This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-02-2006 10:03:05 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Re: Utena fanart!

Dematrah wrote:

The Art Institute didn't seem to think my style was developed enough. emot-gonk
I think my mind was trying to give me my own version of the scene where Juri is looking up toward the castle when it starts raining after her last battle with Utena where her locket shattered. I love that shot SO MUCH. emot-redface

>.> I actually go to the Art Institute...they dont like anime really they go for like cartoonish(ex.disney character) style/comic(ex marval) style. They dont like huge eyes razor nose.... though lot of my class mates likes/draw anime but its always on the side....i kinda switch a bit to fantasy cause of wow which helped me a little in keeping in school...now i just draw a hell lot of life drawing to try and get better in that area
http://www.deviantart.com/view/42413294/ this is one of my drawings for life drawings, persons nude but i think we are use to it cause of utena
but my anatomy aint perfect yet x_x nor is my gesture...lets just say i draw lots of anatomy

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#27 | Back to Top11-07-2006 09:12:31 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

My first Utena-related fanart ever is actually up in the fandom section-- http://www.ohtori.nu/fandom/fanart/Lill … Nanami.jpg :D (warning: weird hands & impossible poses abound)

However, the piece that I am the most proud of is this:

http://www.lemon-chiffon.org/etc/drawings/absolut.jpg

#28 | Back to Top11-07-2006 10:17:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh my god. That's awesome emot-gonk

I want that in fanart emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#29 | Back to Top11-07-2006 11:06:59 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

lol now thats something i'd drink...go make a prototype!

if not...I will

Last edited by UtenaFanGirl (11-07-2006 11:07:22 PM)

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#30 | Back to Top11-07-2006 11:22:51 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I have a new mission in life. Yeah, I'm making a drink named 'Absolute Destiny Apocalypse'. I'll get back to you with details when I have something good.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#31 | Back to Top11-08-2006 07:31:30 AM

Ger
Rose Smilee
Website

Nessy wrote:

My first Utena-related fanart ever is actually up in the fandom section-- http://www.ohtori.nu/fandom/fanart/Lill … Nanami.jpg emot-biggrin (warning: weird hands & impossible poses abound)

WHOA

THAT is that icon that's been floating around LJ for ages!!!!! I took it from someone who took it from someone who took it from someone and no one knew who to credit! May I use it and credit you???? etc-loveetc-love

#32 | Back to Top11-09-2006 12:01:54 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

.....I just thought of something...

How would you guys feel about a contest over who could mix the best drink on the theme of that picture? I really want to run some good contests on this forum, but I don't know who all is even old enough to do something like that... it might not be worth my time.

Then again, if I emailed Absolut and told them I was running a contest with their vodka, they might offer a sample or two as a prize...

I dunno. What do you think?

#33 | Back to Top11-09-2006 07:25:33 AM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Yasha wrote:

Oh my god. That's awesome emot-gonk

I want that in fanart emot-gonk

Thank you! emot-redface

You can put it there if you want. I was going to send it to you anyway, eventually, but just never got around to it. emot-confused

Ger wrote:

WHOA

THAT is that icon that's been floating around LJ for ages!!!!! I took it from someone who took it from someone who took it from someone and no one knew who to credit! May I use it and credit you???? etc-loveetc-love

Yes, of course! You don't actually need to credit me, because a) I really don't mind that much and b) no one else has, but you you certainly can if you want to. (The, uh, fact that people enjoy it so much is, uh, credit enough? I don't know how to word that so that it doesn't sound like something Barnie would say, but I think my point comes through well enough.)

Yasha wrote:

How would you guys feel about a contest over who could mix the best drink on the theme of that picture? I really want to run some good contests on this forum, but I don't know who all is even old enough to do something like that... it might not be worth my time.

Then again, if I emailed Absolut and told them I was running a contest with their vodka, they might offer a sample or two as a prize...

I think that sounds awfully fun, although I am unfortunately not old enough to participate.

#34 | Back to Top11-09-2006 04:09:50 PM

Ger
Rose Smilee
Website

Yasha wrote:

AWESOME idea! I say go for it.

#35 | Back to Top11-09-2006 11:20:57 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Nessy wrote:

I think that sounds awfully fun, although I am unfortunately not old enough to participate.

I'm sure Yasha can make a non alcohalic catagory for youngen like us

and well i'm not a drinker at all so i know how to mix me sodas well

Last edited by UtenaFanGirl (11-09-2006 11:23:42 PM)

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#36 | Back to Top11-29-2006 07:02:58 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Hmm...I'm surprised it took so much digging to find this thread. Don't we like the fanartseeeeees, preeeee::hackhackboozecatchesuphackhack::

Ahhh...have some art. These are pretty bad, I did 'em at work and didn't spend very much time on 'em, but....hey, whatever. Also, remember, no decent image editing software, and a bad scanner.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/morosemocha/anshii.gif

So...strangely proportioned.

I wanted to do a Bollywood SKU piece, but Anshii is as far as I got....emot-frown And I really don't like it all that much, except for her face. emot-keke

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/morosemocha/anshii2.gif

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#37 | Back to Top11-30-2006 12:40:48 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Nessy wrote:

My first Utena-related fanart ever is actually up in the fandom section-- http://www.ohtori.nu/fandom/fanart/Lill … Nanami.jpg emot-biggrin (warning: weird hands & impossible poses abound)

Does anyone else think that rose-flavored vodka would be a cool idea? I mean, they make it in every other flavor since it doesn't really have a taste of its own...

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#38 | Back to Top11-30-2006 01:52:22 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I would love to see a Kabab flavoured vodka so all those people who normally be staggering around craving for a kabab wouldn't have to worry anymore as they would be getting it at the same time. emot-tongue

#39 | Back to Top11-30-2006 07:14:30 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

http://www.shakersvodka.com/main/shakers_rose.html
IT EXISTS!

And here's the thing about vodka I've learned. Even if it doesn't come in a bottle (and it probably does) it isn't that hard to make yourself. o; I had a friend who used to fix cheap vodka with whole cinnamon. It was delicious and gave people stomach aches.

And on a vaguelly fanart-related note. Would anyone be interested in reading a fan work done based loosely on this? I've been playing with the idea for a few months now and I already have some sketches and a pretty good idea of the cast. I'll show off my drawings next time I get near a scanner. I lost my tablet in the war. ;/

Last edited by Hinotori (11-30-2006 07:20:51 AM)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#40 | Back to Top11-30-2006 07:49:19 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hinotori wrote:

IT EXISTS!

emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa I NEED THIS. GIVE ME THIS. WHERE IS IT????

Crap go away boss so I can internet shop for awesome booze.

Also remember that SKU mixed drink? Well there you go.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#41 | Back to Top11-30-2006 01:52:33 PM

G&Ysnumber1fan
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Hey, er..I don't have any art:(, but I need some help from all of you talented artists...
Well, I want to make Utena episode thumbnails like this guy did for Evangelion you can see them here: http://www.toastyfrog.com/toastywiki/in … ailTheatre.
So, um, if anyone wants to callaborate with me on making my dream come true that would be nice. I can make scripts to most if not all the episodes...I just need to find someone who can make thumbnails of the characters faces and help me write some things. I want to put them on the forum so that everyone can enjoy.. so...well any volunteers?

Last edited by G&Ysnumber1fan (11-30-2006 01:57:37 PM)

Akio..and James Brown(R.I.P.) have two things in common:
1)They are sex machines...
2)They are the only ones that could possibly make jumping over the windshield of a car look effortless..

#42 | Back to Top11-30-2006 08:37:29 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

Hinotori wrote:

IT EXISTS!

emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa I NEED THIS. GIVE ME THIS. WHERE IS IT????

Crap go away boss so I can internet shop for awesome booze.

Also remember that SKU mixed drink? Well there you go.

It could be fun to come up with drinks for all the characters. This would obviously be the theme ingredient...

#43 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:16:39 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Yasha wrote:

I'm not old enough but I'd be up for participating. emot-biggrin Although, isn't the pre-existing Pink Lady rather apt for Utena?

Man, and all you people are just completely blowing me away with your m4d dr4w1ng sk1llz!!one Seriously, I'm a tad envious (if I did Utena fanart... it'd be a satiric stick-figure multi-panel comic).

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#44 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:33:03 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

This would obviously be the theme ingredient...

And Blavod!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#45 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:35:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Blavod? Huh?

#46 | Back to Top11-30-2006 11:18:05 PM

ExpositionFairy
Touga Topper
Website

There's a liqueur called "Parfait Amour" that I think would make an excellent ingredient in one of these mixed drinks.  Here's a description:

Parfait d'Amour, or just Parfait Amour, is a violet liqueur with a delicate and soft flavour of rose petals and orange, and a subtle hint of vanilla.

In English the name Parfait Amour means 'Perfect Love'. It's aromas and flavours are obtained from Curaçao orange peel, vanilla pods, almonds and rose petals.

I'm a teetotaler, mostly, but there are several liqueur-type drinks that I'd like to try.  Parfait Amour always sounded interesting to me.

Random idea for the contest: different drinks for different characters?  Or is that too complicated?  Forgive me, I'm a newb. emot-frown

- Leah, wondering if getting drunk can possibly be worse than Gabitril on an empty stomach...

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door...I had to find my passage back to the place I was before.  "Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to recieve.  You can check out any time you like...but you can never leave!"

#47 | Back to Top12-01-2006 07:50:31 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ExpositionFairy wrote:

"Parfait Amour"

Oh my god. emot-aaa That sounds like stomach sex. I need to find. Anyone willing to fund Giovanna's SKU booze adventures? emot-biggrin

BTW Blavod is black vodka. The coloring gives it a small herby taste, but it's black and can be floated on stuff. Perfect for BRS drinks. emot-biggrin

#48 | Back to Top12-01-2006 08:29:41 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Found this on Deviantart. Ivy-chan, you'll love it: emot-biggrin

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22578715/

I'm still too young by a year to participate, technically. Although when not in college, I live in the magical land of Louisiana where no one gives a crap. Thank God for good-natured Cajuns and drive-thru daquiri shops. emot-dance

Last edited by Frau Eva (12-01-2006 08:30:12 AM)

Hat Mafia Member

#49 | Back to Top12-01-2006 12:14:16 PM

ExpositionFairy
Touga Topper
Website

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door...I had to find my passage back to the place I was before.  "Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to recieve.  You can check out any time you like...but you can never leave!"

#50 | Back to Top12-11-2006 12:02:51 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

I remember there was this drink at my Publix called Pink Dragon or something like that and it was literally Utena hair pink with a black and red label. It was pretty amazing. Didn't taste very good, though. emot-gonk

Well anyway, here's some of my mediocre Utena fanart. (Looking back on old stuff is painful!)
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/283 … n%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/443 … n%3Ascraps
(I like how utena came out in this one but I'm telling ya, that door is EVIL. I'm going to be redoing this one.)

Here's a preview of what I'm working on right now.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44540789/

Thanks! I gotta say I love all the fanart in here already!

Board footer