This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-28-2012 10:48:40 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

RoseCon '12: Revolutionary Hoteling!

This thread is for hashing out the rooming situation at RoseCon '12, August 3 to August 5!  Most of us will want to stay at the Moore Hotel; this is where we'll have screenings and hangouts.  Great location, best prices in town, etc.  Here are your choices.  (All prices include my best guess about tax.)

The Party Room.  We've booked the seventh-floor suite for four nights, arriving on Thursday, August 2 and checking out on Monday, August 6.  Six people fit inside, and the cost per person is $192 (for all four nights).  Gio and Yasha will share a queen, and may bring a third, so there are either three or four slots left to claim.  Before you jump at the chance, know that this is not the cheapest option, nor the most private, nor the quietest -- God knows how late we'll be up partying.  But it is where everything is happening.  I'm taking care of booking this room; please PM me if you want in.  I know a lot of you have already expressed an interest in this room, and I want to do the fairest job I can of figuring out who goes there.  It helps if you're willing to share a queen bed, and if you can send me your share of the cost sooner than August that would be fucking fantastic.

Cheap Room.  The cheapest option (that doesn't involve sharing bathrooms) is to book a room with two queen beds.  If four people split the cost, after tax this is going to run something like $150 per person (for all four nights; less if you're only staying Friday to Sunday).  Please feel free to use this thread to look for roommates!

Really Cheap Room.  If you're doing RoseCon on the cheap and need to save every $15 you can, you might consider a two-queen room without attached bathrooms.  These "European-style" rooms have bathrooms down the hall -- like a college dorm, but with much better beds.  You and three roommates will pay about $135 per person (for all four nights).

Private Room.  You can book a room with a single queen-size bed for about $100 a night for two people, or about $90 a night for one person.  For four nights, that's around $200 if you can live with one roomie, or around $360 if you can't.  You can lower this price somewhat by taking a shared bathroom.  Rooms with two doubles are also available for similar prices, if you want a roomie but don't want to share a bed.

Elsewhere.  You could always look for a hotel with better rates, but be prepared to lose a lot of time to commuting; this happened to a lot of us in New York.  Honestly, the rates above are pretty unbelievable, but if you can do better, more power to you!

Let's make it happen, gang!  Post here to look for roomies, ask questions, or anything else related to encamping in Seattle!  emot-biggrin

#2 | Back to Top03-03-2012 12:18:45 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Re: RoseCon '12: Revolutionary Hoteling!

Hmmmm.....

I need more time to think about where exactly I can afford. I'm debating between sharing the Party Room or just have a Cheap Room. I'll let you know by mid-April, if that's alright with you, Satyr.

#3 | Back to Top03-03-2012 04:02:07 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hiraku wrote:

Hmmmm.....

I need more time to think about where exactly I can afford. I'm debating between sharing the Party Room or just have a Cheap Room. I'll let you know by mid-April, if that's alright with you, Satyr.

I already have enough responses to fill up the main suite, and I owe it to the folks who are definites for the Party Room to let them know as soon as I can.  Which I will, as soon as I know whether Gio and Leni have a plus-one. emot-smile

#4 | Back to Top03-03-2012 04:47:33 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Hiraku wrote:

Hmmmm.....

I already have enough responses to fill up the main suite, and I owe it to the folks who are definites for the Party Room to let them know as soon as I can.  Which I will, as soon as I know whether Gio and Leni have a plus-one. emot-smile

Cool! That'll actually allow me to be more decisive with the matter.

I'll have a Cheap Room, and hopefully more people will be cool with having roommates! :waits:

#5 | Back to Top03-04-2012 05:05:00 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Micah and I will probably end up taking a private room by ourselves. 'Cause none of you really wanna listen to him snore or me talk in my sleep. :/

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#6 | Back to Top03-04-2012 06:20:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Lesse, we do have the plus 1!

So the main room would be like this:

Yasha and I = one queen
Ash +1 = other queen
Kris (our add) = double
Rhy = double

Sound good?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#7 | Back to Top03-04-2012 07:37:53 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

That's what I've got, in first-come-first-served order. emot-smile  Sorry to those of you who wanted in on the suite but got in after Ashnod and Rhy!

#8 | Back to Top03-06-2012 10:46:53 AM

MissKosmic
Juri Jeerer
Website

I'll be wanting to rent one queen bed for myself and my +1, so anyone who is up for sharing a room and reserving the other bed would be helpful. If I can't find anyone I'll be forced to go with a private room and I'd rather save the money. I know I'm not very well known in the group, I'm practically a stalker. BUT, I promise I'm secretly uber cool and outgoing in real life. Also I have pink hair, full-time, year-round....and I'm a chef. (I'm not very good at marketing myself, clearly.)

So share a room with me, I promise I won't axe murder you. Although I can't vouch for the mental stability of my +1.

#9 | Back to Top03-06-2012 05:51:05 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Well, looks like I didn't get in on the suite, so... cheap room it is!

MissKosmic, I'm also looking for roommates... you sound cool enough to me emot-smile

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#10 | Back to Top03-06-2012 06:58:08 PM

MissKosmic
Juri Jeerer
Website

Then that will be my tentative plan! I will probably be able to reserve in April. Does that work for you?

#11 | Back to Top03-07-2012 08:17:14 AM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Sounds great to me! Looking forward to it :-)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#12 | Back to Top03-07-2012 12:19:25 PM

Chrome Homura

MissKosmic wrote:

Then that will be my tentative plan! I will probably be able to reserve in April. Does that work for you?

Possibly. However, it's worth keeping in mind that I don't know who I'd be sharing a bed with (yet?) I sure as hell can't afford to have it to myself (Unless you both would be willing to pitch in the extra 50 to make it an even 200 each, of course) but if we don't get another volunteer I might have to jump ship.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#13 | Back to Top03-13-2012 08:12:22 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

I'm also looking for two more for a cheap room.  There will be myself and a plus one.  She snores, but I promise to shove her when I notice it.

#14 | Back to Top03-13-2012 08:51:28 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I'll be getting a cheapie with my bit - a guest. He's a great guy and neither of us tend to sleep, so feel free to drop by and hang if you're rooming with a morning person.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#15 | Back to Top03-13-2012 09:20:02 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

KaleMarsh wrote:

I'm also looking for two more for a cheap room.  There will be myself and a plus one.  She snores, but I promise to shove her when I notice it.

Hey KaleMarsh, if you don't mind, I'd like to share a room with you. I'm also looking for cheap, and I live in Baltimore, so maybe this could work out with the trip and everything. :|a

#16 | Back to Top03-14-2012 09:33:58 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

Sounds good, Hiraku.  I'll PM you to follow up.

#17 | Back to Top03-19-2012 02:30:02 AM

MissKosmic
Juri Jeerer
Website

Well I'm bordering on getting a private room, so if we don't find a fourth I'm sure we can work out the cost emot-smile

#18 | Back to Top03-19-2012 02:41:43 AM

Chrome Homura

MissKosmic wrote:

Well I'm bordering on getting a private room, so if we don't find a fourth I'm sure we can work out the cost emot-smile

I suppose that could also work...

I've noticed this thread doesn't seem very active... are the majority of people discussing options via PM/other methods of contact, or simply putting off said discussion until later? Just a curious thought.

#19 | Back to Top03-19-2012 09:38:00 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Well there are several months yet to go, and while some need to plan ahead more than others, a majority make final plans closer to the departure date. We started the conversation early so no one would get excluded because they needed more leadtime from jobs and such. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#20 | Back to Top05-02-2012 05:54:43 AM

MissKosmic
Juri Jeerer
Website

I haven't been able to make my reservations yet, things turned in an unexpected direction, so my plans are less solid now. However, I expect to get my act together in plenty of time.

#21 | Back to Top05-24-2012 09:41:34 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

ATTENTION LADIES.  I've booked a private room for August 2 through 6, and I have no roommate.  I'm just saying.  school-devil

#22 | Back to Top05-24-2012 10:55:43 PM

Chrome Homura

satyreyes wrote:

ATTENTION LADIES

emot-frown

#23 | Back to Top05-25-2012 01:04:52 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

So, I'm thinking I'll try to come to RoseCon. MissKosmic and Chrome... are you still looking for one more for your shared room? Or satyreyes, were you actually fishing for roommates rather than sexual partners? emot-wink

#24 | Back to Top05-25-2012 02:35:51 AM

Chrome Homura

I haven't committed to any particular plans yet, but assuming I do end up rooming with Misskosmic, you'd be more than welcome to join us emot-keke

#25 | Back to Top05-25-2012 02:42:33 AM

MissKosmic
Juri Jeerer
Website

Right now my plan is to get a room with two queen size beds, one for me and my +1, the other for Chrome and whomever he is willing to share with. If you two are comfortable sharing, then that's great! That means you each only pay $76.50 (plus tax). Let me know if you two agree and when you think you'll be ready to pay, I may be able to reserve it and collect from you later. Also, Chrome, if you need a lift I can pick you up. I'll be driving up from Southern Oregon on Friday and Returning on Monday. Let me know what works for you!

Board footer