This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-01-2007 02:36:46 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

The Utena donation center.

Now I know there are members out there who own the "Holy Shit!" package of SKU, plus extra!
Then, there are those forum members, who have seen a few, own a few, and know the entire story line.
Both of these groups, most likely own the movie.

Then...there are the losers. The ones who don't own shit, but have attempted to fill their lives with SKU goodness. They lack, what others have. They need, what others know. They want to feel sane in an insane world. They want for once in their life to attend a SKU thread and understand what the members are talking about when they say "Juri and Shiori have much more than a convoluted and lesbian relationship."

This thread is for them. It is a virtual exchange program. Members who have much, rip and zip an episode of SKU for those less fortunate, and im these golden joys to the needy. Each fortunate member, is assigned to an unfortunate member, they must keep in contact and send one episode every time a less fortunate member finishes.
LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR FORUM.

Sign up list:                                        Less Fortunate members:                                  Fortunate members:

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#2 | Back to Top09-01-2007 02:44:36 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Re: The Utena donation center.

I am unfortunate member! I have but the music from Utena, courtesy of this very forum.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#3 | Back to Top09-01-2007 02:59:50 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Someone's already working on it! emot-biggrin

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (09-01-2007 03:00:33 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#4 | Back to Top09-01-2007 03:01:31 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Someone's already working on it! emot-biggrin

The link doesn't work.

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.

#5 | Back to Top09-01-2007 03:02:36 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

AnjitheArtist wrote:

I am unfortunate member! I have but the music from Utena, courtesy of this very forum.

I have the music my friend bought for me at AKO, I've seen the entire show but it has been four years.
GIVE ME SKU GOODNESS!

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.

#6 | Back to Top09-01-2007 03:21:21 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Strange. Works when I did it. emot-confused

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#7 | Back to Top09-01-2007 07:59:02 PM

Kashira
Rose Smilee

Is the thing that people lack money or DVDs? Because you can get the R1s from Amazon, and I've yet to own a DVD player that isn't multiregional. If it's money then that's a different problem entirely.   

To date I’ve only tracked down one Utena sound track. It said Utena on it…so I bought it, I have not idea what the tracks are or anything … cos they are all in Japanese…

Akio: See, we big brothers are like the moon. We're spherical, and control the tides, and make aliens turn into giant apes on occasion. Also, we're sexy. -Utena Thumbnail Theater

#8 | Back to Top09-01-2007 08:24:26 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

What does the cover look like? You should be able to tell which one it is here.

(Although I have one that's not currently listed. It was a recent release collecting a number of semi-random songs with a green cover.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#9 | Back to Top09-01-2007 09:16:40 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Ragnarok wrote:

What does the cover look like? You should be able to tell which one it is here.

(Although I have one that's not currently listed. It was a recent release collecting a number of semi-random songs with a green cover.)

I have that one too.  I believe it's not listed on the site as it's a compilation.  Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else's Utena music site from alt.fan.utena...  I have the 4 that were released in North American by Geneon as well, although I should probably consider getting spare copies soon, just to be safe.  They get a lot of use.

#10 | Back to Top09-01-2007 10:00:34 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Cerise wrote:

I have the 4 that were released in North American by Geneon as well, although I should probably consider getting spare copies soon, just to be safe.  They get a lot of use.

TRSI has them all for $6 a pop.

Helpful hint for anyone wanting copies of OSTs 1, 2, 4, or 8. emot-keke

Linky for those who've never shopped there before.  For the uninitiated, RightStuf is a very reputable and reliable anime vendor in the US.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (09-01-2007 10:07:21 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#11 | Back to Top09-01-2007 10:30:48 PM

Mylene

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Cerise wrote:

I have the 4 that were released in North American by Geneon as well, although I should probably consider getting spare copies soon, just to be safe.  They get a lot of use.

TRSI has them all for $6 a pop.

Helpful hint for anyone wanting copies of OSTs 1, 2, 4, or 8. emot-keke

Linky for those who've never shopped there before.  For the uninitiated, RightStuf is a very reputable and reliable anime vendor in the US.

That's where I bought the original copies. emot-keke  I shop at TRSI...um...way more than I probably should.  Until we realized we were buying a house, I was spending $200-$500 per month on that site... O_o;  I'm currently waiting until we close on the house before buying stuff like second copies of SKU soundtracks.

#12 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:45:04 PM

Kashira
Rose Smilee

Ragnarok wrote:

That's the one yes. emot-keke...but It only cost me £7

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

RightStuf

Oh wow, do they ship internationaly? I can't seem to find anything about delivery.

Edit:

For first time international customers, for security purposes we require a copy of your a form of ID (can be drivers license, passport, etc) which shows your address along with a photocopy of BOTH sides of your credit card.

Aww shit. They expect people in different countries to mail them that? They must be retarded, that's not the sort of thing I could ever send out... plus I don't have a credit card!

And they need some one there to sign for it? That's impractical.... but they might ship it to your work address... except they wouldn't ship it to mine. grrrrr

Last edited by Kashira (09-01-2007 11:50:05 PM)

Akio: See, we big brothers are like the moon. We're spherical, and control the tides, and make aliens turn into giant apes on occasion. Also, we're sexy. -Utena Thumbnail Theater

#13 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:49:08 AM

Mylene

Right Stuf can be a bit of a hassle for international customers, unfortunately.  I think they also have fairly high international shipping rates compared to other places.  They're fantastic for those of us in NA though.  Great selection, some of the best sales ever (come on, they have sales where you can purchase 25 DVDs or CDs from a given distributor for $100!! [Although only on certain DVDs, but it's still a really good selection and a great way to build a collection]) and they also have fantastic customer service.  I've only had one issue (they double-shipped some stuff to me), and with one phone call, it was all settled in a quick and very friendly manner.  But yeah, they suck for international.  If you've got a friend in the US, you might want to beg them to be a proxy buyer for you.

Last edited by Cerise (09-02-2007 08:50:14 AM)

#14 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:47:41 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I am in college... I have no money, and no credit card, anmd I refuse to own one.
Someone donate to me pleeeeaaaasssseee...

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.

#15 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:51:48 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I am hesitant to add my name to the list because adding myself is effectively adding Gio too. I haven't had a chance to discuss this with her, but when I do, we'll be able to tell you what we can ante up.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#16 | Back to Top09-03-2007 04:57:15 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Yasha wrote:

I am hesitant to add my name to the list because adding myself is effectively adding Gio too. I haven't had a chance to discuss this with her, but when I do, we'll be able to tell you what we can ante up.

Sounds like a winner.

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.

#17 | Back to Top09-04-2007 12:04:19 AM

atolm
Miki Molester
Website

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but to my knowledge there are several reliable torrents available which contain the entire TV series and movie; it's a large download (about 10 GB), but well worth it if you must have the series at your disposal yet are lacking in funds. I don't know what the general attitude towards such things is here, though, so....

#18 | Back to Top09-11-2007 11:13:08 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I'm on a college network, file sharing software won't work because the network doesn't allow it.

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.

#19 | Back to Top09-12-2007 04:30:52 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

I can easily help out the unfortunate. What do you need?  Just start with the beginning?

Board footer