood me up. I was annoyed; I looked at my watch, stood up, and left, turning a corner and getting misted by the spray of a nearby fountain. As I was brushing the wet hair out of my eyes, I happened to glance up and see Touga, who was smirking at me. I just kept walking.

Second snip: I remember searching frantically through an ivory city filled with gardens, gold inlay, and pools, for something that I don't remember now. Seeing a place with trees and a small hill, I ran to it and sat down, feeling through the grass as if I'd lost something very tiny. After a few moments, my fingers turned something over, and I pulled a tiny bouquet out of the grass. It was red, with little berries, and a tiny brown mushroom in it, and the sight of it relaxed me. It was so small that I cold only hold it between my finger and thumb. The only thing I remember after that is wading into one of the pools with the little red bouquet clutched in front of me and watching blackness billow out from wherever I touched the water, taking over the pool. It wasn't as if I was causing it-- it felt like I was revealing it.

Third snip: I remember looking down to see my toes gripping the edge of a cliff so tall that the clouds were beneath me. The most beautiful, clear ocean I have ever seen, dreamt of, or even imagined lay below-- so clear that you could see the aqua-tinted landscape of the bottom, the forests of seaweed, hills, valleys, mountains, everything. The sun was so warm that I could almost feel the individual rays beating on my back, and the wind gently puffed them away from my skin. I remember looking up, and feeling like I was in the warmest, safest, best and most beautiful place in the world. So I took a deep breath, and dove. The only recollection I have after that is the feeling of how the cold mist of the cloud stuck to my skin when I fell.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#13 | Back to Top01-21-2007 03:55:10 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I just dreamt I was at the theater watching a movie that was, well, excessively dystopian sci-fi. Which is funny, it's not a genre I'm terribly familiar with. Anyway, it started out with a mother and a boy dreaming, the boy was dying and the two were so close the mother could visit his dreams. They were talking about his disease, and there was a protein with a typically long name that he kept pronouncing wrong. He pronounced it a certain way and it perplexed the mother, because he'd described in name a new protein. When she woke up, this protein turned out to be the cure to his disease. By some slippery slope, however, it also made companies able to graft computer chips onto organic substances, which naturally let to people getting more and more mechanical. (Hehe I saw a supertechy bigbrothery Microsoft logo.) Blah blah, the companies and government kinda melded and people had less and less of a will of their own. There was something of it, like I saw two guys trying to kiss (they looked more like wireframe people) and it zapped them, and you never saw your wages, they automatically purchased things you were thought to need. The premise of the movie was that there was just enough consciousness left in some people to try and undo it, and it boiled down to figuring out what the name of the stupid protein was. It was pretty actiony, stuff blowing up, etc, etc. Some of the visuals were pretty neat. There were cities that were basically huge server computers, and you'd walk in and there'd be walkways and just a whole ocean of cables around you in this huge expanse that would go downward for miles. People called the bottom 'the ocean of bolts and needles' or something, and in the shallower parts near walkways there were white spinning platforms with human shapes melded into their design, with one in the center that did nothing but ask simple questions of the humans grafted to it. Things like 'What is your favorite color?' and they'd do nothing but this. The movie ended around here, and I left the theater and walked back to the car where my family was waiting.

I woke up here and got up and ate grapes and checked the forum and went back to bed. And YAY I picked up the same dream! Except it wasn't a movie now, it was real and I was there. Now they were added three new 'supercomputers' to the global network. Naturally they're made out of peeeeeeeeeeeeeople, and everyone was really cool with basically being run by computers because the computers had human minds in them. It was apparently a huge honor to become this thing, and the procedure was watched on TVs and such all over, and some people got to actually be in the server to view it. It was two men and a woman, and their skin had already been covered in flexible circuity and you were just watching all this big todo. I remember being sad for them, because they wouldn't be people at all anymore, and scared because the cables that would be inserted looked rather painful. They had pointy tips and though I woke up before this all started, I seemed to know I'd hear the metal scraping on bone. emot-gonk

Anyway I'm sure that's the plot of some really shitty sci-fi book I've heard about or something. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#14 | Back to Top01-21-2007 05:36:25 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

This is more of an IRG dream, but last night I dreamt that ShatteredMirror, morosemocha, and I were all going on a road trip together in the Utena Mobile . I don't remember where we were going, but at some point we stopped at a carnival and ate cotton candy together. Then we were staying at hotel, and I found an Akio plushie in the hallway. But then the next morning the women who owned the hotel accused me of stealing a shirt that I was wearing, and she dragged me out to the car where ShatteredMirror and morosemocha were waiting for me. For some reason, there was a big battle between all of us, and Barret(?) from Final Fantasy VII was killed with one of Touga's throwing knives.

I'm confused too. emot-frown

#15 | Back to Top01-21-2007 05:39:15 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Razara wrote:

Barret(?) from Final Fantasy VII was killed with one of Touga's throwing knives.

I guess Touga pities the fool? emot-confused

....I'll be quiet.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#16 | Back to Top01-21-2007 05:42:35 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Does anyone here know how to translate the meaning of dreams? I seen a few books on the subject but they either don't have any references to the stuff I wanna translate or they all claim different meanins for the same thing.

#17 | Back to Top01-21-2007 06:00:01 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Dream interpretation is tricky business. The reason you see books with different meanings is that 99% of the time, trying to give one blanket meaning to a symbol in a dream in gimmicky retarded bullshit, because dream symbolism is built on your personal, internal set of symbols, which will only reflect the 'common' set in certain places where it overwhelmed what would potentially be your own idea of what something should represent. I've pecked around with it, although not in years...I was most familiar with the Freudian technique, which amounted to everything except sex = sex. emot-keke

Some dreams are pretty universal. The naked running dream, the pop quiz dream, the destruction of your teeth dream, etc, etc. These are common dreams because they're built around common experiences and common ideas of decency. None of us want to be naked in public (well most of the time, you pervy pervs), but do you think some tribe in Africa that wears nothing but those little penis straps ever dreams that? Probably not. Are they late for exams? No, but they might be late for their tribal initiation.

Anyway there are largely two kinds of interpretation. Thematic interpretation, which is the above, and symbolic interpretation, which is more where Freud landed. In the former, you take the dream as a whole, the 'plot' and analyze it based on that. Symbolic interpretation is more concerned with specific things, like colors you run into a lot, or the presence of water. The latter is where you get those symbol books, but you can get further on your own with thematic interpretation, because it becomes basically the same deal as looking for themes in Hamlet or SKU or whatever you want. You're thinking about the theme of incest or the theme of revenge, where with symbolic interpretation, you're looking at the skull or Akio's car. Either way works, but you need to be able to really examine yourself for the latter. Others can point you in a direction, but no one knows what a mirror in a dream means to you better than you.

FOR EXAMPLE!

Anal Sex

To dream about anal sex, represents submission. You may be afraid to yield to the wants and desires of others.

How about no!

Fetishes

To dream that you have a fetish, indicates a lack of maturity  or capabilities. It may also be symbolic of a fear.

emot-confused

Impotence

To dream that you are impotent, signifies a fear of losing power. Maybe you are afraid that you won't measure up to a particular person or task in your life. A more direct interpretation suggest that you may be having problems with sex in your waking life.

Okay maybe this is a pretty reliable one. I'm not sure though. Ask Akio.

Pregnant

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it.  This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

OR YOU'RE HAVING A GOD DAMN NIGHTMARE.

By the way, the study of this sort of thing, unsurprisingly, will itself change your internal set of symbols. I studied Freudian symbolism enough that I pretty much dream in Freudian symbolism.

My dreams often look like SKU. Lotta phallic objects and implied penetration.

...what?

#18 | Back to Top01-21-2007 06:38:09 PM

MadHatter
Saionji Slapper
Website

One time, I had this dream, and I was in this field with all my friends. Except All my friends had turned into salami. One of them said, "Hey! Come on! Eat us!" And I replied, "No! I can't do that! You guys are my friends!" Then she said, "No, it's OK! We want you to!" So... I ate them. It was pretty weird.

I also had this dream that I was sitting around with my sister, and this baby racoon ran past us. I said, "Hey, look at that racoon." And then I woke up.

My dreams are pretty lame, once and a while I'll have a cool one where I'll save the world, but that's really rare.

http://i13.tinypic.com/30digzo.jpg

#19 | Back to Top01-21-2007 06:43:46 PM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

One time I had a dream I could fly on a broomstick. (I had been reading Harry Potter earlier that day.) I thought, "Hey, I should go fly outside! It's dark out, so no one would be able to see me. But one out of ten bats have rabies... if one bit me, I'd never be able to catch it!"

): Even my dream self won't let me have any fun.

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#20 | Back to Top01-21-2007 07:59:10 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

The reason I asked if anyone knew about dream interpretation was I cannot figure out the meaning of my freaky ass dream.

What does it mean when you dream that the highschool you went to now seems to have a brass and mirror makeover and for some reason there are large horizonal concrete pipes sticking out of the school grounds like sewer pipes?

The other odd aspect is why the hell am I some kind of disembodied brain and spine that moves around and takes over someones body by opening the top of their head and inserting myself in their brain cavity?

Its got me puzzled.

#21 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:35:38 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I've never really viewed my dreams as something with a deeper meaning, but more as something linked to whatever it is that I see or do the previous day. I like trying to remember what it was the previous that caused me to dream about something.

#22 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:30:38 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Many times I am running away from things in my dreams, aliens, bad people, the joker, etc. I don't have anybody to ask help for or anything left to go so I have to keep running and running.

And sometimes I get to fly but the moment I am fully concious I am flying and try to control it, I start going down, down, down  and can't fly anymore for a strange reason.

My dreams just suck emot-gonk

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#23 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:32:18 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Razara had a dream with me in it. ::feels special::

Either that, or infectious. emot-keke

One of the most vivid dreams I've ever had is one I had when I was six, and again when I was fifteen.

I was walking around the side of my house, wearing a long white dress. When I was six, it was almost like a communion dress, but the second time, it was more of just a shift. I was barefoot, and the grass was wet, and ahead of me was a beautiful camellia bush, almost a tree it was so large. Camellia's are lovely, if you've never seen one. They have these beautiful, deep green waxy leaves, and double-flowered ones (which this one was) are the most beautiful -they almost look like roses. I remember reaching out to touch one of the blossoms (blood-red) because the drops of water made the flowers sparkle like diamonds, and were so beautiful. Just as the tips of my fingers touched the stem to pick it, a snake shot out, and dug it's fangs into my wrist.

And that's when I woke up. Oo

The most nightmarish part of the dream though, is that I can vividly remember the open mouth of the snake, and the way the mouth and tongue, and eyes....ugh, gives me such shudders. I was never afraid of snakes until I had that dream the first time. I've never been able to bring myself to get near a snake since then.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#24 | Back to Top01-22-2007 02:55:00 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I tend to live my dreams so fiercely and realisticly (yes, i impove my own words, stfu), many people say that it's like a gift, i LIVE my dreams. But in echange, when i have a nightmare i wont be able to speak in the whole day. My nightmares are really horrible, from realistic judgements that reminds me all the mistakes i've done in my life, from rape scenes of my father having sex with my ex, and me tied up in a chair looking at it and splitting my teeth. Also, some nightmares are just... totally random, i am a different person and the 70% of the dream is introducing me to the character i'm living as, and then, his/hers most fears just go so wrong....

I'm insomniac, so it's really hard for me to sleep. But everynight that i DO sleep, i dream, and i live different stories.

Oh, btw, i think i've post somewhere in this forum about the dream i had with people from here, naked and eating duck in a christmas dinner.

#25 | Back to Top01-22-2007 03:31:31 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

The last dream I had was me being able to fly. And before anyone starts singing "I Believe I Can Fly", don't. I've had several dreams of me flying, but this one was specific because it was a cold wintery day and I was taking a shortcut that doesn't really exist, but it connects two streets that actually exist. It was wonderful. Too bad my mom woke me up. >:

I'm sure dreams have meaning, but considering how I can't understand my conscious thoughts, I'm not gonna even try with the subconscious kind.

Board footer