This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top11-30-2006 08:34:49 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: SKU Sims

...you got Nanami doing Saionji's hair, and gave Anthy a pet cow plant. Is there anything you can't do?

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#52 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:22:10 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Wow!

Sims 2 for Mac is currently a mere $30 at Amazon.  It is taunting me with its relative affordability.

It better still be $30 after payday next week...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#53 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:24:19 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

The problem with either Sims game is not the original game's monetary cost. It's both all of the expansions that you have to buy if you want all the content, and the fact that if you're not careful it will eat your life.

#54 | Back to Top11-30-2006 09:29:51 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Oh yes, I'm aware of all of those expansions that further draw you deeper and deeper into the Sims world and out of your own.  They're not going anywhere anytime soon though; I'd have plenty of time to add those one at a time every month or two.

The idea of creating my own virtual Ohtori is just too great to pass up.

As far as the price issue, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to video games.  It has to be really worth it for me to spend more than $25 on a video game - computer or console.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (11-30-2006 09:31:14 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#55 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:08:54 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I do want my own virtual Ohtori... it's fanfic you can watch.

#56 | Back to Top11-30-2006 10:37:30 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Pillow of Dios..

Wait, wait, do you have Dios? Now that would be interesting. He'd need plus points for everything, though. emot-gonk

#57 | Back to Top12-01-2006 08:13:42 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

You did that all that PIXEL BY PIXEL IN PAINT?! emot-gonk *dies* That...is dedication, to say the least. I'm glad you've got Photoshop now.

I'm always afraid to give my Anthy a cowplant. I don't want it to eat anyone important when I'm not looking, and I'm sure I'll forget to tell Anthy to feed it one day and it'll eat half my SKU sims. That telephone that calls death is there though.

Hat Mafia Member

#58 | Back to Top12-01-2006 03:14:10 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

If you want to keep a cow plant, all you need to do is keep it locked up. I learned that the hard way... Luckily the telephone that calls the Grim Reaper is the most useful item in the game to me, because I'm such a horrible person. My sims see the Grim Reaper so often that I'm surprised they aren't best friends.

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Wait, wait, do you have Dios? Now that would be interesting. He'd need plus points for everything, though. emot-gonk

... What? A Dios sim...? Er, no, of course not... I don't have a Dios sim, and I never have. Really!

Okay, fine. I did have a Dios sim, a very long time ago. It was before I knew how to design hair and clothes, so he didn't come out well. Keep in mind that this was during the short period of time when I had only seen up to episode 17 and the movie, so all I knew about Dios was that he was Utena's prince. One day I got bored of having him around, so I decided that I wanted to get rid of him. He didn't look right, and all he ever did was sit in the Castle of Eternity. (Yes, I have a Castle of Eternity.) However, I knew that I would be criticized by my sister if I killed him, so I sort of... Framed his death, and said it was an accident. o _o

The funny thing is that I watched episode 34 for the first time the very next day. (Will I be stabbed with hundreds of swords for this?) emot-gonk

I'll make another Dios sim whenever I get the chance, but for right now, his clothes are so complicated that the idea of making them is frightening.

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I do want my own virtual Ohtori... it's fanfic you can watch.

I've written a fanfiction about my Utena sims, but as you can probably tell, playing the game itself is much more entertaining. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested. It gives you complete control over the Utena cast. To these sims, you are God, and what happens to them is completely your decision. school-devil Just so we're clear, I don't torture my sims. Only the NPCs who interfere with their lives.  And whenever I do need to replace them, I kill them in the most humane way possible. Death comes for them with hula girls... Bringing them back to life would be the inhumane thing to do, and yet I always feel bad afterwards.

It's the things that happen without your consent that makes this game really interesting. I always keep Free Will on, because I love to watch what my sims do on their own.

Out of curiosity, how would all of you want your SKU sims to live out their lives, or rather, how would you change the lives of the real cast?

#59 | Back to Top12-02-2006 03:36:17 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

I really want to have lots of random families with random children who have obviously been illigitimately fathered by Akio. So when Akio is out pontificating with Utena or something, one will just randomly walk by. emot-biggrin I wish they had a  "Makin' Magic" expansion for Sims2 like Sims1, since I would SO wreck havoc with Anthy. I'll just have to content myself with the little potions and spellbooks people have made. emot-frown

As for pairings, I have no idea. I'm thinking a little Saionji/Nanami because I feel sorry for the both of them and they've already grown up together. Well, not so much feeling sorry for Nanami now that I put her henchmen in the game, but still. And I think everyone else will screw indiscriminately and get into giant bitch-fights over it, because that's pretty much SKU. I love the image of Akio and Anthy having a non-passive-aggressive slap fight over Utena. emot-dance

Hat Mafia Member

#60 | Back to Top12-02-2006 05:09:28 PM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

Snaps to Saionji/Nanami.  I've had to start from scratch on my laptop here at school, but in my big Utena neighborhood at home my University saga ended up with the two of them engaged.  It was kind of adorable when Saionji would stay overnight at the Kiryuu's house.

#61 | Back to Top12-02-2006 05:25:40 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

If I had the Sims2, I would recreate the Nemuro Hall event by locking as many characters as possible, block all the doors and then start a fire! *hehe* school-devil

#62 | Back to Top12-02-2006 05:27:47 PM

Archambeau

The Hall wasn't actually burnt down in a fit of delusion by Nemuro -- he just forgot to take his toaster pastry out of the oven.

Oh shi---

#63 | Back to Top12-02-2006 05:38:02 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Archambeau wrote:

The Hall wasn't actually burnt down in a fit of delusion by Nemuro -- he just forgot to take his toaster pastry out of the oven.

Oh shi---

emot-biggrin Actually that sounds even better, either that or putting them all inside a giant swimming pool and removing all the ladders. school-devil

#64 | Back to Top12-02-2006 05:44:57 PM

Archambeau

I find it quite funny that they won't leave the pool without the ladders.  I suppose the fear of scraping one's knee on the rough edge of the pool is just that immobilizing.

But, yes -- Utena Sims.  Lots of fun.  I'm curious as to whether any of the Sims nuts here have tried starting their Utena timeline from the characters' respective childhoods.  A lot easier to adhere to the story that way, not to mention it's just plain cute in the case of the some of the cast.

#65 | Back to Top12-02-2006 06:08:55 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Archambeau wrote:

Oh shi---

"Senpai... Come and see now! Back then, in that place, who was really there? Who wasn't there?! Who was it that really left that toaster pastry in the oven?!"

Having a Mikage sim would be fun, especially with the Nemuro Hall. My prefered method of death is death by satillite. When your sims stargaze, there's a chance that a satillite will fall from the sky and crush them. :3 What surprises me more than the inability to climb out of a pool is that they can't climb over a picket fence. They can't even get past velvet rope, for goodness sakes.

My Anthy and Utena sims started their lives as teenagers, and then they went to college together. The problem with making clothes for children is that there is a very limited amount of patterns to work with. As much as I would love to have a Mitsuru sim, there isn't a pattern that would work for his clothes. I do, however, have the Ohtori school uniform for teenagers. Juri and Shiori look so cute as teenagers... But poor Juri had to relive her childhood trauma all over again. (Only this time with Kozue. school-devil )

#66 | Back to Top12-02-2006 06:16:44 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Razara wrote:

But poor Juri had to relive her childhood trauma all over again. (Only this time with Kozue.

Juri and Kozue... now thats even more scary than Juri and Shiori as Kozue and Juri would fight over who would get the the Seme and who would be the Uke. (I know they use those terms in yaoi, do they use those terms in yuri as well?)

#67 | Back to Top12-02-2006 06:33:42 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I don't think Kozue would take any flak from Juri. cool

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#68 | Back to Top12-02-2006 06:35:46 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Actually, I worded that incorrectly. Juri was sad because Kozue stole Shiori from her. (I have a great picture that goes along with that story. I'll post it when I get the chance, as well as a few others that I have in mind. I hope it's alright if I keep posting screenshots like this. e.e)

I like pairing those three together, even though involving Kozue with the two of them is a bit unusual... Of all my sims, I love Kozue the most.

#69 | Back to Top12-02-2006 08:05:29 PM

Archambeau

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/morsincerta/tart_jones.jpg
BANGTARTS: For when a "pop" just isn't enough.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/morsincerta/tart_shit.jpg

That's what happens when you eat on the go, Nemuro.  You kill people.

#70 | Back to Top12-02-2006 08:37:45 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

That's it. I'm making a Mikage sim. I'll invite as many people over his house as possible and put in a toaster pastry in the oven. Then, when he's safely outside the house, I'll delete the door and wait for the inevitable.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Pastry.jpg
Ruka isn't invited.

#71 | Back to Top12-02-2006 08:41:13 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

So, I just went ahead and ordered The Sims 2 for my Mac. emot-dance

Very soon after it arrives, priority will be getting all of those necessary add-ons that Frau Eva and others have shared. They are compatible with the Mac version, I hope! emot-confused

One question.. how much of this alternate SKU world will I able to accomplish without any of the expansion packs?  I am not planning on getting any of those right away, but I'd like to at least be able to watch me some "live-action" SKU fan-fiction!  And the secondary question... which expansions would be most necessary to get the Authentic Ohtori Experience? cool

#72 | Back to Top12-02-2006 09:18:01 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

OH MY! When I idly suggested making a Nemuro Hall and setting it alight, I never guessed that it would start things like this.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/ … Pastry.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/m … _jones.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/m … t_shit.jpg

#73 | Back to Top12-02-2006 09:39:12 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

So, I just went ahead and ordered The Sims 2 for my Mac. emot-dance

Very soon after it arrives, priority will be getting all of those necessary add-ons that Frau Eva and others have shared. They are compatible with the Mac version, I hope! emot-confused

One question.. how much of this alternate SKU world will I able to accomplish without any of the expansion packs?  I am not planning on getting any of those right away, but I'd like to at least be able to watch me some "live-action" SKU fan-fiction!  And the secondary question... which expansions would be most necessary to get the Authentic Ohtori Experience? cool

Best expansions for Utena? You will NEED Nightlife. It allows dates. And roses. And cars, as well as having sex in them. GET IT.

University, you'd theoretically need very much if you wanted to make Ohtori into an actual university and not a fucked up neighborhood. But going through University is tedious as all hell to me and lots of other people who play Sims. And you can't keep them there forever and ever like real Ohtori, which is what really seals it for me. I just made it a regular neighborhood and turned off their aging. Also, this is the one with the Cowplant and the phone that brings people back to life and/or turns people into zombies. Necessary for Akio and Anthy.

Open For Business has...well, it has nifty building tools that would be better for making certain architecture. They've got a very cool fairy tale building set. Also, Anthy can learn flower arranging, and that expansion has elevators(as well as the sex00rs inside them). I found a way to make a whore house using Open For Business, but that's not canon anyway. Ohtori girls give it away for free. school-devil

Lastly, Pets is only good for getting Anthy all her crazy familiars. Although I don't think there's a way you can make a ChuChu dog that doesn't look demonic. emot-gonk I've tried.

Also, I don't know why Mikage carrying a giant poptart cracks my shit up. It's as if he really wasn't a lone genius all this time, but just a really quiet stoner.

Hat Mafia Member

#74 | Back to Top12-02-2006 11:21:01 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

University is one that I would highly recommend. It's the only expansion pack required to download a few Utena sims on thesims2.com. Just go to the exchange and search the word "Utena." They have Utena, Anthy, Touga, Saionji, and Wakaba. Unfortunately, Utena's hair doesn't work correctly, and the only hair style for Anthy has her hair worn up. (Personally, I like how it looks when worn down.) The first thing I designed was new hair for Utena. Then I needed new hair for Akio, new clothes, a Juri sim, and so on. :3

Nightlife is probably the best expansion pack for Utena, and sims in general. For one thing, it gives you a Downtown area, where you can go on dates at restaurants, bowling alleys, and dance clubs. And best of all, it lets you own cars. Sims fans have been asking for cars for years, and at last they've finally given them to us. My Akio sim has a red car. With the move_objects on cheat, I managed to get a picture of him striking a sexy pose on top of a car. Once, my Shiori sim got hit by a car. Well, technically that can't happen, but Ruka slapped her, and she walked out into the driveway to cry just as Juri pulled in with Akio's car. Luckily, she was okay. In fact, she was smiling... Even though a car was going through her at the moment.

Open For Business isn't really necessary, but it certainly is fun. Shiori owns a really cute cafe called Ohtori Cafe:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Screen22.jpg
Any Azumanga Daioh fans will probably recognize that waitress outfit. I'm a huge Azumanga Daioh fan, so I wanted to design that for them to wear.

As for pets, it's good if you want to have a Nanami sim, so that she can have a pet kitten. :3 Just don't kill them, please. (I kill sims like ants, yet I won't even kill a sim kitten.)

#75 | Back to Top12-02-2006 11:39:25 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Razara wrote:

Once, my Shiori sim got hit by a car. Well, technically that can't happen, but Ruka slapped her, and she walked out into the driveway to cry just as Juri pulled in with Akio's car. Luckily, she was okay. In fact, she was smiling... Even though a car was going through her at the moment.

*laughs*  I really want to see a picture of that.  Please, please, please tell me you got a screen cap.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

Board footer