This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top06-15-2008 01:08:49 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: Favorite Non-Traditional Pairings

beautifulpanther wrote:

[S]urrounded by perverts

Here?  I can't even imagine!

Anyhow, y'know what?  I still think the series should climax with Wakaba and Shiori randomly passing on a hill, that brief momentary pause with Intense Rose Border Action, and with a simple "Aw, fuck it," they go hand in hand down the hill and out of the series, good night, ladies and gentlemen, the end.  Sequels could well write themselves.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#127 | Back to Top06-15-2008 09:05:09 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Jellineck wrote:

- Kunihiko Ikuhara and Ruka. Oh. Yeah.

Because Miki and Kozue just aren't enough.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#128 | Back to Top06-15-2008 11:48:13 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Juri/Anthy.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#129 | Back to Top06-15-2008 12:21:05 PM

The_White_Horse
Rose Smilee
Website

Juri/Utena. Some double princely woman lovin' plzkthx! etc-wankgirl

With a side of angst on Juri's part x3

#130 | Back to Top06-15-2008 01:24:38 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Anybody mention Shiori/Anthy yet?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#131 | Back to Top06-15-2008 04:23:59 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BioKraze wrote:

Anybody mention Shiori/Anthy yet?

By all means, Shiori should pick a safe, vulnerable target for experimenting with lesbianism.

emot-rofl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#132 | Back to Top06-15-2008 04:40:09 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

The_White_Horse wrote:

Juri/Utena. Some double princely woman lovin' plzkthx! etc-wankgirl

With a side of angst on Juri's part x3

I actually thought about that one first. That ought to be super interesting...etc-wankgirl

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#133 | Back to Top06-15-2008 08:07:46 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I actually think that Juri/Wakaba could work plausibly in addition to being cute. Juri and Saionji are more alike than either of them would care to admit, but Juri is (marginally) more stable and less focused on the duelling game. Juri is aggressive and glamorous and really needs someone nurturing to take care of her. Wakaba needs to take care of someone; I think she'd be a good influence on Juri, and that being close to Juri would bring out the best in her much the way being close to Saionji did.

Saionji/Shiori, on the other hand, would be completely unstable, terrifying... and really, really fun to watch. emot-gonk

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#134 | Back to Top06-15-2008 08:14:15 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Saionji/Shiori, on the other hand, would be completely unstable, terrifying... and really, really fun to watch. emot-gonk

I would love to see that.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#135 | Back to Top06-15-2008 11:00:05 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Maybe I'll try to write that. I probably won't, but it sounds better than all of the Saionji/Juri that I had to slog through on MediaMiner to find the one or two good fics there.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#136 | Back to Top06-15-2008 11:36:08 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Dude, Utena/Mikage. It would be like making out with a mirror. SOMEONE DO IT. emot-dance

I'd also kind of like to see a Juri/Saionji that didn't suck, just because the pit is overrun with terrible ones and now I just want to see if someone could pull it off.

Hat Mafia Member

#137 | Back to Top06-16-2008 12:43:16 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Frau Eva wrote:

Dude, Utena/Mikage. It would be like making out with a mirror. SOMEONE DO IT. emot-dance

I think the closest I ever got to that was Nemuro/Mikage. Talk about mirror!sex...well, actually, it was coffin!sex. With physics.

...I have very strange kinks, apparently. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#138 | Back to Top06-16-2008 12:52:27 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Clarice wrote:

I think the closest I ever got to that was Nemuro/Mikage. Talk about mirror!sex...well, actually, it was coffin!sex. With physics.

...I have very strange kinks, apparently. school-devil

I.... I want to read that. Very much.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#139 | Back to Top06-16-2008 01:32:28 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Lady Chani wrote:

Et voilà! Prior knowledge of quantum mechanics not strictly necessary, but helpful. school-eng101

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#140 | Back to Top06-16-2008 01:52:35 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I have such a thing for Saionji/Shiori, with extra dsyfunction, plz.  But Saionji/Juri OHGODNOITBURNSMAKIEITSTOPPLZ.

Juri/Wakaba though, sounds earth-shatteringly adorable.

#141 | Back to Top06-16-2008 02:20:35 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Clarice wrote:

Lady Chani wrote:

Et voilà! Prior knowledge of quantum mechanics not strictly necessary, but helpful. school-eng101

That... was awesomely dark and lovely. Even if I didn't know a thing about quantum mechanics.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#142 | Back to Top06-17-2008 12:12:45 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Lady Chani wrote:

Clarice wrote:

Lady Chani wrote:

That... was awesomely dark and lovely. Even if I didn't know a thing about quantum mechanics.

I'm glad it still worked. I actually have only a limited understanding of even classical physics, but quantum mechanics still makes me etc-wankgirl NO REALLY. Particularly the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, which is basically what that story is about. Hee. GEEKERY!

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#143 | Back to Top04-20-2009 03:06:40 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

NajiMinkin wrote:

I think Saionji and Keiko could get together and kick some serious ass (I'd say Nanami and Saionji, but they're just too sibling like. Wait...).

But yeah. Saionji and Keiko could both feel dominated by the Kiryuus, while still serving them diligently, and bitchslap Anthy constantly together. And I'm sure little Miss Sonada would eat that diary biz up! And he, the umbrellas.

Umbrellas and exchange diaries. Ah, sweet romance. etc-love

Ho-ly crap! This couple has been swimming inside of my brain for a little while. I thought I was the only fan! emot-aaa

I think their get-together would be a great romantic dramedy. She wants to seduce Touga, and he wants to outdo him. Why not hook up with a popular girl to make him jealous? Then the acting gets serious like in Can't Buy Me Love. Besides, Keiko probably wouldn't be afraid to stand up to him.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#144 | Back to Top04-23-2009 04:14:50 PM

Nights1stStar
Ballgoer

What about Kozue and Shiori? They could feed off each other's jealousy. It'd be mostly a 'friends with benefits' relationship, of course, but they could plot ways to manipulate Miki and Juri together while lying in bed after hot sex. emot-rofl

I got the idea from a fanfic I read where Kozue and Shiori suspected Juri and Miki were a couple. They were so jealous, they took turns spying on Juri and Miki in the fencing room, and kept plotting ways to figure out if the rumors were true. The fanfic was only a oneshot, and Kozue and Shiori were only ever accomplices in the story, but the two of them worked so well together that the idea's been in my head ever since. emot-dance

Yes, I'm fully aware that there are softer sides to Kozue and Shiori than their convoluted machinations and sexual/emotional exploits. But it's just so fun to imagine them badass every once in awhile. And it'll prolly produce awesome fanart. Can't you just picture naked Kozue and Shiori semi-lying under soft-white sheets with a cool gray background, and grinning tinily but evilly as they whisper their newest plans to keep Miki and Juri's attentions?
school-devil

...and now I know I'm bisexual. Would still be confused if it weren't for RGU and this site. cool

Last edited by Nights1stStar (04-23-2009 04:46:50 PM)

"To copulate is to enter another...and the artist never emerges from herself."
-Charles Bauldelaire

Board footer