This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top06-09-2007 04:16:14 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

Re: Animal Survey...

It said I'm either a Cottontail Bunny or a Peacock. emot-biggrin

http://www.animalinyou.com/Cotton.htm

http://www.animalinyou.com/Peacock.htm

I don't know which one is more like me, though. emot-tongue Peacock, Cottontail... I must be a Cocktail, then. xD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

#27 | Back to Top06-09-2007 04:21:09 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

When I looked under the careers and hobbies for the rabbit, I thought for a moment that it had listed "Flirting" as a career.

#28 | Back to Top06-09-2007 04:41:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Teapot wrote:

I don't know which one is more like me, though. emot-tongue Peacock, Cottontail... I must be a Cocktail, then. xD

You win the Internet.

#29 | Back to Top06-09-2007 05:03:41 PM

RainbowRoseQueen
Pained Growlithe

Wildcat
Genera and species: Felis sylvestris
Collective Term: A clowder of wildcats
Description
Wildcat personalities do not differ substantially from their domestic cousins Felis Domesiticus and exhibit the aloof behavior that is common to all felines. With their well-deserved reputations as creatures of comfort, wildcats jealously guard their independence while indulging in the finer things in life. Attractive, solitary, creative, and curious, these individuals are quite happy to observe the world from a distance.

The wildcat would never take a conventional route, preferring to explore life from off the beaten track -- relying heavily on its instincts and powers of observation to guide it safely through the jungle. Its air of indifference and need for privacy keeps it on the outskirts of society, but its love for comfort always brings it back

The wildcat differs from its lion relatives in its approach to its social structure. With an aversion to the complex family organization of the lion, the wildcat finds freedom and self-indulgence to be far more compelling. So as a natural explorer, it disdains staying in one place for long, preferring the freedom of solitary roaming. in exotic locales. This wanderlust makes it ideal for a career as a travel agent, explorer, mountain climber, researcher or writer.

It's difficult to really know cats. Although they make little attempt to disguise their emotions, their communication style is somewhat abstract. They readily display their disgust and boredom as it stalk off to spend solitary time sulking. Usually however, they return to the place that offers them security and creature comforts. Close alliances are formed with others that share their eremitic and wandering ways. Horse and deer, and tiger personalities are good candidates as soul mates, while gorillas provide them with much appreciated security.

Wildcats are also incorrigible flirts and their feline mannerisms are attractive to members of the opposite sex. As a result, wildcats almost always get what they want -- plenty of pampering without the nuisance of a long-term mate. And making love to one is more than just a lot of hissing and scratching, for it is a curious lover whose tendency to get lost in the moment guarantees an unpredictable encounter.

Because of the wildcat's tendency to protect its independence, it can be difficult to get it to talk about personal issues. But when it comes to matters of the world, the wildcat loves a challenging debate. It is thoughtful and insightful on neutral themes, but when things get personal . . . logic flies out the window with the cat close on its heels. 

Careers and Hobbies
Explorer                 Dancer
Travel agent            Researcher
Writer
Traveling                 Massages
Shopping                Dancing

Famous Wildcats
Michele Pfeifer, Heather Locklear

My second was a porcupine but I'm NOT that much of a bitch. Am I ?

#30 | Back to Top06-09-2007 07:12:51 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Welcome back Frosty!

I've taken this test before and gotten the same results I did this time. I'm a bat or a snake; probably a bat.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#31 | Back to Top06-10-2007 12:12:57 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Two of my three answers don't seem to be something really positive actually... XD

an Hippo, a vulture, and Zebra... 

Hippo wrote:

Hippos are highly complex creatures, easily recognizable by their  large bodies and slow-moving lifestyles. While hippos aren't the only animal personalities with such grand frames, they tend to be somewhat self conscious about their ballast, disguising it with loose clothing (No really actually my body is BIG but I dont actually wear lose clothes XD)  and by avoiding of social interactions.

Most hippos never really accept themselves for who they are. Traditionally viewed as jolly fat people, they have tried every diet on the market (ahahaha actually not.. ). But if the hippo's heart is a cauldron of powerfully conflicting feelings and the average hippo loves to wallow in this emotional stew, it's not that a hippo gets angry more often than others. It's just that its emotion tends to magnified to an outrageous degree.(actually... some times) In fact, the wild variety of hippo kills more people than any other predator in Africa, including the malevolent crocodile.

But, even with this occasionally destructive behavior, there is no bigger heart beating in the animal kingdom. These are loving, warm, creatures who are concerned with the emotional well-being of everyone they know.(good to know...)

Everything about the hippo is big and slow but once it has gained momentum, watch out! Its performance in the boudoir is no exception and the hippo's mate must be able to handle some fierce lovin'. (sweet!!!) When it mates, it prefers others of equally oversized dimensions such as elephants and rhinoceroses, but is best suited for marriage with water-based animals like sea lions and dolphins. It is the ponderous walrus, however, that is its ideal mate, for it shares the hippo's passion for food and opulence.

Careers and Hobbies
Collection Agent        Chef
Food critic                 Receptionist

Baking                      Eating
Knitting                     Soap operas

Famous Hippos
Roseanne, Shelly Winters, Julia Childs.  (not of this actually fits me at all O.o)

The vulture actually fits me the least except for this part which really describes an important thing about me

Vulture wrote:

The vulture is a pushover for cheap flattery. It's not that it's blind to insincerity though -- it's simply delighted when someone shows enough interest to say something nice at all. And the sycophantic vulture will return the favor, gladly telling you what you want to hear. A happy friend is an easy mark.

Zebra wrote:

These strong shouldered quadrupeds are closely related to horse personalities. But since zebras have evolved in the competitive environment of the African plains, they've developed a tougher exterior and more aggressive demeanor than their cousins. (I tended to shield myself when I was younger into a mask of toughness as way of chasing away bullies that want to shit on you when you are easy to shit on it, but when I indentified someone as a friend I tried to be the best friend I could be... I sometimes think I may not have tried enough or care enough for the people arround me)

Those that come into contact with the zebra find it to be a powerfully loyal and intelligent friend. Its black and white nature shuns the gray zones of compromise and its decided idealism is incapable of accepting defeat in an argument. Zebras find it difficult to be punctual when it comes to meeting commitments that have little value to them, (true this one) and close examination of this trait reveals the subtle arrogance that pervades the zebra's personality.

Zebras have a tendency to view the world in black and white and have a strong sense of right and wrong.  Unlike their horse cousins, they are unwilling to be saddled with the burdens of others and insist that everyone carry his own weight. Their love of debate has them forming friendships with people that hold diametrically opposed views, and their enigmatic personalities contain a well-hidden dark side. When the deeper aspects of the zebra's character surface, it proves to be an interested and interesting partner. (Kind of... I tend to be stuborn and think everybody should take responsability of their actions... and always tried to follow my sense of right and wrong but I don't actually believen in black and white)

ually beneficial friendships often extend to business partnerships. Once the zebra's mind is made up, it is difficult to shift its position,As is typical of herbivorous personalities, zebras tend to form mixed herds with other grazing animal personalities and these mut which explains its reputation for stubbornness. This reputation is somewhat unfounded however, since the zebra's opinions are only formed after deliberate and logical consideration.

Don't cross a zebra unless you can match its sharp wit. For although zebras are formidable debaters, they are not necessarily good communicators. The problem is that they get so caught up in what they're saying that they never get around to listening to your views. In matters of intimacy, they reduce discussions to mere exercises of logic, leaving their mates emotionally isolated. ( I don't think I fit this)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#32 | Back to Top06-10-2007 04:17:06 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

satyreyes wrote:

It says I'm either a Bat, Snake, or Mountain Goat.  Quite a menagerie!  I think I can eliminate Snake, but the other two are both mostly hits (with a few misses).

Oh my God! Satyreyes, we must have answered each question exactly alike because I had the same three results presented to me! I was slightly insulted looking at the description of the snake...which seemed to be a cold-blooded, sniveling, Mr. Scroogey personality which I didn't relate to at all (yet, aren't we the last to see our own glaring faults), and the mountain goat seemed to be just a tad too athletic for my taste. I mean, Hiking Guide as a career? emot-confused The only common trait all three seemed to share was that of a "loner" personality, which is right on the money in my case.

I was pretty pleased with the analysis of the bat. Listing artist & writer as two possible career paths, both of which are my absolute favorite hobbies/the degree I'm perusing. Also, humorously pointing out that a bat's maternal instinct can be satisfied by merely babysitting = TRUTH! I now have the honor of being the only female in my generation to NOT have a child (for which I thank God). But the opening statement of the test warned that "bird types" tended to make for superficial friends. I'm going to have to disagree there, if bats are related to the bird category at all!

Thanks for the return greeting, my friends!!! :hugs: etc-love

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#33 | Back to Top06-10-2007 04:22:54 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Frosty wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

It says I'm either a Bat, Snake, or Mountain Goat.  Quite a menagerie!  I think I can eliminate Snake, but the other two are both mostly hits (with a few misses).

Oh my God! Satyreyes, we must have answered each question exactly alike because I had the same three results presented to me!

Awesome!  emot-biggrin  Even your objections to the Snake and Mountain Goat are the same as mine.  I can't see myself as a hiking guide... yet somehow it doesn't seem too far off, because I do like to be out in nature (except for the stinging parts).  I can confidently state that in an alternate universe not so far removed from our own, I'm a hiking guide.

#34 | Back to Top06-11-2007 04:19:11 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm either an otter, a wildcat or a swan. I'd say the otter has the most points that are like me, with the major exception of the kids - I have no idea if I'll ever have children (it'll probably up to whoever I marry) but I don't want to have more than one or two. Six kids? Hells no.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Board footer