This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#876 | Back to Top05-22-2008 09:11:36 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Re: vIRGin Meet in NYC? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR SEXY FUN TIME <3 <3

Razara wrote:

Kealdrea...with her boyfriend,...

WHAT WHAT WHAT?

Well, regardless, I know I'D like to see you, and I think everyone else probably would too. Of course, one or two events are limited in size.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#877 | Back to Top05-22-2008 09:44:36 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Stormcrow wrote:

Razara wrote:

Kealdrea...with her boyfriend,...

WHAT WHAT WHAT?

He wouldn't be coming. e_e Like I said, the whole New Jersey thing was just something that spawned out of them deciding that it would be better to go on a date to the amusement park than bothering with the prom. I don't really know how all this happened too well, either.

Once again, everyone, I'm really for even asking this late on.

#878 | Back to Top05-22-2008 09:53:51 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

No no, I thought...er, never mind.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#879 | Back to Top05-22-2008 11:15:04 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Stormcrow wrote:

emot-biggrin It's okay Stormy, we know.

I was wondering, folks! Is there any way there would be time for a webcam chat with all of you lovely people while the RoseCon is on? That is, if there's any internet connections in the hotels/you'd be up for it. I have a massive desire to at least see all your faces, since I can't be over there.

#880 | Back to Top05-23-2008 12:31:58 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Almaser wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

emot-biggrin It's okay Stormy, we know.

I was wondering, folks! Is there any way there would be time for a webcam chat with all of you lovely people while the RoseCon is on? That is, if there's any internet connections in the hotels/you'd be up for it. I have a massive desire to at least see all your faces, since I can't be over there.

Ooh, if we can do a group thing with Skype, I'll play too! Because you're only in Brisbane I can match your time easily enough (I think I'm a couple hours ahead; you Queenslanders and your rebellion against Daylight Savings...), so if the others have a time that works for them...

I don't have a webcam, though. My father used to have one, I think, but he used to call me from Paris on it and it annoyed me so much I usually told him to turn it off. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#881 | Back to Top05-23-2008 02:07:38 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Stormcrow wrote:

I'm her sister, yet even I can't easily explain their relationship very well.

Even if I can go, I'll still feel bad that Kealdrea is going to feel left out because she doesn't know anyone. D:

#882 | Back to Top05-25-2008 03:28:31 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Razara honey, we might not be able to rearrange dinners and reservations for you, but if you can be here you will definitely be hanging out with us. Just tell us what happens/happened with this and we'll go from there. etc-love

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#883 | Back to Top05-27-2008 10:31:20 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

IMPORTANT CHANGE IN PLANS!!!

Heya, just letting people know that I am giong to be staying at a different hotel. Somehow, we all failed to remember that my Aunt is a diabetic(even her), and her insulin needs to be kept cold. Sadly, the Carlton Arms has no refridgeraters.

So we will now be staying at : http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/ht … mo=gglocal

Just wanted to let you guys know. =3

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#884 | Back to Top05-28-2008 05:27:52 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Sorry for the false alarm, but it looks like it's not going to happen. emot-gonk In fact, "Don't make any plans for this weekend, we're going to Six Flags," eventually turned into, "Instead we're going a closer amusement park up in Maine," to NOTHING. I hoped that I would be able to get to New York, especially since I've actually got about $300 from family members for my confirmation, and I'm getting a job this summer, all of which would be used for this trip. I want to bitch about how I didn't get to go on a school trip to New York either, or how I'm going to be left behind on another vacation this winter that my mom will be going on with my best friend since second grade and his mom (LOGIC?!), and just for the heck of it, how Kealdrea and I didn't get to go to Disney Land with my brothers and sister because we were too young. I want to complain, but I have no right to.

Have fun in New York! Please chase after a pigeon for me, and get pictures of them! emot-keke

#885 | Back to Top05-29-2008 05:41:01 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

My jealousy is firmly set in now.  If only this had been one week later, I could have just decided, "Hey, let's go to NYC" and hopped a plane even after talking myself out of going.  Alas, while I might be able to miss one class, I certainly can't miss two, and I have a class Friday and Saturday this week (but nothing next week.)

#886 | Back to Top06-01-2008 02:57:55 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I really, really hope that everyone had fun! I miss all of you! Make sure to post pictures!! etc-love I'll be here pretending I went.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#887 | Back to Top06-02-2008 10:29:57 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

RoseCon was epic win!  Thanks largely to the superhuman efforts of Gio and Yasha with scheduling etc., everyone -- and I'm pretty sure I do mean literally everyone -- had a terrific time.  We all came home (or will come home, in some cases) with a lot of stories.

I want to hear those stories.  I'm putting together an article on the con for the Utena wiki, and I'd like to include something from every attendee who cares to contribute.  A sentence, a paragraph, a page -- what do you remember most fondly (or least fondly) about the con?  What was the best thing you ate, sight you saw, or conversation you had?  What struck you most about the city -- or about the vIRGins in it?  Let me know!

#888 | Back to Top06-02-2008 10:36:00 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

satyreyes wrote:

RoseCon was epic win!  Thanks largely to the superhuman efforts of Gio and Yasha with scheduling etc., everyone -- and I'm pretty sure I do mean literally everyone -- had a terrific time.  We all came home (or will come home, in some cases) with a lot of stories.

I want to hear those stories.  I'm putting together an article on the con for the Utena wiki, and I'd like to include something from every attendee who cares to contribute.  A sentence, a paragraph, a page -- what do you remember most fondly (or least fondly) about the con?  What was the best thing you ate, sight you saw, or conversation you had?  What struck you most about the city -- or about the vIRGins in it?  Let me know!

Satyreyes, as a member of the internets, I have to say: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Also welcome back! emot-biggrin Glad to hear that everyone had fun!

#889 | Back to Top06-02-2008 10:40:53 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm not a pic-taker, but rest assured that a lot of the attendees are; RoseCon will go down as one of the best-documented events in the history of anime fandom.  emot-tongue  When I get on the ball I'll upload the one picture I did take, the view from my hotel window.  The New York Hilton is 55 stories.  My cheapass Hilton room was on the 54th floor, overlooking the Brooklyn Fucking Bridge.  Made me wonder what I'd have gotten if I'd sprung for the suite.

#890 | Back to Top06-02-2008 10:43:56 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Fift- ... I'm not even sure there are any buildings in my country above 30 floors. That is ridiculously awesome.

#891 | Back to Top06-02-2008 06:17:16 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

I'm working on uploading my pictures.  I must also suggest that there be an IFD thread devoted to vIRGins in "blackmail-worthy" situations--I've got a couple of those, and they know who they are and what they did.  school-devil  Either that or a password-protected album somewhere, wherein we all upload such pictures.  The lols must be made known, but only to forum members, not all and sundry.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#892 | Back to Top06-03-2008 01:49:41 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Ah, RoseCon! I'm so glad that I went... and I really think that some pics do belong in IFD, if only because I don't want to be blackmailed!

Ah, who am I kidding? I don't regret anything!

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Board footer