This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-30-2006 01:48:04 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: Go! Go! Emorangers!

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Perhaps it is. I don't know, I've asked people who consider themselves to be that kind of person what it means and none of them were able to explain it in a way that made any sense. Perhaps to be "hardcore" you have to have to forcibly narrow and shrink your mind.

In that context, hardcore would be some kind of Fundamentalism then... I'm shooting at fish in a Jacuzzi with a spud-gun.

#27 | Back to Top11-30-2006 08:55:58 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

What scares me is that not all of them would be offended by that, even though they seem to think that they're very independent.

Independence through conformity. That sounds like something out of an Orwell novel.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#28 | Back to Top12-01-2006 12:46:06 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

ShatteredMirror wrote:

What scares me is that not all of them would be offended by that, even though they seem to think that they're very independent.

Independence through conformity. That sounds like something out of an Orwell novel.

Well, that's essentially how the subcultures tend to work. Express your individuality by looking and acting just like the rest of us. cool

As for the term hardcore, it's a rather general expression. It just means taking something (anything) very seriously.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#29 | Back to Top12-01-2006 08:17:57 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

The problem is that "hardcore music" refers to a specific kind of music, rather than a general obsession with music which is what grammatically it would suggest. But no "hardcore music" fan can tell me what is hardcore about this music.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Board footer