This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-09-2014 09:01:04 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: Does Ursula's Kiss even exist anymore?

codeblackhayate wrote:

Oh, no. I do parody videos. I have a kind of abridged Utena series that releases episodes...every few years.

Ah, I see!  So sorry about the mistake emot-redface, and I'll definitely check out your videos sometimes!

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#27 | Back to Top09-29-2018 08:26:30 PM

Xu Yuan
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

This is incredible! I was looking through the early design portion of the show and all of the translation and quickly looked up "Ursula's Kiss" to see if this topic has been discussed and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been. These design documents reveal that Enoki likely had some early script material which went entirely unused! We originally thought that the whole idea of an "enemy force" was a silly American-ization to make it appeal more to the West in their marketing, but it turns out that these might be the only snippets of a Beta SKU, so to speak. Everyone that is mentioned in those weird listings are present here. Gouki Ohtori (who design wise was different from Akio at this stage, even if he did eventually end up becoming him.)  Pazolini, the Silver Masked Man, and Lady (D)une with very similar descriptions to what the Enoki site gave us. This somewhat implies that they had a working set of storyboards that they sent off with these characters included to Enoki. It now makes sense why Enoki couldn't reveal what the idea behind them were.

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/Manga/Sketches_Design

#28 | Back to Top10-04-2018 10:57:18 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Xu Yuan wrote:

This is incredible! I was looking through the early design portion of the show and all of the translation and quickly looked up "Ursula's Kiss" to see if this topic has been discussed and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been.

Huh, I could have sworn we'd discussed this on the forums, but now that I think about it, the webmistresses may have just posted that link as an announcement and then had most of the discussion on tumblr or twitter.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I never expected the Seekers of Armageddon mystery to be solved, but you're right that that's more or less how it must have shaken out. It's still kind of odd that the author of the episode summaries didn't go back and catch that there were nonexistent characters still on the list, but clearly they didn't have a lot of oversight or editing.

The classiest Utena cosplay group would now be Silver Mask, Lady June, and Pazolini. Rook Rouga and Jeanne can come too if you have extra people. Shame they have no coloring.

Board footer