This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-23-2013 04:10:32 PM

Nova
Phoenix Down

Re: What's your greatest weakness?

dlaire wrote:

I always evoke strong reactions in others - some really like me, some really can't stand me. I don't do that intentionally.

We are very alike in this way. emot-rofl

I'm a crusader for justice, and like the Crusaders of the Middle Ages, it often leads me to commit atrocities, especially once I have lowered my visor and spurred my warhorse into a gallop.

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#27 | Back to Top03-23-2013 04:15:25 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

My personality gets old fast if you don't have anything in common with me.  People only find me smart, funny and "unique" for so long.  Like I'm some kind of adorable sarcasm toy.  But I'm very opinionated and talkative, and I like cartoons, video games and other not-as-accepted-in-my-neck-of-the-woods activities.  After awhile, people want to be around people they can share interests with, not just someone who occasionally entertains them.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (03-24-2013 12:49:54 PM)

#28 | Back to Top03-24-2013 03:56:01 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

I can be kind of pushy. I've got a drive to get things done, but it overwhelms some people and tiny things can stop my momentum.

Also, can be pretty critical of things. Some don't like that, but I think analysis can bring about a greater understanding of why we like or dislike things. This leaves me disliking a lot of things but having a solid foundation and comprehension of what I do enjoy.

dlaire wrote:

I always evoke strong reactions in others - some really like me, some really can't stand me. I don't do that intentionally.

What do you think causes that duality? Is it just the compatibility of personality types?

I'm very pushy myself so I totally get it. Because of that I hate group projects and I prefer doing everything myself. I'm also very critical and I guess those two traits show the nature of true perfectionists.

I also think that the duality comes from the compatibility of personality types and the values that people share. I'm very purposive and it's very difficult to me to change my opinion. There are religious fanatics that are as stubborn as me.

Nova, I can see a resemblance. emot-rofl I'm kind of happy we don't live in Middle Ages anymore. The internet duel doesn't end un with a bloodbath. emot-wink

OnlyInThisLight, I guess that how Oscar Wilde might have felt. I think that people who are a great company often feel neglected when they feel sad because everyone expects them to be cheerful.

#29 | Back to Top03-24-2013 07:45:26 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Mylene wrote:

It's either my extremely thin skin or extremely fast temper. My ability to hold grudges over the tiniest things if they hurt my feelings and/or make me angry is also pretty high on the list.

I'm adding to this my ability to dwell and/or worry over something FOREVER. I'm surprised I haven't driven Paradox completely insane at this point. I mean, I'm still freaked out over something I said last night that probably meant nothing to anyone around...and yet, my chest is clinched up and I hope to god I didn't screw something up again.

Edit: In a sign of how awesome my sister-in-law is, she just contacted me regarding last night. While dwelling is still a huge problem for me, at least that particular incident has been resolved.

Last edited by Mylene (03-24-2013 09:37:49 AM)

#30 | Back to Top03-24-2013 12:39:25 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I'm sure I have multiple issues to deal with.

The biggest thing getting in my way in general is probably the extent to which I frequently indulge myself in procrastination. A lot of the other problems probably stem from that, to one extent or another.

#31 | Back to Top03-24-2013 08:20:47 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Hmm... I'm going to go with a massive insecurity coupled with a predisposition for fairly severe depression.  Yeah, try explaining that one on a job interview.  Or not, since most of the time, I take one look at a job application and I'm like, "No one in their right mind would hire me for this position."  And then I curl up in a ball of misery and don't leave the house for two weeks.  SO GLAD I'm not applying for jobs anymore.

And if the above weakness isn't the main cause behind the whole selective mutism thing, said cause would come in at a close second.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#32 | Back to Top03-26-2013 08:59:14 AM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

I'm indecisive as hell, and often lack motivation because I'm kind of a perfectionist ("I won't be able to do X well enough, so there's no point in even trying to.").

#33 | Back to Top03-28-2013 05:37:05 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

That's easy. I hate to admit it but it's my temper. If you look at me cross-eyed I won't hesitate to do something like make a scene in public.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#34 | Back to Top03-29-2013 05:40:28 PM

zevrem
Banned

We should go deeper: what is the motivation behind our flaws? Why do we feel this way? To what stimuli do we respond most crudely?

The real purpose of elections is to make the people hate each other more than they hate their government.

#35 | Back to Top12-22-2013 01:08:32 PM

Cheerie132
Wakaba Wrangler

Uh, I'm seemingly incapable of saying "NO", even to people I don't really care about. Perhaps low self-esteem, I don't know. Plus I get angry easily, which is a strange combination, indeed. Oh, and a lack of social skills... Yep, I'm a wierdo and it's not so healthy. Gotta do something about it...

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Marcel Proust -

Board footer